Where is the steering damper?

For general chat about the Kawasaki H2SX (SE). One Wheel Drive forum for all other bike talk.
User avatar
JonTheChron
Medium Boost
Medium Boost
Posts: 544
Joined: Dec 10th, 2017
Location: Quebec
Bike(s): H2 SX SE '18
Website: http://supercharged.ninja
x 137
x 161

Re: Where is the steering damper?

Post by JonTheChron » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:48 am


I was at the local motorcycle show yesterday I managed to spend a good 2 hours with the SX SE, sitting on it and taking pictures. I'll try to post a few soon.. my USB cable crapped out and I can't upload via Wi-Fi as a 20MP image takes 10 mins
0 x

2018 H2 SX SE (1st in Canada)
2011 Ninja 1000 (sold)
2009 Ninja 250R (sold)

User avatar
cOoTeR
High Boost
High Boost
Posts: 1133
Joined: Dec 15th, 2017
Location: United States
x 105
x 527

Re: Where is the steering damper?

Post by cOoTeR » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:44 am


From the Kawasaki USA site. If it's not on the bike that's going to be an issue that I'm going to bring up with the dealer.
Attachments
Screenshot_20180203-220821.jpg
0 x

Stock with airfilter 164whp 84ft.lbs
De-restricted + tuned 213whp 97ft.lbs
Full vandemon exhaust with tune 221whp 99ft.lbs
On Race Fuel 233whp 103ft.lbs

User avatar
KiwiKodi
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Posts: 61
Joined: Feb 4th, 2018
Location: UK
x 31
x 22

Re: Where is the steering damper?

Post by KiwiKodi » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:15 pm


Bit of a wobble at 299kph plus!! (Although pretty sure the bike they are riding is the H2)

0 x

User avatar
JonTheChron
Medium Boost
Medium Boost
Posts: 544
Joined: Dec 10th, 2017
Location: Quebec
Bike(s): H2 SX SE '18
Website: http://supercharged.ninja
x 137
x 161

Re: Where is the steering damper?

Post by JonTheChron » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:56 pm


cOoTeR wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:44 am
From the Kawasaki USA site. If it's not on the bike that's going to be an issue that I'm going to bring up with the dealer.
Good, lucky you I would do the same if it was listed on the Canadian site. But unfortunaly when I pointed out the USA specs to the Canadian Rep he told me to always refer to the Canadian website for the correct info.
0 x

2018 H2 SX SE (1st in Canada)
2011 Ninja 1000 (sold)
2009 Ninja 250R (sold)

User avatar
JonTheChron
Medium Boost
Medium Boost
Posts: 544
Joined: Dec 10th, 2017
Location: Quebec
Bike(s): H2 SX SE '18
Website: http://supercharged.ninja
x 137
x 161

Re: Where is the steering damper?

Post by JonTheChron » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:57 pm


KiwiKodi wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:15 pm
Bit of a wobble at 299kph plus!! (Although pretty sure the bike they are riding is the H2)

This vid is fake. Read the top comment on that youtube vid, LoL
0 x

2018 H2 SX SE (1st in Canada)
2011 Ninja 1000 (sold)
2009 Ninja 250R (sold)

User avatar
JonTheChron
Medium Boost
Medium Boost
Posts: 544
Joined: Dec 10th, 2017
Location: Quebec
Bike(s): H2 SX SE '18
Website: http://supercharged.ninja
x 137
x 161

Re: Where is the steering damper?

Post by JonTheChron » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:36 pm


27332381_10155601428095432_8876337865516505751_n.jpg
No Steering Damber H2SX SE
Here is a pic I took of where the steering damper would be if there was on and there is nothing, I spent at least 10 minutes looking.
0 x

2018 H2 SX SE (1st in Canada)
2011 Ninja 1000 (sold)
2009 Ninja 250R (sold)

User avatar
KiwiKodi
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Posts: 61
Joined: Feb 4th, 2018
Location: UK
x 31
x 22

Re: Where is the steering damper?

Post by KiwiKodi » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:53 pm


JonTheChron wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:57 pm
KiwiKodi wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:15 pm
Bit of a wobble at 299kph plus!! (Although pretty sure the bike they are riding is the H2)

This vid is fake. Read the top comment on that youtube vid, LoL

Ha. Oops 😳
0 x

User avatar
cOoTeR
High Boost
High Boost
Posts: 1133
Joined: Dec 15th, 2017
Location: United States
x 105
x 527

Re: Where is the steering damper?

Post by cOoTeR » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:26 am


JonTheChron wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:56 pm
cOoTeR wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:44 am
From the Kawasaki USA site. If it's not on the bike that's going to be an issue that I'm going to bring up with the dealer.
Good, lucky you I would do the same if it was listed on the Canadian site. But unfortunaly when I pointed out the USA specs to the Canadian Rep he told me to always refer to the Canadian website for the correct info.
It most likely won't do any good for me either other than possibly dropping a couple bucks off the cost of a damper. At the top of the specs page on their website it says "Specifications and pricing are subject to change."
0 x

Stock with airfilter 164whp 84ft.lbs
De-restricted + tuned 213whp 97ft.lbs
Full vandemon exhaust with tune 221whp 99ft.lbs
On Race Fuel 233whp 103ft.lbs

User avatar
cOoTeR
High Boost
High Boost
Posts: 1133
Joined: Dec 15th, 2017
Location: United States
x 105
x 527

Re: Where is the steering damper?

Post by cOoTeR » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:03 am


According to this review it has one.

https://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/mo ... 79532.html
0 x

Stock with airfilter 164whp 84ft.lbs
De-restricted + tuned 213whp 97ft.lbs
Full vandemon exhaust with tune 221whp 99ft.lbs
On Race Fuel 233whp 103ft.lbs

User avatar
Vmatti
Low Boost
Low Boost
Posts: 113
Joined: Jan 27th, 2018
Location: Finland
x 55
x 20

Re: Where is the steering damper?

Post by Vmatti » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:22 am


cOoTeR wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:03 am
According to this review it has one.

https://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/mo ... 79532.html
Noticed the same:

"An Öhlins electronic steering damper adjusts itself automatically based on vehicle speed to help you keep that front end under control at speed. Normally I wouldn’t worry about such things on a bike that is meant to double as a tourer, but the supercharger is a game-changer, and this is a machine that definitely benefits from some extra control features to help manage the acceleration and potentially high top speeds."

0 x

H2SX SE with panniers and Vandemon H2R (+Akrapovic)
Ex: ZZR-1400 -12
Ex: Suzuki Hayabusa -08
Ex: Kawasaki Z750 -04

Post Reply
meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests