did my first oil change

Bike aesthetic/mechanical/electrical modifications and general wrenching advice.
User avatar
zxninja
Starting Engine
Starting Engine
Posts: 9
Joined: Mar 20th, 2019
Bike(s): 2018 H2 SX SE
x 1

Re: did my first oil change

Post by zxninja » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:43 am


JonTheChron wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:30 am
zxninja wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:25 am
I put 4 litres in mine with new filter and the level is between the two lines. Should I add the .3 litres or is fine?
After you start the bike and let it run, if its still between the lines on a level surface, you will be fine.
Thank you.
0 x

User avatar
KiwiKodi
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Posts: 61
Joined: Feb 4th, 2018
Location: UK
x 31
x 22

Re: did my first oil change

Post by KiwiKodi » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:35 am


vcyclenut wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:37 pm
Very easy!!

you could probably do it without removing any fairings but I had the left side fairing off anyway

same filter as the regular h2

I cleaned my drain pain really well before dropping the oil, I will see if I can find something to strain it today see how much metal is in it

went with motul 300v full synthetic

it takes 4.3 liters with a filter change,. so you will need the 4 liter plus and extra one
Why don’t manufacturers create a 4.5L bottle. Annoying buying the extra! Hey you say 4.3 but workshop manual says 4.7?? I used 4.7 exactly. Site glass reads high - do I need to drain some?
0 x

User avatar
2HYPR
Low Boost
Low Boost
Posts: 175
Joined: Jul 5th, 2018
Location: Shanghai
Bike(s): H2 SX SE
x 94
x 108

Re: did my first oil change

Post by 2HYPR » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:37 am


vcyclenut wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:37 pm
Very easy!!

you could probably do it without removing any fairings but I had the left side fairing off anyway

same filter as the regular h2

I cleaned my drain pain really well before dropping the oil, I will see if I can find something to strain it today see how much metal is in it

went with motul 300v full synthetic

it takes 4.3 liters with a filter change,. so you will need the 4 liter plus and extra one
Last edited by 2HYPR on Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

User avatar
vcyclenut
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!
Posts: 875
Joined: Jan 22nd, 2018
Location: fort myes, florida
x 298
x 653

Re: did my first oil change

Post by vcyclenut » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:59 am


KiwiKodi wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:35 am
vcyclenut wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:37 pm
Very easy!!

you could probably do it without removing any fairings but I had the left side fairing off anyway

same filter as the regular h2

I cleaned my drain pain really well before dropping the oil, I will see if I can find something to strain it today see how much metal is in it

went with motul 300v full synthetic

it takes 4.3 liters with a filter change,. so you will need the 4 liter plus and extra one
Why don’t manufacturers create a 4.5L bottle. Annoying buying the extra! Hey you say 4.3 but workshop manual says 4.7?? I used 4.7 exactly. Site glass reads high - do I need to drain some?
yes if it is above the high level drain some, the bike already pulls a lot of oil into the airbox, overfill will make it worse
1 x

User avatar
vcyclenut
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!
Posts: 875
Joined: Jan 22nd, 2018
Location: fort myes, florida
x 298
x 653

Re: did my first oil change

Post by vcyclenut » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:00 am


2HYPR wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:37 am
vcyclenut wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:37 pm
Very easy!!

you could probably do it without removing any fairings but I had the left side fairing off anyway

same filter as the regular h2

I cleaned my drain pain really well before dropping the oil, I will see if I can find something to strain it today see how much metal is in it

went with motul 300v full synthetic

it takes 4.3 liters with a filter change,. so you will need the 4 liter plus and extra one
I don't know how much they put in at the dealer but when cold it is just above the lower line when of the center stand - when the engine is running the oil disappears completely from the sight glass and has zero oil showing....I don't know if they put a bit less in after the crank breather put a shit ton of oil into the airbox ( to the point the bike was a hybrid - petrol and oil burner). When you talk about metal residue in the oil is some to be expected? Maybe I should start doing mid-service oil changes...ummm
everything your describing is normal, bike puts a ton of oil in to the airbox and I see no way to make a catch can for it
1 x

User avatar
2HYPR
Low Boost
Low Boost
Posts: 175
Joined: Jul 5th, 2018
Location: Shanghai
Bike(s): H2 SX SE
x 94
x 108

Re: did my first oil change

Post by 2HYPR » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:53 pm


vcyclenut wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:00 am
everything your describing is normal, bike puts a ton of oil in to the airbox and I see no way to make a catch can for it
Last edited by 2HYPR on Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

User avatar
vcyclenut
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!
Posts: 875
Joined: Jan 22nd, 2018
Location: fort myes, florida
x 298
x 653

Re: did my first oil change

Post by vcyclenut » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:58 am


2HYPR wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:53 pm
vcyclenut wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:00 am
everything your describing is normal, bike puts a ton of oil in to the airbox and I see no way to make a catch can for it
Thanks mate - re metal residue in the oil that you guys are looking for is some to be expected? What would it be from?
yes, all motors get metal residue in the oil. Just normal wear from parts meshing and spinning together
0 x

Post Reply
meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 35 guests