Rear brake

Bike aesthetic/mechanical/electrical modifications and general wrenching advice.
User avatar
THOR
Low Boost
Low Boost
Posts: 179
Joined: Jul 23rd, 2018
Location: London
Bike(s): Kawasaki H2 SX SE
x 41
x 34

Re: Rear brake

Post by THOR » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:45 pm


Champ87 wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:10 pm
THOR wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:41 pm
...read a few reviews and the power wasn't there they said,
As you yourself said "feedback is everything" but feedback and stopping power are not the same. Feedback is a personal judgement. Some people like brakes with a lot of initial bite because they feel more powerful - others would call them "grabby". Of course some bikes have brakes that are universally hated but that is not the case with the H2 SX.

If you don't like the feel of the brakes then that's a valid reason for changing to suit your personal needs. Calipers with the name "BREMBO" on them may have a feel that is more suited to your own preference. They may give you a more enjoyable riding experience but they're not going to stop you any quicker. That's because the stopping ability of the H2 SX is limited by the tires not the brakes.
THOR wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:41 pm
ONE WORD - If H2 SX SE brakes that good they should have fitted to H2R don't you think so?
ONE WORD - No
somewhat might agree on placebo effect of Brembo brand, however, you will get better pistons in callipers you will get lighter callipers, and you will get less fade. with a bike this heavy and this much power deserve a respectful brake system. Like zzr1400 and like H2 and like zx10R. That's only my view, and I understand your view too.
0 x

User avatar
cOoTeR
High Boost
High Boost
Posts: 1133
Joined: Dec 15th, 2017
Location: United States
x 105
x 527

Re: Rear brake

Post by cOoTeR » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:01 pm


THOR wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:45 pm
Champ87 wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:10 pm
THOR wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:41 pm
...read a few reviews and the power wasn't there they said,
As you yourself said "feedback is everything" but feedback and stopping power are not the same. Feedback is a personal judgement. Some people like brakes with a lot of initial bite because they feel more powerful - others would call them "grabby". Of course some bikes have brakes that are universally hated but that is not the case with the H2 SX.

If you don't like the feel of the brakes then that's a valid reason for changing to suit your personal needs. Calipers with the name "BREMBO" on them may have a feel that is more suited to your own preference. They may give you a more enjoyable riding experience but they're not going to stop you any quicker. That's because the stopping ability of the H2 SX is limited by the tires not the brakes.
THOR wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:41 pm
ONE WORD - If H2 SX SE brakes that good they should have fitted to H2R don't you think so?
ONE WORD - No
somewhat might agree on placebo effect of Brembo brand, however, you will get better pistons in callipers you will get lighter callipers, and you will get less fade. with a bike this heavy and this much power deserve a respectful brake system. Like zzr1400 and like H2 and like zx10R. That's only my view, and I understand your view too.
Have you tried the brakes on this bike or are you letting someone else tell you what your opinion is of them?
2 x

Stock with airfilter 164whp 84ft.lbs
De-restricted + tuned 213whp 97ft.lbs
Full vandemon exhaust with tune 221whp 99ft.lbs
On Race Fuel 233whp 103ft.lbs

User avatar
THOR
Low Boost
Low Boost
Posts: 179
Joined: Jul 23rd, 2018
Location: London
Bike(s): Kawasaki H2 SX SE
x 41
x 34

Re: Rear brake

Post by THOR » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:06 am


any time i see anything on brakes rather then NISSIN or BREMBO, sometimes TOKITO, I know what I am kind of getting after nearly 16 years of riding . specially if a company write their name on a brake, like harley davidson,Kawasaki,KTM you know they are cutting cost.( excluding BMw, as they are getting manufactured mainly by brembo.) didnt try the bike yet no, used to have zzr14 latest gen, the brakes was good but used to fade 2 up twisty roads.
0 x

User avatar
Champ87
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!
Posts: 614
Joined: Apr 9th, 2018
Location: NW Indiana US
Bike(s): Current bikes: 2018 H2 SX SE, '73 Yamaha RD350, '74 Kawasaki H1E
x 238
x 476

Re: Rear brake

Post by Champ87 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:31 am


THOR wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:06 am
......didnt try the bike yet no, ........
0 x

Champ87
It's amazing how fast you can go when you take your time.

User avatar
Drnick
Accelerating
Accelerating
Posts: 321
Joined: Apr 23rd, 2018
Location: Pompano beach,Florida
Bike(s): Too many to list!
x 8
x 61

Re: Rear brake

Post by Drnick » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:06 pm


I think y’all need bigger feet😜
0 x

Velocitus Eradicus

User avatar
THOR
Low Boost
Low Boost
Posts: 179
Joined: Jul 23rd, 2018
Location: London
Bike(s): Kawasaki H2 SX SE
x 41
x 34

Re: Rear brake

Post by THOR » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:42 pm


i demo the bike brakes are ok under 60 mph with one person , but when you fully loaded and doing 100mph i wouldn't like to try them :) i would say brakes are from 5 out of 10. rear brake is poor 2 out of 10. you can make this bike easily the best stopping tourer with a few changes.
1 x

User avatar
roadczar
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Posts: 63
Joined: Jul 26th, 2018
Location: Chicagoland
Bike(s): H2 SX - non SE
x 22
x 23

Re: Rear brake

Post by roadczar » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:37 am


Sometimes I forget I have a rear brake... :D
0 x

User avatar
cOoTeR
High Boost
High Boost
Posts: 1133
Joined: Dec 15th, 2017
Location: United States
x 105
x 527

Re: Rear brake

Post by cOoTeR » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:17 am


THOR wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:42 pm
i demo the bike brakes are ok under 60 mph with one person , but when you fully loaded and doing 100mph i wouldn't like to try them :) i would say brakes are from 5 out of 10. rear brake is poor 2 out of 10. you can make this bike easily the best stopping tourer with a few changes.
Having ridden the bike on the track I've used the brakes VERY hard. They perform great. My only issue was originally the rear had no feel but after using it hard on the track I have a much better grasp on the feel of the rear brake. I was often getting on the brakes really hard from well over 140mph and I honestly think the front tire is going to be the limiting factor on braking.

Braking from speeds around 100 mph with a passenger the biggest issue is going to be the rear passengers momentum slamming them into you.
2 x

Stock with airfilter 164whp 84ft.lbs
De-restricted + tuned 213whp 97ft.lbs
Full vandemon exhaust with tune 221whp 99ft.lbs
On Race Fuel 233whp 103ft.lbs

User avatar
Champ87
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!
Posts: 614
Joined: Apr 9th, 2018
Location: NW Indiana US
Bike(s): Current bikes: 2018 H2 SX SE, '73 Yamaha RD350, '74 Kawasaki H1E
x 238
x 476

Re: Rear brake

Post by Champ87 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:29 am


cOoTeR wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:17 am
Having ridden the bike on the track I've used the brakes VERY hard. They perform great.
But cOoTeR your experience and knowledge does not stack up against a man who knows so much about brakes that he was able to tell how bad they are without even riding the bike. :yes:

You also have a further disadvantage: since you've actually ridden the bike your opinion is bound to be distorted by fact. How inconvenient!
3 x

Champ87
It's amazing how fast you can go when you take your time.

User avatar
THOR
Low Boost
Low Boost
Posts: 179
Joined: Jul 23rd, 2018
Location: London
Bike(s): Kawasaki H2 SX SE
x 41
x 34

Re: Rear brake

Post by THOR » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:41 pm


cOoTeR wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:17 am
THOR wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:42 pm
i demo the bike brakes are ok under 60 mph with one person , but when you fully loaded and doing 100mph i wouldn't like to try them :) i would say brakes are from 5 out of 10. rear brake is poor 2 out of 10. you can make this bike easily the best stopping tourer with a few changes.
Having ridden the bike on the track I've used the brakes VERY hard. They perform great. My only issue was originally the rear had no feel but after using it hard on the track I have a much better grasp on the feel of the rear brake. I was often getting on the brakes really hard from well over 140mph and I honestly think the front tire is going to be the limiting factor on braking.

Braking from speeds around 100 mph with a passenger the biggest issue is going to be the rear passengers momentum slamming them into you.
i see what you mean , horses for courses, so if you feel the brakes are really good may be from now on Gp bikes should use this brakes as well, as they are so good to stop 260 kg motorcycle they should be good enough on the track.

anyway as a person regularly do track days i heard enough.

Good luck all with the brakes... :wink:
0 x

Post Reply
meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Prof J, turbodave and 42 guests