David from Mesa

New to H2SXRiders.net? Introduce yourself!
FJR919
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Bike(s): H2SXSE ,2015 ZX14R, 2018 BMW K1600B , 2016 Yamaha FJR1300, 2016 Suzuki GSX S1000F, 2014 HondaCB1100

Re: David from Mesa

Post by FJR919 » Fri May 17, 2019 5:59 pm

Welcome David, I would suggest you do the flash first as it is the best bang for the buck mod for this bike. It's not just about the power increase; the bike is so much smoother, more rideable., and therefore more enjoyable. Just my 2 cents.
1 x

Jayski

Post by Jayski » Wed May 29, 2019 6:55 pm

I am in Gilbert Az and looking at picking up the 2019 H2SXSE+. Was looking at insurance rates and seems quite high. David in Az, may I ask what your insurance rate is since we are in the same area, and who you are through. I have 4 cars, 4 motorcycles, my home and a few other things through Allstate. They have always been the lowest. I am 63 and clean record. Thanks for your responses.
0 x

darich1146
Starting Engine
Starting Engine
Bike(s): 2018 H2 SX SE

Post by darich1146 » Wed May 29, 2019 8:37 pm

Hi Jayski,

I was originally with Progressive with our 2 cars and my 2 bikes (had an April Tuono and Victory Judge) and the rates seemed appropriate. When I sold the 2 bikes and got the H2SX, the rate went through the roof (almost $2K for the H2SX!). I shopped around and saw the rate from Allstate was low. In fact, I thought perhaps an error, but after completely providing all of the info and setting limits the same as before (not the highest but safe), the rate was about $500 per year.

Interestingly, I was going to switch my wife and my cars over to Allstate but, after checking the rates for our cars, decided not to since the rates were higher that we were paying with Progressive. Since I was in the shopping mood, I looked around at a few others and decided to move our 2 cars over to Geico (savings of $300+). It's really odd to me how things vary like that and "loyalty" of staying with one company really isn't rewarded but, in fact, penalized. Sadly, I'll probably shop the next time anything comes up for renewal for fear of "unfair" rates.

About me - I'm 47, married, no accidents, no tickets (this bike will change that!). So that's my story, sad but true.
0 x

Jayski

Post by Jayski » Thu May 30, 2019 2:47 am

Thank you for the detailed info. I was quoted $2300.00 / yr by allstate, and several others were near $3000.00. Much higher than even my H2R, which Iput some lights on and registered for the road for a year. I will have to decide if the enjoyment with the bike is worth paying that much for insurance. Again thank you. Maybe we will meet up one of these days. Do you go to the pavilions, do rides or go to the drag strip?
0 x

PhukDD
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Bike(s): a green one

Post by PhukDD » Thu May 30, 2019 8:12 pm

Try State Farm. I live just south of Maricopa County. It is like 65 per month. You would need to roll all your policy’s to them to get the bulk discount.
1 x

GT550
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged
Bike(s): Yamaha Raider SCL, Honda CB1100, Triumph Speed Triple R, Honda VFR 1200 DCT, Moto Guzzi Calif 1400

Post by GT550 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:30 am

Burmashave wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:12 am
Welcome!

I have an SE, and it's interesting how preferences for windscreens go in both directions. I'm tall (6' 3"), and I'm thinking of downsizing to a tinted SX windscreen to reduce buffeting and put more wind into my chest.
Let us (me) know how that works out. More wind = less strain on arms/wrists
0 x

darich1146
Starting Engine
Starting Engine
Bike(s): 2018 H2 SX SE

Post by darich1146 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:12 pm

I still haven't tried out the National Cycle sport touring screen but I do, in fact, like the one I have from Powerbronze. I really haven't had any real wind issues. My dad saw my bike for the first time last week (he's not a bike guy at all!!!) and one of his comments was the wind screen looked nice. I think, now that the temps are picking up and I won't be riding as often, I might do the vcyclenut flash. Sounds like everyone has great things to say about it too.
0 x

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik