SE Seat is Torturous

Bike mechanical/electrical modifications and general wrenching advice.
HouTexH2SX
Low Boost
Low Boost
Bike(s): '16 Yamaha FJR1300ES, '18 KTM Super Duke R, '18 H2 SX SE

Re: SE Seat is Torturous

Post by HouTexH2SX » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:00 pm

Burmashave wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:16 pm
silverr1 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:37 pm
Anyone try the Airhawk or other seat pad?
I have an Airhawk and hate it, although some folks definitely like it. I guess it's one of those things you have to try to see which camp you fall into. Ergonomically, it's excellent because weight is distributed evenly across the bum. I just don't like the feeling of not being planted on the seat -- with a properly inflated Airhawk you float off the seat and your bum "slides" a bit with lean/inertia.
I have one as well and agree with these comments 100%. If you're just cruising down the interstate it's okay for improved comfort but it just feels weird and unsettled in the twisties.
0 x

IowaH2SXRider
14.7 psi
14.7 psi
Bike(s): 2017 FZ10, 2017 Triumph Trophy SE, 2018 H2 SX

Post by IowaH2SXRider » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:25 pm

The H2 seat does get more comfortable with miles but this inflatable seat fits well and is extreeeemly comfy

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/air ... r-seat-pad
0 x

dieseldad60
14.7 psi
14.7 psi
Bike(s): 2018 Kawasaki H2 SX SE

Post by dieseldad60 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:52 pm

IowaH2SXRider wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:25 pm
The H2 seat does get more comfortable with miles but this inflatable seat fits well and is extreeeemly comfy

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/air ... r-seat-pad
Which size did you get that fits the H@ well? Or is it more about how it fits your bottom? :-)
0 x

Zdude
Low Boost
Low Boost
Bike(s): 2018 H2SXSE , 2009 Buell Lightning

Post by Zdude » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:46 pm

Received my seats back from Sargent today, less than a month after sending it to them. I was able to benefit from the special pricing they had during Christmas so the entire bill was $299.95 and that included return shipping. Front seat was done the same as HouTexH2SX and the rear seat was just upholstered to match the front only, no foam or mod to it. Seats look great and I'm anxious for winter to go away. Might go to Bike Week in Daytona but no riding here in Ohio with snow, ice and freezing temps. Shout out a thanks to HouTexH2SX for setting us up and making the procedure easier!
0 x

HouTexH2SX
Low Boost
Low Boost
Bike(s): '16 Yamaha FJR1300ES, '18 KTM Super Duke R, '18 H2 SX SE

Post by HouTexH2SX » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:01 pm

Zdude wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:46 pm
Received my seats back from Sargent today, less than a month after sending it to them. I was able to benefit from the special pricing they had during Christmas so the entire bill was $299.95 and that included return shipping. Front seat was done the same as HouTexH2SX and the rear seat was just upholstered to match the front only, no foam or mod to it. Seats look great and I'm anxious for winter to go away. Might go to Bike Week in Daytona but no riding here in Ohio with snow, ice and freezing temps. Shout out a thanks to HouTexH2SX for setting us up and making the procedure easier!
Glad to hear you are happy with the quality of the work by Sargent. Let us know as soon as you get out for a ride--hopefully you will be just as happy with the comfort as I am with mine. I have noticed that the seat does break in a little with use and feels even better, especially toward the front where it's not dished. It also makes you sit a little further back from the tank but I don't find the slight extra reach to the bars uncomfortable at all.

That was a great deal you got from them--$15 less than I paid and I didn't get the rear seat re-covered. In hindsight I wish I had but I keep it covered all the time with a Nelson Rigg tail bag anyway.
1 x

Burmashave
Low Boost
Low Boost
Bike(s): '18 H2 SX SE, '15 Versys 1000

Post by Burmashave » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:21 pm

Zdude wrote:
...the rear seat was just upholstered to match the front only, no foam or mod to it....
Zdude, I'm planning the same thing, and my seats have just arrived at Sargent. What did they do to re-upholster the pillion?
0 x

Zdude
Low Boost
Low Boost
Bike(s): 2018 H2SXSE , 2009 Buell Lightning

Post by Zdude » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:25 am

Burmashave wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:21 pm
Zdude wrote:
...the rear seat was just upholstered to match the front only, no foam or mod to it....
Zdude, I'm planning the same thing, and my seats have just arrived at Sargent. What did they do to re-upholster the pillion?
They covered the pillion with the same material used on the front seat with matching piping and stitching. They charged under $30 for this additional work but it does not have new foam or reshaping only now is a perfect match for the front section. I had considered having them try to re-use the stock seat covering on the front which would have made the rear re-upholster un-necessary but really didn't like the way the original material would seem to attract smudges and was a hassle to keep clean although I did like the pattern scheme. Anyway, I'm happy I had both done, they really do look great!
1 x

Burmashave
Low Boost
Low Boost
Bike(s): '18 H2 SX SE, '15 Versys 1000

Post by Burmashave » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:24 pm

Thanks, Zdude! That was pretty much was I am hoping they will do for me.
0 x

Arthurgee
14.7 psi
14.7 psi
Bike(s): H2 SX Tourer

Post by Arthurgee » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:12 pm

i made an enquiry to sergeant in the UK about getting my saddle done. Here's my response:

Hello Graham
the seat on the USA website is the same one as on ours: https://www.sargentcycle.co.uk/acatalog ... -seat.html
The bike has a different name in the USA: http://www.sargentcycle.com/Seats-Acces ... Ninja1000/

Looking at pics of the H2, it looks as if the H2 has a different shaped seat - note the curve on the lower rail, leading up to the tank.
The only seat Sargent produce for the Z1000 at the moment has a more or less straight rail.

We'll pass on your request - if the factory receive enough request, they will consider making a seat for new models.

Thank you for considering Sargent seats.
Regards
Sales

Not really helpful, so looks like if i want one its going to have to get sent to the USA to be done. And i want one!!
0 x

Arthurgee
14.7 psi
14.7 psi
Bike(s): H2 SX Tourer

Post by Arthurgee » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:43 pm

latest reply on the seat from Sergeant:

Hello Graham
aha - that's a Custom seat, produced in the USA only; we don't have a production facility here in the UK.
We can arrange this for you of course, but the shipping across the Atlantic is very expensive - If you sent the seat over to us, we could ship it to the USA for around £50.00, but it would come back in one of our shipments, the cost of which would be included in the price of doing the custom work.
I'll ask Dane for the cost of this conversion and get back to you in a day or two.
Regards
Sean

Any one in the USA got a spare stock seat i could buy and get it sent direct to Sergeant to save some money? might be more in the long run depending on the costs of the saddle but i would imagine i'm looking at about 5-6 week turnaround.
0 x

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik