Woolich Racing ECU Tuning Products for the H2SX

Vendors, please post a thread about your H2SX products here.
WR-NA
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Bike(s): 2009 ZX6R (Race), 2011 ZX10R, 2016 ZX10R, 2017 Z125 Pro, 2018 Ninja 400 (Race), 2019 H2, 2020 Z H2

Woolich Racing ECU Tuning Products for the H2SX

Post by WR-NA » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:26 pm

Hello! Based on Admin's suggestions, he was worried about the previous info post made regarding ECU tuning getting covered up so he suggested posting it here, which I am now doing since I have a few minutes of free time.

Woolich Racing has unlocked and released products for the H2 SX. We carry a myriad of products but at the core of it are our two different tuning interfaces. All of our products available are shown here: http://www.woolichracing.com/products/k ... oductTable

Interface Kits

The first would be the USB M v3
This is our basic manual tuning solution that you plug into the bike to make changes. The USB M v3 offers:
On bike tuning for all avaialable parameters (fuel, timing, ETV, etc)
Live engine data access for on the dyno tuning and troubleshooting
Access to on board diagnostics to view, interpret and clear service codes all in the software

The USB M v3 is a small compact package that measures 63mm long by 34mm wide and 21mm tall. It has a mini USB connector for communication to the PC loaded with our WRT software package and an 8 pin molex connector that connect to the easily installed Type 17 Kawasaki Bike Harness. This bike harness is what allows users (and tuners) to tune the ECU without having to pull it with each subsequent write to the ECU.

Here is an over-simplified version of the setup:
You have your PC running the WRT software which then connects to the interface. The interface then connects to the on bike flashing harness installed on the bike. Anytime you want to make a change, simply connect the interface to that harness in the tail, make your changes and disconnect the USB M v3 interface.

The complete USB M v3 kit retails at $399 and comes with (1) USB M v3 tuning interface, (1) USB cable, (1) Kawasaki Type 17 Bike Harness and (1) ECU tuning license good for one individual ECU.

The next kit would be the Log Box M v3.
This does everything the USB M v3 does, and more. It changes out the interface for a different one, one that has an input for the included wideband O2 sensor and on board storage for holding up to 16GB of data logs. Additionally we can combine the two and do full on auto tuning. In addition to that one can also use the Data Viewer Live and Auto Tune Live to really extract the most out of the bike.

The Log Box M v3 is slightly larger than the USB M v3 coming in at 81mm long, 37mm wide and 25mm high. It also has a mini USB connector for communication to the PC loaded with our WRT software package and 8 pin molex connector that connects to the on bike flashing harness. Additionally it has an RJ11 data port that is connected to the included Zeitronix ZT3 Wideband O2 sensor that uses a Bosch LSU 4.9 O2 sensor. This data port is what gets the AFR data back to our system for both live engine data, data logging, Auto Tune Live and Data Viewer Live. The wideband O2 sensor is an industry standard M18x1.5 thead/pitch and will install in any typical aftermarket pipe with a wideband O2 bung. If it doesn't have one we do include a wideband bung for you to be welded on. The install for the ZT3 wideband is plug and play on this model as we are powering the ZT3 unit from the bike via a quick connect to the OEM wiring loom. This is the be all end all solution.

Additionally we have gauges that need no power cables as they are powered by the ZT3 box so single click install. These are 100% optional and not needed if you don't want them.
You have the ZR3 which is a basic one and will give you a current read of your AFR value. Available in red or blue LEDs.

The next gauge would be the ZR-1 and gives you a dot read out as well as the option of displaying either AFR or lambda on the digit readout. Again, available in blue or red LED:
ZR-1_blue_BlackBezel-250.gif
ZR-1_blue_BlackBezel-250.gif (22.04 KiB) Viewed 4106 times
Finally we have the Hacker/Tweaker LCD that displays AFR values, but lets you do a custom mount, mounting it somewhere in view, but in a slim/hidden fashion:

Here is an oversimplified look at the Log Box M v3 installation:
Overall the installation is still the same concept as the USB M v3 kit - only difference is, is there is now a wideband O2 on the bike to feed the system AFR data. You can then pair that with an optional AFR gauge - if you so desire as it's 100% optional. So you can either hook up to the box on the bike while on the dyno tuning using manual tuning or the Auto Tune Live feature. Or you can leave the box on the bike hooked up and in the background it will accrue data to be applied via the auto tune screen.

The complete Log Box M v3 kit retails at $720 and comes with (1) Log Box M v3 tuning interface, (1) USB Cable, (1) Kawasaki Type 17 Bike Harness, (1) ECU tuning license good for one individual ECU, (1) Zeitronix ZT3 Wideband /w Bosch LSU 4.9 sensor and (1) Kawasaki ZT3 Install Kit.

Race Tools

From there we have our race tools package which we will release shortly as well. Race Tools is our answer to what bikes should've come from the factory to include quickshifter, auto blipper (if OEM hardware supports it), launch control, pit lane limiter and engine warm up (if OEM hardware supports it).

On the H2 SX SE we don't have to worry about this as the bike does come with some of these features, but they are not configurable like they are with our kit, additionally, if they reused the same strain gauge sensor from the 16+ ZX-10R, some may find performance lacking. I'm not too sure how it will be handled for the H2 SX SE but it will probably be similar to the ZX-10R where we offer a full kit including a replacement sensor at one price and then a lower priced software only version where it can be used with the OEM sensor but our software controlling/adjusting everything. More to come there on availability, pricing, options. For the H2 SX, since it doesn't have any of those options I believe the only kit offered will be the full hardware kit.
Quickshifter Highlights:
Adjustable shift sensor sensitivity
Works in GP or STD shift
Adjustable parameter for shift delay between shifts
Adjustable parameter for minimum activation RPM
Adjustable kill times for gear, RPM and TPS (3D mappable)

Autoblipper Highlights:
Adjustable activation pressure
Adjustable parameter for shift delay between shifts
Adjustable parameter for minimum activation RPM
Adjustable throttle blip by gear and RPM
Adjustable RPM blip target by gear and RPM

Launch Control Highlights:
Adjustable activation delay - how long you pull and hold the clutch in before it becomes active
Adjustable launch RPM
Adjustable release speed - speed at which the system then lets you accelerate at full go
Hold Time - adjustable time delay where once the throttle is let out where it will accelerate but hold the launch RPM
Ramp Time - adjustable parameter to program how long you want launch control to function (also disables once clicked into 2nd gear)
Maximum Ramp RPM - adjustable parameter to cut off launch control from functioning once an RPM threshold has been reached
(Launch control also works 10% seamlessly with the OEM rider aids, just as the OEM launch control does)

Pit Speed Limiter Highlight:
Allows the bike to have a limiter in place so a speed cannot be exceeded. Typically used in racing and track day scenarios where there is a speed limit in place in the hot pits for saftey concerns
Pit speed limiter function is controlled via included button that is installed on the bike. When the button is depressed the limiter function is active but only in 2nd gear.

Engine Warm Up Highlights:
Max Coolant Temp - adjustable cut off for when the desired coolant temp has been reached
Strength - adjustable parameter for the strength of the automated throttle blip
Max RPM - adjustable parameter for the max RPM the bike is allowed to go to on an automated throttle blip
Open time - adjustable parameter for the amount of time the throttle is held open automatically
Close time - adjustable parameter for the amount of time the throttle is closed before the next automatic blip of the throttle
Engine warm up is controlled via the same switch for the pit speed limiter function but is only active in neutral and while the engine warm up protocol is running - once the max coolant temp has been reached, the system automatically disables itself.

I will continue to update this thread with photos and explanations when I can as well as answer any questions about only Woolich Racing products and offerings.

Thanks!
-Anthony
Last edited by WR-NA on Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
8 x

vcyclenut
Pressure Critical
Pressure Critical

Re: Woolich Racing ECU Tuning Products

Post by vcyclenut » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:27 pm

They make great products and offer great customer service
0 x

kman0066
Accelerating
Accelerating

Post by kman0066 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:36 pm

Awesome, as soon as I can get my bike, should be ordering a setup from you.
1 x

vcyclenut
Pressure Critical
Pressure Critical

Post by vcyclenut » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:41 pm

I highly recommend the log box, makes partial throttle tuning possible while actually riding the bike on the road possible without plugging through tons of data logging
1 x

WR-NA
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Bike(s): 2009 ZX6R (Race), 2011 ZX10R, 2016 ZX10R, 2017 Z125 Pro, 2018 Ninja 400 (Race), 2019 H2, 2020 Z H2

Re: Woolich Racing ECU Tuning Products for the H2SX

Post by WR-NA » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:56 pm

At the bottom of the products page, you'll find products/items that are extra add ons that you can purchase if you so desire. This is more meant for the tuning shops out there that tune multiple bikes and only need to order a small extension harness to tune a bike or the definition/license to do it. But single use customers can also purchase these products if for example they want to tune a friends bike for their friend or something of that nature.

Harnesses Section:
Kawasaki Harness Type 17:
Complete two piece harness set to tune a bike. (This is included in both of the kits at the top of the page). This will include the Type 17 Main Harness and the Type 17 Extension Harness
Type 17 Main Harness:
Type 17 Extension Harness (if tuning multiple bikes)

Kawasaki Bench Harness Type 13:
This is used to write to the ECU directly by removing it for each write. Additionally, this same bench harness will also work on the 15+ Ninja H2/H2-R and the 16+ ZX-10R, ZX-10RR and ZX-10RR SE.
Kawasaki Extension Harness Type 17: This is the smaller, extension harness that is typically purchased by shops tuning additional bikes.

Bin File Definitions - for use in Woolich Racing Tuned software Section:
2018-2019 Kawasaki H2 SX Bin File Definition: This is the tuning license used on your specific ECU. This is included in the tuning kits at the top of the page. This is more for if a shop is tuning a bike or you want to tune a friends bike for them.

Motorcycle Diagnostics - ODB2 Section:
OBD2 Diagnostics Scanner (Basic): This is an OBD2 Scanner that we have tested and verified to work on this model to view and clear service codes with. You can try using your own, but during testing we have found some to work better than others while some don't work period - hence us offering one that we know works for sure. Must be paired with the OBD2 Harness for this bike:
Kawasaki OBD2 Harness Type 2:
This is the harness that connects to the on bike diagnostics connector and then the OBD2 scanner to view/clear service codes. (Works on Kawasaki models with the 6 pin diagnostic connector)
-NOTE- Both products can be used on a stock, not flashed ECU or a flashed ECU. These are offered for people or tuners using bench harnesses to tune but still want to be able to view and clear codes.
0 x

cOoTeR
Supercharged!
Supercharged!

Post by cOoTeR » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:36 pm

I'm having a shop derestrict and tune my bike SX SE on a dyno. If I decide later on to add warm up mode, pit lane limiter, and or qs adjustments am I able to do that myself if I buy a harness or would I need to take it to them?
0 x

Stock with airfilter 164whp 84ft.lbs
De-restricted + tuned 213whp 97ft.lbs
Full vandemon exhaust with tune 221whp 99ft.lbs
On Race Fuel 233whp 103ft.lbs

WR-NA
Pressure Building
Pressure Building

Post by WR-NA » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:18 pm

cOoTeR wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:36 pm
I'm having a shop derestrict and tune my bike SX SE on a dyno. If I decide later on to add warm up mode, pit lane limiter, and or qs adjustments am I able to do that myself if I buy a harness or would I need to take it to them?
You would have two options:
1) Purchase your own kit along with race tools and then you can add/do that yourself any time you want, whenever you want how ever many times you want
2) Take it to them, they can do it for you but anytime you need a change you have to take it back to them
0 x

cOoTeR
Supercharged!
Supercharged!

Post by cOoTeR » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:31 pm

What would I need to order to have warm up mode and pit lane limiter and take to them?
0 x

Stock with airfilter 164whp 84ft.lbs
De-restricted + tuned 213whp 97ft.lbs
Full vandemon exhaust with tune 221whp 99ft.lbs
On Race Fuel 233whp 103ft.lbs

WR-NA
Pressure Building
Pressure Building

Post by WR-NA » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:56 pm

cOoTeR wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:31 pm
What would I need to order to have warm up mode and pit lane limiter and take to them?
The race tools kit and pit limiter/engine warm up switch.
0 x

WR-NA
Pressure Building
Pressure Building

Post by WR-NA » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:54 pm

WR-NA wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:56 pm
cOoTeR wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:31 pm
The race tools kit and pit limiter/engine warm up switch.

OR if Justin implements it like he did on the ZX-10R since it was a bi-directional switch and has a "key only" option allowing users to run the OEM sensor, then just the race tools key.
0 x

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik