my zx10 header project

Vendors, please post a thread about your H2SX products here.
vcyclenut
Medium Boost
Medium Boost

my zx10 header project

Post by vcyclenut » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:52 pm

After initial testing and seeing how many people are interested in the modification I have decided to put together package deals that will include everything needed to mount this full system on your bike..

The kit will include:
A used zx10 header ready to mount , I will inspect each header for damage and make sure it has none
a brand new lextek midpipe
brand new lextek canister with removal db killer

I sell a lot of lextek product and their quality vs price point can not be beat. There exhaust components come with a lifetime warranty!!

as you can see I was able to make the bags fit, with what will be an optional bracket that I am having made in thick billet and anodized black for maximum rigidness and best looks

The weight savings over stock is 20 lbs!!!

I don't want to post dyno runs until I am completely done with the tune ( by the end of the weekend) but I will say that it is performing above my expectations and the riding experience with the system is very nice.

now the most exciting news. PRICE POINT IS GOING TO BE RIGHT AROUND $600 FOR THE FULL KIT with a carbon canister and $525 with a stainless canister with carbon end cap!!

my flash set up specifically for this set up will also be ready by the end of the weekend for $250

combined with a sprint filter you are going to be looking at a 65-70 hp gain for a total price point around $1025-1100!!!

h2sxzx103.jpeg
h2sxzx102.jpeg
h2sxzx101.jpeg
3 x

Zdude
Low Boost
Low Boost
Bike(s): 2018 H2SXSE , 2009 Buell Lightning

Re: my zx10 header project

Post by Zdude » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:38 pm

This is the performance bargain of the year! We need to thank guys like this for going out there and putting something like this together for us. I know from the tune that he provided to me with the Yosh slip-on and Sprint filter, the man's work is very, very good and now this. This is just outstanding, if I didn't already have done what I have, I would jump on this in a second. It will be interesting to see how this system stacks up against the Vandamon and upcoming Brock's Alien Head system. I do have a question, what is the optional Billet Bracket for the Bags that you mention above? Thanks Vcyclenut, you da man!
2 x

Thunderdawg
Low Boost
Low Boost
Bike(s): 2018 Ninja H2 SX SE

Post by Thunderdawg » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:16 am

vcyclenut, I am def interested in the dyno results and a pic of the bracket. I am correct that if I buy the header, mid-pipe and canister, that a reflash (for this system) of my ECU that you reflashed last summer will be no extra charge beyond shipping and insurance. Thanks for your continuing development work for this bike!
1 x

Zotto
Low Boost
Low Boost
Bike(s): 2012 Super 10, 2006 RC-51, 1986 LTD GSXR 750(currently being restored) 1975 KV 75, 2018 H2 SX SE

Post by Zotto » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:22 am

:bow: Vcyclenut, You have made a aesthetically pleasing (with the bags) system. Could we get a couple close ups of the header? when you have time. Cant wait to find out about the Dyno results! you are da man!
1 x

vcyclenut
Medium Boost
Medium Boost

Post by vcyclenut » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:06 pm

instead of quoting everyone and the answering ill just answer in one post:

1)what is the optional Billet Bracket for the Bags that you mention above? Thanks Vcyclenut, you da man!
Thank You!!!!!! It lowers the canister so that the bags will fit. I like the look better without the lowering bracket and figured not everyone would care if you could fit the bags and I wanted to keep everything at my lowest possible price point , so I am making the bracket optional.

2)I am correct that if I buy the header, mid-pipe and canister, that a reflash (for this system) of my ECU that you reflashed last summer will be no extra charge beyond shipping and insurance
Correct, there would be no charge to update the flash and I would ship it back with the system so there would be no extra shipping charges there either

3)Could we get a couple close ups of the header?
Do you want a close up of the entire header of a specific part of it?
1 x

WR-NA
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Bike(s): 2009 ZX6R (Race), 2011 ZX10R, 2016 ZX10R, 2017 Z125 Pro, 2018 Ninja 400 (Race), 2019 Ninja H2

Post by WR-NA » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:47 pm

It'd be very interesting to see the characteristics of the power curve with an aftermarket full exhaust system from either a 4th or 5th gen ZX-10R.

The 4th gen header, while well designed, wasn't optimal - they kind of addressed this in the 5th gen stock header.
OEM 4th gen header vs Graves full Ti system:
(OEM top, aftermarket bottom)
Inkedimage (80)_LI.jpg
Here is my OEM 4th gen, vs my OEM 5th gen vs my Akra Evo system:
Akra Left, 4th gen OEM Middle, 5th gen OEM Right
20160418_193817.jpg
4th gen OEM left, 5th gen OEM right
20160418_183424.jpg
4th gen OEM top, 5th gen OEM bottom
20160418_183401.jpg
If I had known you all were working on this before I moved, I would've send you my OEM 5th gen header to try out - instead I trashed it along with my OEM 4th gen. :( They bolt up the same to the bike, just the 5th gen is slightly longer than the 4th gen.

But back to original point on hand I'd be curious to see what the full system did in the midrange (even the top end). In the mid range they are good for double digit gains. On the top end with a stock head, only 1-2, maybe 3. But once the head is cleaned up then you'll gain more there as well. Once the OEM header is replaced, the head then becomes the bottle neck. So seeing what it can do across the rev range especially on a forced induction bike would be awesome - I predict it would work rather well.

I don't have my dyno sheets from my 4th gen (done way too many years ago in a shop that is no longer around before I started working in the industry but here is Graves' dyno charts - I can attest my gains were very similar)
GravesDyno.jpg
Then this is my 5th gen
Box stock (blue)
Installing the Akra Evo system, eliminating the top end power cut in ETV mapping and extending revs 500 RPMs (red)
Pulling the Akra baffle out, playing with ETV and ignition maps with a stock fuel map and 500+ revs (green):
Link as I can only upload 5 attachments at a time: https://www.dropbox.com/s/axfzqx7jp4fdq ... .39.09.png

So as you can see on the ZX-10R there is a lot left in the motor choked up by the OEM exhausts, it'd be really interesting to see what a full system from a ZX-10R does on the bike! Good job Vcyclenut!
1 x

Zotto
Low Boost
Low Boost
Bike(s): 2012 Super 10, 2006 RC-51, 1986 LTD GSXR 750(currently being restored) 1975 KV 75, 2018 H2 SX SE

Post by Zotto » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:39 am

3)Could we get a couple close ups of the header?
Do you want a close up of the entire header of a specific part of it?
[/quote]

I would like a Lay out picture like WR-NA has done.

Also if i was to purchase both brackets would i be able to adjusted so i could have the "high" pipe look and the "bag" friendly look with a quick swap? or can one bracket be able to accomplish this? - I am all about function and performance - but it also needs to look proper as well as kickass.

Thanks man
0 x

vcyclenut
Medium Boost
Medium Boost

Post by vcyclenut » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:24 pm

here is a picture of the header and the dyno results I posted the weather conditions for complete transparency. It was cooler air but more humid on the zx10 header day I suspect this is good for a 5-7 hp difference. The zx10 header run also had a sprint p08 filter in it and obviously my flash. Even with that the results are quite amazing!!

initially only the stainless can will be available as the carbon can is on back order. I have posted this stuff on facebook and have had quite the response and have presold a few kits with a $200 deposit. Contact me through my website if you would like to do the same. I am still waiting on the brackets and want the weekend to do some good long rides to finalize all the part throttle mapping before officially releasing the product on the website.

vcyclenut.com

bracket answer: to fit it without bags no extra bracket is required, the bracket is only required if you want to install with the bags. The swap takes less then 3 minutes. Im with you I like the angle better without the bracket and this is how I will run the bike when im not using the bags

zx10 header.jpeg
zx10 header dyno.jpeg
stainless bike pic.png
0 x

dieseldad60
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged
Bike(s): 2018 Kawasaki H2 SX SE

Post by dieseldad60 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:08 pm

Hey vcyclenut, I'm prolly not ready to do a full system yet... but I have installed the Yoshi ALpha CF can and am ordering the Sprint filter. Do you have a tune that might be good for that setup or would I need to pop for the full monty?

Thanks!
0 x

vcyclenut
Medium Boost
Medium Boost

Post by vcyclenut » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:06 pm

dieseldad60 wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:08 pm
Hey vcyclenut, I'm prolly not ready to do a full system yet... but I have installed the Yoshi ALpha CF can and am ordering the Sprint filter. Do you have a tune that might be good for that setup or would I need to pop for the full monty?

Thanks!

yes i have a great flash for it!!

it can be purchased here as well as the sprint filter , any other questions please let me know

https://www.vcyclenut.com/kawasaki-h2-sx.html
0 x

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik