Woolich Racing ECU Tuning Products for the H2SX

Vendors, please post a thread about your H2SX products here.
ghostwriter78
Low Boost
Low Boost

Re: Woolich Racing ECU Tuning Products for the H2SX

Post by ghostwriter78 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:53 pm

Will there be a option to configure KQS? For now its useless since it expects the driver to fully close throttle when downshifting....
0 x

Current: H2 SX SE 2018, FZ6 2010, CB1 :D
Sold: R6 2008, 2x CBR650F ('14/'17), CBR500R, CBR250R

Barrel
Pressure Building
Pressure Building

Post by Barrel » Fri May 11, 2018 5:02 pm

ghostwriter78 wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:53 pm
Will there be a option to configure KQS? For now its useless since it expects the driver to fully close throttle when downshifting....
Indeed it (KQS) is useless as is. Would love to reprogram it and a few other bits. Don't need more power but there are some areas I would to improve.
1 x

Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive
- Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: Robert M. Pirsig

Champ87
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!
Bike(s): Current bikes: 2018 H2 SX SE, '73 Yamaha RD350, '74 Kawasaki H1E

Post by Champ87 » Fri May 11, 2018 6:12 pm

ghostwriter78 wrote:
I downloaded the Woolwich software and BIN file definitions for H2 SX. I see no option to reconfigure quickshifter. Maybe that's something that will be added in future.
1 x

Champ87
It's amazing how fast you can go when you take your time.

WR-NA
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Bike(s): 2009 ZX6R (Race), 2011 ZX10R, 2016 ZX10R, 2017 Z125 Pro, 2018 Ninja 400 (Race), 2019 H2, 2020 Z H2

Post by WR-NA » Sat May 12, 2018 2:02 am

ghostwriter78 wrote:
This is how all auto blip downshifters configured through the OEM ECU are. No way around it. My 16 ZX-10R is set up this way and it works flawlessly. Being on the throttle and instantly going down a gear is something that will not happen. There are more things against doing it that way than there are going for it.

Custom reprogramming of the blip, quickshifter, launch control, warm up, etc? That will happen in the future when the development schedule clears up.
0 x

cOoTeR
High Boost
High Boost

Post by cOoTeR » Sat May 12, 2018 2:29 am

WR-NA wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 2:02 am
ghostwriter78 wrote:
This is how all auto blip downshifters configured through the OEM ECU are. No way around it. My 16 ZX-10R is set up this way and it works flawlessly. Being on the throttle and instantly going down a gear is something that will not happen. There are more things against doing it that way than there are going for it.

Custom reprogramming of the blip, quickshifter, launch control, warm up, etc? That will happen in the future when the development schedule clears up.
I have been trying to figure out why people on here think that there is a need to downshift with the throttle open but they basically say the quick shifter doesn't work. I have no idea why anyone thinks that it is necessary to down shift with the throttle open. I can't think of any vehicle where that is a good idea.
1 x

Stock with airfilter 164whp 84ft.lbs
De-restricted + tuned 213whp 97ft.lbs
Full vandemon exhaust with tune 221whp 99ft.lbs
On Race Fuel 233whp 103ft.lbs

Barrel
Pressure Building
Pressure Building

Post by Barrel » Sat May 12, 2018 10:51 am

cOoTeR wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 2:29 am

I have been trying to figure out why people on here think that there is a need to downshift with the throttle open but they basically say the quick shifter doesn't work. I have no idea why anyone thinks that it is necessary to down shift with the throttle open. I can't think of any vehicle where that is a good idea.
I agree that there are arguably more times a closed throttle is good. Especially on track or sports road riding but for me a common example would be:...
You come around an uphill bend, slow vehicle ahead and you want or need to change down a gear to prepare a quick overtake before next bend. Shutting throttle now reduces speed, reduces revs, engine power and its inertia, pitches bike forward putting weight off the back wheel. BUT this is the very moment you want more speed, more revs power and the weight on the back wheel as the power arrives or I've lost the overtake until next opportunity. In these circumstances, I would much prefer engine momentum (inertia) kept high, revs high and bike maintaining slight rear weight balance while shifting down the gear.

I turned the QS off a while ago and while I have retried it again a few times. It stays off during regular road riding and as with all my recent bikes I simply dont use the clutch when out of town, just preload the gear lever up or down and change gear with the throttle position. :)
1 x

Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive
- Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: Robert M. Pirsig

cOoTeR
High Boost
High Boost

Post by cOoTeR » Sat May 12, 2018 11:12 am

Barrel wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 10:51 am
cOoTeR wrote:

I agree that there are arguably more times a closed throttle is good. Especially on track or sports road riding but for me a common example would be:...
You come around an uphill bend, slow vehicle ahead and you want or need to change down a gear to prepare a quick overtake before next bend. Shutting throttle now reduces speed, reduces revs, engine power and its inertia, pitches bike forward putting weight off the back wheel. BUT this is the very moment you want more speed, more revs power and the weight on the back wheel as the power arrives or I've lost the overtake until next opportunity. In these circumstances, I would much prefer engine momentum (inertia) kept high, revs high and bike maintaining slight rear weight balance while shifting down the gear.

I turned the QS off a while ago and while I have retried it again a few times. It stays off during regular road riding and as with all my recent bikes I simply dont use the clutch when out of town, just preload the gear lever up or down and change gear with the throttle position. :)
If you need more revs you need to go down 2 gears or more until you have your desired revs. There is not a vehicle in the world that will do a clutchless down shift with the throttle open without damaging the drivetrain.

So you turned the quick shifter off and shift without it because you can down shift faster by only closing the throttle slightly instead of fully? It takes less than a second to go down 3 gears by using the quick shifter. If a second is too much for you to able to pass a car with a 200hp bike you don't have enough room to pass anyways.

You are trying to use a system in a way it is not designed to be used. It is not designed to be used that way because it NEVER makes sense to clutchless down shift with the throttle open. That's why there are no systems to do that no one will buy it.
0 x

Stock with airfilter 164whp 84ft.lbs
De-restricted + tuned 213whp 97ft.lbs
Full vandemon exhaust with tune 221whp 99ft.lbs
On Race Fuel 233whp 103ft.lbs

ghostwriter78
Low Boost
Low Boost

Post by ghostwriter78 » Mon May 14, 2018 1:25 am

cOoTeR wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 11:12 am
Barrel wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 10:51 am
cOoTeR wrote:

If you need more revs you need to go down 2 gears or more until you have your desired revs. There is not a vehicle in the world that will do a clutchless down shift with the throttle open without damaging the drivetrain.

So you turned the quick shifter off and shift without it because you can down shift faster by only closing the throttle slightly instead of fully? It takes less than a second to go down 3 gears by using the quick shifter. If a second is too much for you to able to pass a car with a 200hp bike you don't have enough room to pass anyways.

You are trying to use a system in a way it is not designed to be used. It is not designed to be used that way because it NEVER makes sense to clutchless down shift with the throttle open. That's why there are no systems to do that no one will buy it.
Something is missing in your explanation, this bike is supposed to cut off engine during shifting so there is NO load on the drivetrain :) right?
0 x

Current: H2 SX SE 2018, FZ6 2010, CB1 :D
Sold: R6 2008, 2x CBR650F ('14/'17), CBR500R, CBR250R

THOR
Low Boost
Low Boost
Bike(s): Kawasaki H2 SX SE

Post by THOR » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:30 pm

So do you have the quick shifter for Sx or not ?
0 x

WR-NA
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Bike(s): 2009 ZX6R (Race), 2011 ZX10R, 2016 ZX10R, 2017 Z125 Pro, 2018 Ninja 400 (Race), 2019 H2, 2020 Z H2

Post by WR-NA » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:07 am

THOR wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:30 pm
So do you have the quick shifter for Sx or not ?
Not at this time, no. Since one guy does all the hardware/software design they have to be selective about what they work on. Demand drives development. There hasn't been any real demand for the auto blip, launch control, engine warm up or pit limiter so they haven't been put on the schedule yet. Additionally they will need a test bike to ensure they can design the hardware and software.

I will ask though for you to see if it is something they can do quickly as they have their hands full at the moment.

Anthony
0 x

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik