Wil changes make much difference?

Discuss the new naked H2.
Steve Smith
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Bike(s): Z H2 ,Ninja ZX12R, Honda XX

Wil changes make much difference?

Post by Steve Smith » Sat May 23, 2020 11:13 pm

Finished making some changes today for tomorrow's ride with my buddy who own's a 2005 ZX 10R. Started by installing the 19 tooth counter shaft sprocket I ordered from Brock's Performance. The stock gearing is WAY too low, so I went up one tooth up front. This should pretty much act like there is 3 less out back . I also raised the fork tubes exactly 1 inch to additionally help me avoid wheelies under hard acceleration 1-3rd gears.
Lastly I installed the factory optional gel (comfort) seat. Then made traction control set at #1.
I'll give my report after tomorrow's ride. Usually ride at least 75+ miles .

Steve
0 x

Icancin2u2
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Bike(s): 2020 Kawasaki Z H2

Re: Wil changes make much difference?

Post by Icancin2u2 » Sun May 24, 2020 7:38 am

Steve Smith wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 11:13 pm
Finished making some changes today for tomorrow's ride with my buddy who own's a 2005 ZX 10R. Started by installing the 19 tooth counter shaft sprocket I ordered from Brock's Performance. The stock gearing is WAY too low, so I went up one tooth up front. This should pretty much act like there is 3 less out back . I also raised the fork tubes exactly 1 inch to additionally help me avoid wheelies under hard acceleration 1-3rd gears.
Lastly I installed the factory optional gel (comfort) seat. Then made traction control set at #1.
I'll give my report after tomorrow's ride. Usually ride at least 75+ miles .

Steve
Curious how you get on with the gearing change. It would be cool to understand how your setup vs my setup felt. I think the comfort seat is ok (ish). Haven't even considered lowering the front, but not sure I would want to. But, let us know your thoughts!!
0 x

Steve Smith
Pressure Building
Pressure Building

Post by Steve Smith » Sun May 24, 2020 10:08 pm

First off, I feel the gel seat is noticeably easier on my butt than the stock unit. As with a lot of Kawasaki accessories it is overly pricey. It does sit you up about an extra inch which is a bit of a negative aspect. I intend to remove some foam from the stock seat to use for drag racing.
The one tooth larger counter shaft sprocket basically lowers the 46 rear sprocket to 43 teeth. Lower front end, taller gearing and traction control (set at #1), helped quite a bit with this bike turning into a uni-cycle. And, this thing STILL accelerates stronger than any of the other 50 bikes I've owned. Damn!
0 x

Icancin2u2
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Bike(s): 2020 Kawasaki Z H2

Post by Icancin2u2 » Mon May 25, 2020 3:21 pm

Steve Smith wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 10:08 pm
First off, I feel the gel seat is noticeably easier on my butt than the stock unit. As with a lot of Kawasaki accessories it is overly pricey. It does sit you up about an extra inch which is a bit of a negative aspect. I intend to remove some foam from the stock seat to use for drag racing.
The one tooth larger counter shaft sprocket basically lowers the 46 rear sprocket to 43 teeth. Lower front end, taller gearing and traction control (set at #1), helped quite a bit with this bike turning into a uni-cycle. And, this thing STILL accelerates stronger than any of the other 50 bikes I've owned. Damn!
Your final drive ratio is 2.42 and mine is 2.44 (went 44 tooth in rear) , I'm not sure we would be able to tell the difference if we swapped. Lowering the front probably helps quite a bit. I think you know that traction control #1 is the second most wheel slip (off being first), also "wheelie" control is baked into each of the settings. You're more likely to wheelie in #1 than you are in #2 and more so in #3. So, if you put it in traction control #3 I don't think you could force a wheelie, much less have one happen as a surprise (with your current mods).
0 x

Steve Smith
Pressure Building
Pressure Building

Post by Steve Smith » Tue May 26, 2020 2:09 pm

I just happen to have the traction control in the #1 setting after previously having it turned off. I intended to use the other two settings with each successive ride. I didn't actually calculate the ratio and was told that 1 tooth difference in the front was equal to 2.5-3 in the back. I'll likely go to a 44 tooth in the rear next. Probably wait until extensions are available for the swingarm first.
1 x

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik