New owner from Texas

New to H2SXRiders.net? Introduce yourself!
User avatar
its2rad
New Member
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Apr 3rd, 2018
Bike(s): 2018 H2 SX SE #88
x 2

New owner from Texas

Post by its2rad » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:55 pm


I picked up my SX SE last Friday. I haven't logged that many miles yet but so far I really like the bike. I'm looking forward to this weekend and good weather so I can put some miles on it. Keeping it under 4k is challenging for me during break-in. :D
1 x

2018 H2 SX SE #88
2017 KTM 450 EXC-F Six Days Supermoto
2017 GROM
2017 CRF Fiddy

User avatar
cOoTeR
High Boost
High Boost
Posts: 1133
Joined: Dec 15th, 2017
Location: United States
x 105
x 527

Re: New owner from Texas

Post by cOoTeR » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:58 pm


Welcome. Mine was over 4k rpms as soon as I left the lot. Lol.
1 x

Stock with airfilter 164whp 84ft.lbs
De-restricted + tuned 213whp 97ft.lbs
Full vandemon exhaust with tune 221whp 99ft.lbs
On Race Fuel 233whp 103ft.lbs

User avatar
vcyclenut
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!
Posts: 875
Joined: Jan 22nd, 2018
Location: fort myes, florida
x 298
x 655

Re: New owner from Texas

Post by vcyclenut » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:52 pm


welcome aboard!! :)

the bike is AMAZING!!
0 x

User avatar
Vmatti
Low Boost
Low Boost
Posts: 113
Joined: Jan 27th, 2018
Location: Finland
x 55
x 20

Re: New owner from Texas

Post by Vmatti » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:16 pm


Welcome !
1 x

H2SX SE with panniers and Vandemon H2R (+Akrapovic)
Ex: ZZR-1400 -12
Ex: Suzuki Hayabusa -08
Ex: Kawasaki Z750 -04

User avatar
Hillman
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged
Posts: 49
Joined: Dec 1st, 2017
Bike(s): 2018 H2SX SE
x 9
x 24

Re: New owner from Texas

Post by Hillman » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:22 pm


Welcome to the site. It's okay to go over 4K a bit once in awhile. :D
0 x

User avatar
KevinRLi
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Posts: 89
Joined: Jan 24th, 2018
Location: New York
x 36
x 50

Re: New owner from Texas

Post by KevinRLi » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:49 pm


I'm over the 4 k thing.... I'm breaking it in just like any other vehicle I broke in. Don't beat on it, don't ride a at a constant RPM and change the oil at 500 miles and stick in a magnetic oil plug.
1 x

1980 CB650 Sold to an older guy in CT to "tinker" with.
2007 Bandit 1250 Traded in for the 2012 C14.
2012 Concours 14 Traded in for the 2015 C14.
2015 Concours 14 Traded in for the SX SE.
2018 H2 SX SE.

User avatar
cOoTeR
High Boost
High Boost
Posts: 1133
Joined: Dec 15th, 2017
Location: United States
x 105
x 527

Re: New owner from Texas

Post by cOoTeR » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:58 pm


KevinRLi wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:49 pm
I'm over the 4 k thing.... I'm breaking it in just like any other vehicle I broke in. Don't beat on it, don't ride a at a constant RPM and change the oil at 500 miles and stick in a magnetic oil plug.
I think most of the material tat wears during break in is non magnetic so the magnetic plug may be a waste.
1 x

Stock with airfilter 164whp 84ft.lbs
De-restricted + tuned 213whp 97ft.lbs
Full vandemon exhaust with tune 221whp 99ft.lbs
On Race Fuel 233whp 103ft.lbs

User avatar
Ninja H2SX
Low Boost
Low Boost
Posts: 123
Joined: Dec 2nd, 2017
Location: WA State
x 30
x 36

Re: New owner from Texas

Post by Ninja H2SX » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:18 pm


cOoTeR wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:58 pm
KevinRLi wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:49 pm
I'm over the 4 k thing.... I'm breaking it in just like any other vehicle I broke in. Don't beat on it, don't ride a at a constant RPM and change the oil at 500 miles and stick in a magnetic oil plug.
I think most of the material tat wears during break in is non magnetic so the magnetic plug may be a waste.
I've always used a magnetic drain plug in every bike, car and truck I've owned. They always catch some stuff, but the amount goes down with miles. Lots of ferrous steel metal contact in motorcycle engines (rings, cams, gears, etc) going on.
0 x

User avatar
cOoTeR
High Boost
High Boost
Posts: 1133
Joined: Dec 15th, 2017
Location: United States
x 105
x 527

Re: New owner from Texas

Post by cOoTeR » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:43 pm


Ninja H2SX wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:18 pm
cOoTeR wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:58 pm
KevinRLi wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:49 pm
I'm over the 4 k thing.... I'm breaking it in just like any other vehicle I broke in. Don't beat on it, don't ride a at a constant RPM and change the oil at 500 miles and stick in a magnetic oil plug.
I think most of the material tat wears during break in is non magnetic so the magnetic plug may be a waste.
I've always used a magnetic drain plug in every bike, car and truck I've owned. They always catch some stuff, but the amount goes down with miles. Lots of ferrous steel metal contact in motorcycle engines (rings, cams, gears, etc) going on.
I misspoke most of the "big" material that wears during break in is not magnetic. Most of the steel stuff comes off in a fine size that will either settle somewhere in the pan or get picked up by the filter as it flows through. It would have to be a very powerful magnet to suck the metal out of the entire 4.3 quart oil capacity. It doesn't do really anything. If it did anything to save the engine all cars would have them. But they don't because it is unnecessary and an added cost.

Here's a good explanation on my thinking of it.
1 x

Stock with airfilter 164whp 84ft.lbs
De-restricted + tuned 213whp 97ft.lbs
Full vandemon exhaust with tune 221whp 99ft.lbs
On Race Fuel 233whp 103ft.lbs

User avatar
Ninja H2SX
Low Boost
Low Boost
Posts: 123
Joined: Dec 2nd, 2017
Location: WA State
x 30
x 36

Re: New owner from Texas

Post by Ninja H2SX » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:55 pm


cOoTeR wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:43 pm
If it did anything to save the engine all cars would have them. But they don't because it is unnecessary and an added cost.
A lot of bikes and cars do come with magntic drain plugs these days. Heck, my 2000 Hayabusa came with a magnetic drain plug.

I'll always run a magnetic drain plug ... it certainly doesn't hurt, especially in a bike with the transmission (steel gears with HP always going through them) being lubed by the same oil as the engine. And it also gives you an indication if anything bad is going on inside the engine. I also always cut open the oil filters on all my vehicles to check for any potential problems going on.
0 x

Post Reply
meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests