Flashed by Vcyclenut

Vendors, please post a thread about your H2SX products here.
vcyclenut
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!

Re: Flashed by Vcyclenut

Post by vcyclenut » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:25 pm

I think I'm close with the 100% stock bike

well considering what percentage of the time your going to be exceeding stock hp levels I cant see it affecting it much.

I'm not adding boost, just letting it have a true 100% throttle, removing ignition timing restrictions in the top end, and cleaning up the fueling.

you can see the air fuel ratio is still a nice conservative 11.8:1 up top, I could lean it out to the low 12's and gain some more power but id rather have the cushion
0 x

Champ87
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!
Bike(s): Current bikes: 2018 H2 SX SE, '73 Yamaha RD350, '74 Kawasaki H1E

Post by Champ87 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:27 am

vcyclenut wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:17 pm
I m super excited. You actually can control fueling by mode!!!
vcyclenut wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:35 pm
Im thinking a touring mode, probably very close to stock full power
a cornering mode that smooth throttle response is the key
and release the hounds of hell mode , lol
I like the sound of that – especially if the modes could be switched on-the-go.

Imagine riding around in gas-miser “tourer mode” then, when a sudden, irresistible force grabs you, switching to balls-out, brain-out, flat out, here comes the horizon mode. It’ll feel like a religious experience! :devil:
1 x

Champ87
It's amazing how fast you can go when you take your time.

vcyclenut
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!

Post by vcyclenut » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:40 pm

BoostedOne wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:24 pm
any prediction where you think peak hp and torque will be once you are fully tuned, and the level of reliability might be with said tune.

I'm interested, but I also want a bike I can still put 100,000 miles on.

also this was with the stock redline in place
0 x

vcyclenut
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!

Post by vcyclenut » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:47 pm

Champ87 wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:27 am
vcyclenut wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:17 pm
I m super excited. You actually can control fueling by mode!!!
vcyclenut wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:35 pm
Im thinking a touring mode, probably very close to stock full power
a cornering mode that smooth throttle response is the key
and release the hounds of hell mode , lol
I like the sound of that – especially if the modes could be switched on-the-go.

Imagine riding around in gas-miser “tourer mode” then, when a sudden, irresistible force grabs you, switching to balls-out, brain-out, flat out, here comes the horizon mode. It’ll feel like a religious experience! :devil:

so what ive decided after trying several different throttle maps this weekend

the first version of the flash will be

low power mode- a smooth linear throttle that still has plenty of response with as good or better fuel mileage then stock below 80% throttle, will still make full power at full throttle , think touring

medium power- a smooth linear throttle that is fueled for smooth throttle response, makes full power at full throttle , think for cornering or two up riding. the bike still feels wicked fast

full power- maximum response throttle, no limitations to tame the beast. obviously make full power at full throttle. think straight line racing or just want to feel the maximum available from the bike

this will be for a 100% stock bike, remove ecu send it to me get it back install and enjoy

price will be $250 and it will be available by the end of next week
5 x

Champ87
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!

Post by Champ87 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:09 pm

vcyclenut wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:47 pm
remove ecu send it to me get it back install and enjoy
Does the ECU have to be sent to you? If an owner is using Woolich software is it possible to buy file you have developed and to load to ECU?
1 x

Champ87

vcyclenut
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!

Post by vcyclenut » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:20 pm

The ECU will have to be sent to me,

ill have no way to protect the file if I send it to you
0 x

Champ87
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!

Post by Champ87 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:08 pm

vcyclenut wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:20 pm
The ECU will have to be sent to me, ill have no way to protect the file if I send it to you
Totally understand. I didn't know if the H2 SX ECU had some way to lock the map to a particular ECU.

I asked the question because when I changed the exhaust on my Sprint I downloaded a generic map from Triumph and loaded to the ECU. Simply plug the cable into the OBD connector and it was done in 5 minutes. As you say though, no protection, it was a freely available map posted and shared on the internet.

Only got 200 miles on my SX right now so I've got plenty of riding to do before I want to do any more than adjustments and routine maintenance. Pulling stuff apart and ripping out the ECU is a job for next winter.
Last edited by Champ87 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 x

Champ87

Champ87
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!

Post by Champ87 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:06 pm

In the post above I mentioned that I loaded a new map to the ECU of my Triumph Sprint. I’ll share a bit more info about the dyno work that followed. This is sorta hijacking Vcyclenut’s flash thread but it is relevant to the flash/custom map process.

The map I loaded was specifically for the TOR (Triumph Off Road) exhaust for the same year/model but, obviously, not my actual bike. I never got a baseline dyno reading with stock exhaust but the highly inaccurate butt dyno said the new one with updated fuel map had a little bit more get up and go at higher rpm. I could’ve been happy with that but, unfortunately, there was a bit of a mid-range flat spot that really annoyed me. Also, the bike became a bit of a gas guzzler. I rode down to Alabama to have a custom map produced on the dyno at Power-Tripp.

My bike was on the dyno about 3½ hours during which time it clocked up 93 miles going through the full range of rpm and throttle settings. The maps were adjusted to add fuel to some areas, reduce fuel in others then uploaded for another run, and another, and…. At the end of it all we picked up 3 rwhp at peak and 1 or 2 bhp through most of the rpm range. Doesn’t sound like much but I can tell you the journey home was joy. It was like a new bike - pickup was cleaner, stronger and it ran smoothly all the way up to redline. Flatspot gone.

The information in this thread is very exciting. If an ECU flash will give my SX a lot more power without hurting rideability, reliability or fuel consumption then yes please. But the point of me telling the story is to say there is more to dyno work than just peak numbers. For me, peak horsepower is something I use once-in-a-while. Good engine manners can be enjoyed every time I ride. Maybe Florida isn't so far.
Last edited by Champ87 on Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3 x

Champ87

vcyclenut
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!

Post by vcyclenut » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:57 am

Thanks for sharing.

On this bike your point is even more valid. This is why im spending so much time on the part throttle tuning and throttle maps.

I have a disease that I cant stop modifying things, lol. I have learned over the years that more power is not the end all for fun on a bike. The throttle needs to respond the way it should. The bike needs to be nice to ride and yes I still want silly amounts of power. The h2sx is this stock (except I found the throttle non linear) with the flash it is even more so.

Enhancing a bikes natural strengths while minimizing its weaknesses is what I now try to accomplish when modding a bike and working on a tune.
3 x

vcyclenut
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!

Post by vcyclenut » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:13 pm

lates update raised the redline to 13000 up 500 from stock . found some more hp. Tough to tune as after a few runs heat soak starts to kick in and messes with the numbers. I think I'm one more session from wrapping up the stock bike dyno tune

my first stock run I didn't have the tach lead hooked up so I flashed it back to stock for a back to back comparison. the results are pretty shocking.

remember the bike is still 100% stock, nothing between the 2 runs but the flash!!

Street tuning is coming along great.

all modes make the same power at full throttle

low power mode- touring mode- maximizes fuel mileage without neutering the bike. feels great just not quite as smooth on and off throttle as medium mode

medium mode - sport riding mode- great response, linear throttle, super smooth transition from closed throttle to open throttle

full power mode- maximum resposne- as agressive as the bike will get. Still very controllable. just minumim inputs to make rediculous speed
1 x

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik