Self-Tuning Thread

Bike aesthetic/mechanical/electrical modifications and general wrenching advice.
Prof J
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!
Bike(s): '19 SE +

Re: Self-Tuning Thread

Post by Prof J » Tue May 19, 2020 6:58 am

Snakes709 wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:12 am
What octane are you running btw. I run 91 no ethonal from shell. Im guessing you are running around 11.7afr? Still planning on putting something up on mapshare?
Snakes709, was this ever answered, somewhere?
0 x

\

Snakes709
Medium Boost
Medium Boost
Bike(s): 2018 H2 SX SE

Post by Snakes709 » Tue May 19, 2020 2:51 pm

Prof J wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 6:58 am
Snakes709 wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:12 am
What octane are you running btw. I run 91 no ethonal from shell. Im guessing you are running around 11.7afr? Still planning on putting something up on mapshare?
Snakes709, was this ever answered, somewhere?
I dont think so. Regardless I went a different route. Got vcyclenut to send me his flash and he made adjustments for me. Running off of 94 with 10% ethanol.
1 x

2018 H2 SX/SE
-ZX10R Headers
-2016+ ZX10R Yoshimura Alpha 3/4 system
-Sprint P08 Filter
-Vcyclenut flash
-Driven block off plates
-Yager Werx Intercooler
208whp 96tq

Prof J
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!
Bike(s): '19 SE +

Post by Prof J » Sat May 23, 2020 9:53 pm

I have a mailbox-data read flash setup with David. I like that convenience. I am on adjustment 2 of 3, where I'll likely stay for a while. I'll do a write up on it soon. I'm leaving the adjustment 3 as the cherry on top.

So as I read and work to understand, and slowly integrate the bikes ECU and Wooolich setup, i.e. tuning software and data collection/auto-tuning, I'm wanting to 'place' various pieces of information I get from reading, feedback, and Woolich into a broader tuning context.

For example, a 'safe' AFR as suggested by Woolich is 12.0 - 12.2. A "never exceed 22-23 total degrees under higher loads" timing suggestion.

With regard to the 12.0-12.2 AFR (I used a 10.0 with Bazzaz on a turbo bike that they setup - as 'wet'). So, given 12.0-12.2 is a good, safe common ground, what'd be 'too wet', and what'd be too lean/potential danger to cause engine damage? I understand this is not a precise science, it is though, relatively consistent, given ambient temps, humidity and air pressure, and most bikes, given the same setup, will test about the same, on a given dyno, for example. So lets just use that as a given in this premise.

For the timing, I have no idea how David has modified the timing on my map, or if it was changed. I have not looked into that area yet. But using the Woolich 22-23 degrees (advance) in timing, as a max, drag or racing would be my guess, that is what 'under high load' means? Then leaving the timing stock, is then the way conservative setting?

So what 'range' of timing advance would still be considered 'safe' but with good gains, in comparison to the max of 22-23? I get the range is comparative, and perhaps even subjective, but coming from folks who have gone to the more high ends of performance, for both AFR and timing?

What else should I ask, or think about, to meld these various components of this bikes ECU tuning/Woolich understanding, but I do not know to ask?
0 x

\

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik