Rear brake

Bike aesthetic/mechanical/electrical modifications and general wrenching advice.
Champ87
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!
Bike(s): Current bikes: 2018 H2 SX SE, '73 Yamaha RD350, '74 Kawasaki H1E

Re: Rear brake

Post by Champ87 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:55 pm

THOR wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:41 pm
....so if you feel the brakes are really good may be from now on Gp bikes should use this brakes as well, as they are so good to stop 260 kg motorcycle they should be good enough on the track.
THOR - if I use your same crazy logic then I would say "if you want GP brakes, GP suspension, etc. then maybe you should just buy a GP bike".

If you want to change the brakes on your bike then no one will have a problem with that. In fact, we'd be interested to see the work. If you want to share your thoughts and give us an opinion then that's fine - that's how forums work. But remember, others have opinions too.

Earlier you said "I know what I am kind of getting after nearly 16 years of riding". Maybe, but you must also accept that most riders on this forum have much more experience. They choose not to boast about it and let us judge their posts by what they say. If you don't respect their experience then they will definitely not respect yours. We also know what we're getting, so when you posted analysis of the brakes on a bike that you hadn't even ridden you just left us laughing. That is not to say that H2 SX brakes are perfect; each of us has different needs and different opinions. Unfortunately, you present your opinion in a way that suggests you know something we don't. From what you write that is clearly not so.

If you want your brakes to say "Brembo" or your suspension to say "Ohlins" then I see nothing wrong with that - they make some of the best products available. However, fitting those products will be much easier once you actually own an H2 SX. I hope you get one. Maybe then you'll be in a better position to judge whether those changes will give enough "improvement" to justify the cost. I would suggest that you will see much more improvement in performance, enjoyment and safety by improving rider skills - something we can all benefit from regardless of experience.
3 x

Champ87
It's amazing how fast you can go when you take your time.

THOR
Low Boost
Low Boost
Bike(s): Kawasaki H2 SX SE

Post by THOR » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:59 pm

i ridden the bike actually and i just bought it today its coming next week cant wait :D yes i will be sharing my thoughts more , its a forum not all of us can thing the same.
1 x

Champ87
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!
Bike(s): Current bikes: 2018 H2 SX SE, '73 Yamaha RD350, '74 Kawasaki H1E

Post by Champ87 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:17 pm

Congratulations on the new bike
1 x

Champ87
It's amazing how fast you can go when you take your time.

cOoTeR
High Boost
High Boost

Post by cOoTeR » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:29 pm

THOR wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:41 pm
cOoTeR wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:17 am
THOR wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:42 pm
i demo the bike brakes are ok under 60 mph with one person , but when you fully loaded and doing 100mph i wouldn't like to try them :) i would say brakes are from 5 out of 10. rear brake is poor 2 out of 10. you can make this bike easily the best stopping tourer with a few changes.
Having ridden the bike on the track I've used the brakes VERY hard. They perform great. My only issue was originally the rear had no feel but after using it hard on the track I have a much better grasp on the feel of the rear brake. I was often getting on the brakes really hard from well over 140mph and I honestly think the front tire is going to be the limiting factor on braking.

Braking from speeds around 100 mph with a passenger the biggest issue is going to be the rear passengers momentum slamming them into you.
i see what you mean , horses for courses, so if you feel the brakes are really good may be from now on Gp bikes should use this brakes as well, as they are so good to stop 260 kg motorcycle they should be good enough on the track.

anyway as a person regularly do track days i heard enough.

Good luck all with the brakes... :wink:
THOR wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:14 pm
this is the last bike I like to be on track :) sir you are brave.
My issue is you came here posting inaccurate information before you've even ridden the bike. Not everyone is able to get a demo ride before buying the bike, so they may come to a forum such as this to help them decide if they want the bike or not. Your description of the brakes before you even rode the bike makes it seem like they are horrible. Even at this point in time you barely have any actual riding time on the bike and I highly doubt you've pushed these brakes to their full potential. At best you have a first impression of the bike yet you state your opinion like it's a fact. It's very misleading. I doubt you see a measurable difference in the upgraded brakes that will make it worth the money.

I also am a track day rider and amature racer. I've rented tracks out for multiple occasions. I've seen lots of people who spend a lot of time on the track who still know very little about motorcycles and riding them. So just because you have been riding on the track does not make you an expert. I've heard people who have been riding motorcycles for longer than I've been alive brag about all their experience make statements about how they don't use rage front brake. Just because they've been riding for years doesn't mean they've been doing it right. Here it's all opinion I'm just making sure its pointed out when I see one that I feel is bogus.

Also there's conversations like this,
THOR wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:35 pm
cOoTeR wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:12 pm
THOR wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:58 pm
need to be careful when you do such change as you playing with wheelbase and possibly the suspension.
The wheelbase is still going to be within the bikes adjustable limit and if its not you will need to buy a new chain. How does changing a sprocket affect the suspension?
i talk with Dave The suspension guy in LA he said that.
that make me question what you actually know. Warning people against changing sprockets because it changes your wheelbase a slight amount that is still within the factory tolerances.

Everyone has their opinion and priorities on what needs improved on any bike. Some want more comfort some want more power some want better brakes. If your going post your opinion on the internet you should be prepared for differing opinions and criticism.
2 x

Stock with airfilter 164whp 84ft.lbs
De-restricted + tuned 213whp 97ft.lbs
Full vandemon exhaust with tune 221whp 99ft.lbs
On Race Fuel 233whp 103ft.lbs

ghostwriter78
Low Boost
Low Boost

Post by ghostwriter78 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:16 am

Rear brake isn’t performing well, brake pad braking material isn’t gripping well and overheats easy

I’m gonna change the rear cylinder for slightly higher pressure and pads to sinter.

FRONT: wasn’t breaking well, felt a bit unreliable to apply gradual pressure.
Changed pads to ferodo sinter HH and it’s breaking amazing now. Can apply controlled pressure amount I want and if for any reason I need to break harder (unforeseen circumstances) applying more pressure does relate well to harder braking result.

I don’t understand why they ship a race level bike for 18k USD (and here with tax for 35k UsD) with such shitty stock pads.
0 x

Current: H2 SX SE 2018, FZ6 2010, CB1 :D
Sold: R6 2008, 2x CBR650F ('14/'17), CBR500R, CBR250R

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik