Diagnostic port / logging

Bike aesthetic/mechanical/electrical modifications and general wrenching advice.
ghostwriter78
Low Boost
Low Boost

Diagnostic port / logging

Post by ghostwriter78 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:50 am

The diagnostic port is conveniently placed under passenger seat, and the compartment has some space for a few devices there.

Is there any tool that can log data from ECU/IMU over that port? Or anything that could be built DIY.

I would like to log data
- IMU readings
- throttle
- boost
- consumption
- brake
- clutch
and perhaps add GPS into that mix.
1 x

Current: H2 SX SE 2018, FZ6 2010, CB1 :D
Sold: R6 2008, 2x CBR650F ('14/'17), CBR500R, CBR250R

kman0066
Accelerating
Accelerating

Re: Diagnostic port / logging

Post by kman0066 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:27 pm

Hmm, I've used a AIM Solo DL on my zx-10r that data logged all the normal stuff. I've not heard of logging the IMU data, but it did log wheel speed sensors for info like slip and the GPS signal and internal gyros on the logger could be used for things like Lean angle.

The problem is, is that someone has to read the CAN protocol for this particular bike and then setup a matching channel setup on the logger to read each of the channels and translate them into human readable data. It's not very hard at all to do, but I believe it would require someone from AIM to do. And they put their focus on road racing, not street bikes. For instance, they only did the zx-10r race ECU and not the standard ecu.

Could see what all gets logged with the Woolich setup, maybe they could offer more. For GPS though, a GPS data logger like the AIM unit are nice.
1 x

WR-NA
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Bike(s): 2009 ZX6R (Race), 2011 ZX10R, 2016 ZX10R, 2017 Z125 Pro, 2018 Ninja 400 (Race), 2019 H2, 2020 Z H2

Post by WR-NA » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:31 pm

Hunting CAN manually can be a major PITA. Especially trying to find every parameter from clutch in/out, to IMU orientation/data, brake, etc, etc.

LUCKILY, most new bikes work inline with typical auto scanners. So, haven't tested this, but you could in theory use the Woolich Type 2 KDS to OBD adapter cable to give your self a OBD plug, from there, you could run it to a wireless OBD scanner like an OBDLink and then connect to it via wifi or bluetooth and display that data on a smart phone using an app like "Torque".

I know for certain on the ZX-10R I can hook into my OBD cable and connect to my scanner and get a few different live time parameters displayed on my scan tools.

As for what is tracked in Woolich, I am assuming the basics like RPM, TPS, ETV, IAP, AFR, Engine coolant temp, inlet temp, gear, atmospheric pressure, manifold pressure, clutch and front and rear wheel speed. The more we add to tracked parameters the more it slows down our data rate which we sample data at. So we try to find a good balance of what is needed. We can always look for other items and try to add them if it won't effect the data acquisition rate.
1 x

Stuby
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged
Bike(s): H2 SX SE

Post by Stuby » Wed May 09, 2018 10:22 pm

Hi,

does anyone knows about this product: Healtech OBD Tool Kawasaki ?

https://www.healtech-electronics.com/products/obd/

https://www.tech2roo.com/boitiers-diagn ... asaki.html

Regards
Stuby
0 x

Stuby
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged

Post by Stuby » Thu May 10, 2018 11:04 am

Stuby wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 10:22 pm
Hi,

does anyone knows about this product: Healtech OBD Tool Kawasaki ?

https://www.healtech-electronics.com/products/obd/

https://www.tech2roo.com/boitiers-diagn ... asaki.html

Regards
Stuby
HEALTECH explain that this product is not compatible to our H2 SX at time

Stuby.
0 x

vcyclenut
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!

Post by vcyclenut » Thu May 10, 2018 11:54 am

woolich makes a log box that data logs a lot of what your looking for, I use it all the time for part throttle tuning

I don't believe it logs consumption, gas and brake pressures or the IMU

it deff does log throttle position, boost, air fuel ( with a wide band connected), rpm, temp

I can take a screen shot next time for you if you like or maybe Anthony will respond with everything its capable of
0 x

cOoTeR
High Boost
High Boost

Post by cOoTeR » Thu May 10, 2018 1:45 pm

vcyclenut wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 11:54 am
woolich makes a log box that data logs a lot of what your looking for, I use it all the time for part throttle tuning

it deff does log throttle position, boost, air fuel ( with a wide band connected), rpm, temp

I can take a screen shot next time for you if you like or maybe Anthony will respond with everything its capable of
Does it say how much boost (in psi)the bike is running at redline?
0 x

Stock with airfilter 164whp 84ft.lbs
De-restricted + tuned 213whp 97ft.lbs
Full vandemon exhaust with tune 221whp 99ft.lbs
On Race Fuel 233whp 103ft.lbs

vcyclenut
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!

Post by vcyclenut » Thu May 10, 2018 2:45 pm

it didn't have it in lbs, I forget exactly how it was listed by I came to the conclusion it was 200% of atmosphere, or around 15 lbs of boost

at first I thought 30 but there is no way it makes more then the stock h2 and if you think about it 100% atmosphere is zero
0 x

Stuby
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged

Post by Stuby » Thu May 10, 2018 10:19 pm

vcyclenut wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 11:54 am

Hi vcyclenut :)

Sure I 'm interesting for some screenshots If is it possible. I'm reading about woolich products but I don't realy understand what the USB M V3 and the Log Box pro V3 can do... So if Antony could give me some clearance about this ... :cool:

Thanks a lot
Regards
Stuby
0 x

cOoTeR
High Boost
High Boost

Post by cOoTeR » Thu May 10, 2018 11:25 pm

vcyclenut wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 2:45 pm
it didn't have it in lbs, I forget exactly how it was listed by I came to the conclusion it was 200% of atmosphere, or around 15 lbs of boost

at first I thought 30 but there is no way it makes more then the stock h2 and if you think about it 100% atmosphere is zero
When they were running my bike on the dyno in pretty sure I saw 220% on the display I know for sure I saw 211%. I don't know if that's an accurate measurement or not. But that would put the bike around 16-17.5 psi (If atmosphere is 14.7). I was just curious if the logging system would say for sure.
1 x

Stock with airfilter 164whp 84ft.lbs
De-restricted + tuned 213whp 97ft.lbs
Full vandemon exhaust with tune 221whp 99ft.lbs
On Race Fuel 233whp 103ft.lbs

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik