Grips

Bike aesthetic/mechanical/electrical modifications and general wrenching advice.
JMod45
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged

Grips

Post by JMod45 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:08 pm

I've been riding to work since I got the bike in May, and I noticed today that the grips are starting to feel a little bit sticky.

I am starting to wonder if the high temperatures (100+°F) the bike is sitting in during the day are causing this. It has a conditioned garage at home, so not an issue there. They aren't turning to mush yet, but I've seen grips do this on older bikes, and I'm afraid of this happening.

So a couple of questions.
Has anyone else noticed this on their bike yet?
Can you change the rubber grips on a bike with heated grips?

I've never owned heated grips, so my knowledge is limited. I found pricing for the whole assembly and I don't like the idea of having to buy a whole new set.

Left side is part number 46075-0618 and about $140
Right side is part number 46019-0072 and about $120
https://www.kawasakipartshouse.com/oemp ... /handlebar
0 x

roadczar
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Bike(s): H2 SX - non SE

Re: Grips

Post by roadczar » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:35 pm

Interesting, no part number for the grips. I was about to put heated grips on my SX, but this may be a deal breaker.
0 x

JonTheChron
Medium Boost
Medium Boost
Bike(s): H2 SX SE '18

Post by JonTheChron » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:31 pm

I have the SE since March and I have never noticed any change in the grips since then, and I do twist that throttle pretty hard.
0 x

2018 H2 SX SE (1st in Canada)
2011 Ninja 1000 (sold)
2009 Ninja 250R (sold)

russellmc
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged
Bike(s): 2018 Kawasaki H2 SX SE

Post by russellmc » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:54 pm

My clutch grip feeling sticky after 14k miles in Erie, PA weather which isn't hot by any means. I don't use any harsh cleaners. Normal? Must replace? Getting cooler outside - ok to turn on the heat?
0 x

KompreSXor
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged

Post by KompreSXor » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:29 pm

Mine have started to feel slightly sticky, I’m at just over 7k. Only feel sticky on my bare hands, not with gloves on. I tend to clean them with a wet microfibre cloth. It seems to take away the stickiness for a while.

Uk btw.. not exactly “warm” here..😆
1 x

keith zx
Low Boost
Low Boost
Bike(s): sx1000

Post by keith zx » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:14 pm

have no bother with the grips getting sticky, I have a problem with the performance of them , always on full , and never feel that warm , they also seem to cool down and warm up again through out the ride , I don't know if it is me , but my last three kawasaki's were fitted with oxford oxford intelligent heated grips and they performed about the same as the costly Kawasaki heated grips, the best grips I have used are the cheaper r&g heated grips .
0 x

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik