New owner from Texas

New to H2SXRiders.net? Introduce yourself!
cOoTeR
High Boost
High Boost

Re: New owner from Texas

Post by cOoTeR » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:12 pm

Ninja H2SX wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:55 pm
cOoTeR wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:43 pm
If it did anything to save the engine all cars would have them. But they don't because it is unnecessary and an added cost.
A lot of bikes and cars do come with magntic drain plugs these days. Heck, my 2000 Hayabusa came with a magnetic drain plug.

I'll always run a magnetic drain plug ... it certainly doesn't hurt, especially in a bike with the transmission (steel gears with HP always going through them) being lubed by the same oil as the engine. And it also gives you an indication if anything bad is going on inside the engine. I also always cut open the oil filters on all my vehicles to check for any potential problems going on.
I wouldn't say lots of cars have them with the amount of cars out there I'd say most do not. It did seem pretty big in the early 2000s for production vehicles but it has seemed to have faded away and isn't that common from the factory. It is just not necessary.

Your right it doesn't hurt anything it's just overkill. But whatever makes you feel better. Just like me I'm changing the oil on my bike at 300 miles to get the first set of breaking material out early. It's not needed but I'm doing it for peace of mind because I run my bike harder than most when new.

What do you use to cut open your filter to make sure your not getting the case material inside while cutting it? Do you check through your used oil by filtering it through something after it's been drained or send samples off to a lab to be analyzed? Because the screen on the oil pickup tube for the pump will prevent the larger pieces from getting to the filter.
0 x

Stock with airfilter 164whp 84ft.lbs
De-restricted + tuned 213whp 97ft.lbs
Full vandemon exhaust with tune 221whp 99ft.lbs
On Race Fuel 233whp 103ft.lbs

KevinRLi
Pressure Building
Pressure Building

Post by KevinRLi » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:29 pm

Well I can say that the magnetic plug in my 2012 C14 did catch the piece of third gear that broke free.
1 x

1980 CB650 Sold to an older guy in CT to "tinker" with.
2007 Bandit 1250 Traded in for the 2012 C14.
2012 Concours 14 Traded in for the 2015 C14.
2015 Concours 14 Traded in for the SX SE.
2018 H2 SX SE.

Ninja H2SX
Low Boost
Low Boost

Post by Ninja H2SX » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:46 pm

cOoTeR wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:12 pm
What do you use to cut open your filter to make sure your not getting the case material inside while cutting it? Do you check through your used oil by filtering it through something after it's been drained or send samples off to a lab to be analyzed? Because the screen on the oil pickup tube for the pump will prevent the larger pieces from getting to the filter.
I have an oil filter cutting tool that's basically like a big pipe cutter, so it doesn't leave any debris from cutting the filter's can. Do a search on Amazon or other similar sites and you'll find oil filter cutting tools.
1 x

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik