Break-In as defined by Kawaski!?!

Bike aesthetic/mechanical/electrical modifications and general wrenching advice.
Ninja H2SX
Low Boost
Low Boost

Re: Break-In as defined by Kawaski!?!

Post by Ninja H2SX » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:14 am

Extreme lean over spark generators. :eek: :D
0 x

cOoTeR
Supercharged!
Supercharged!

Post by cOoTeR » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:14 am

My first track day years ago I was riding my cbr 1000rr and had a low side. After the low side the instructor came over and looked at my bike and saw I still had the "feelers" on. The instructor said if they had noticed I still had them on they would have told me to take them off. He said they call them feelers because because you feel them hitting the ground right before they catch something and cause you to crash. Ever since then I've been taking them off without any issues. But they are there to warn you before you reach the edge of the tire.

Check your tire to see how close you are to the edge before taking them off. Maybe stiffen up the rear shock.
1 x

Stock with airfilter 164whp 84ft.lbs
De-restricted + tuned 213whp 97ft.lbs
Full vandemon exhaust with tune 221whp 99ft.lbs
On Race Fuel 233whp 103ft.lbs

EvilSteve
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged

Post by EvilSteve » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:32 am

I always thought they were there to stop you touching down hard parts (and I've always removed them as well).
0 x

Fred
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Bike(s): H2SX

Post by Fred » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:27 am

4.000 rpm is very low indeed. I can't imagine that during acceleration i would harm the engine when i shift at let's say 5.000 rpm.
Futher, is it OK to brak-in the passenger or better do it on solo rides.
0 x

MadeInJapan
Pressure Building
Pressure Building

Post by MadeInJapan » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:55 am

cOoTeR wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:14 am
My first track day years ago I was riding my cbr 1000rr and had a low side. After the low side the instructor came over and looked at my bike and saw I still had the "feelers" on. The instructor said if they had noticed I still had them on they would have told me to take them off. He said they call them feelers because because you feel them hitting the ground right before they catch something and cause you to crash. Ever since then I've been taking them off without any issues. But they are there to warn you before you reach the edge of the tire.

Check your tire to see how close you are to the edge before taking them off. Maybe stiffen up the rear shock.
I have no chicken strips left on my rear, front has about 3mm left on both sides. If it's there to let me know I'm on edge of my tire, may be better for me to keep them on for a while til I'm more used to this bike.
0 x

cOoTeR
Supercharged!
Supercharged!

Post by cOoTeR » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:58 pm

MadeInJapan wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:55 am
cOoTeR wrote:

I have no chicken strips left on my rear, front has about 3mm left on both sides. If it's there to let me know I'm on edge of my tire, may be better for me to keep them on for a while til I'm more used to this bike.
Try stiffening up the rear shock. A lot of the reviewers complained about hitting those and said adjusting the suspension helped a lot.
2 x

Stock with airfilter 164whp 84ft.lbs
De-restricted + tuned 213whp 97ft.lbs
Full vandemon exhaust with tune 221whp 99ft.lbs
On Race Fuel 233whp 103ft.lbs

ghostwriter78
Low Boost
Low Boost

Post by ghostwriter78 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:29 am

Fred wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:27 am
4.000 rpm is very low indeed. I can't imagine that during acceleration i would harm the engine when i shift at let's say 5.000 rpm.
Futher, is it OK to brak-in the passenger or better do it on solo rides.
- No passenger during break in. At least not in first 1000km.
- Stick to 4000rpm Max for the prescribed 800km. Set shifter light to 4000rpm to warn you. Use KTRC3 and powerL mode to help you. Start with easy acceleration and gradually move more up/down. Later around 400km going a bit over 4000 won’t be terrible but avoid as much as you can.
- the rpm limit is NOT for the engine but for the supercharger. As it rotates 9.2x the crank rpm. Supercharger is sealed and built at tight tolerances. So yeah it needs that time to adjust.
1 x

Current: H2 SX SE 2018, FZ6 2010, CB1 :D
Sold: R6 2008, 2x CBR650F ('14/'17), CBR500R, CBR250R

ghostwriter78
Low Boost
Low Boost

Post by ghostwriter78 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:31 am

Ask someone who has knowledge about suspension ratings and setup to help you adjust preload, compression and rebound for your weight. You will need it for this bike. Feel free to make it a tad stiffer BECAUSE the rear shock has HUGE travel.
1 x

ghostwriter78
Low Boost
Low Boost

Post by ghostwriter78 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:32 am

MadeInJapan wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:55 am
cOoTeR wrote:

You drive with stock tires? You must be a great rider if you got rid of chicken strips already. ;)
1 x

MadeInJapan
Pressure Building
Pressure Building

Post by MadeInJapan » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:17 pm

I'll ask owner of the shop where I bought this bike from, he has extensive knowledge of Kawasaki bikes so he should be able to help me adjust it. I think I need to go see him soon because I just scraped right foot peg again today. So scary when that happens xD

When supercharger boost go up on lower gears, I can feel the front tire keep wanting to lift up without even trying to wheelie. I have to respect the power of this bike
1 x

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik