ECU Flashing

Bike aesthetic/mechanical/electrical modifications and general wrenching advice.
Post Reply
User avatar
cOoTeR
High Boost
High Boost
Posts: 1133
Joined: Dec 15th, 2017
Location: United States
x 105
x 527

Re: ECU Flashing

Post by cOoTeR » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:45 pm


DeRox wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:38 pm
About the 'corrected' version. You can see that abouve 10,000rpm the h2sx stops making power. Just like the H2 does. The h2 was, amongst others, restricted by closing the throttle valves above 10,000rpm. That's ride by wire for yeh :eek:
I guess that without this limitation the power continues to go up, like my 'corrected' version of the graph :lol:
Wishfull thinking? :rolleyes:
Not really wishful thinking when you look at the Derestricted graph woolich posted.
Attachments
20180315_103526.jpg
0 x

Stock with airfilter 164whp 84ft.lbs
De-restricted + tuned 213whp 97ft.lbs
Full vandemon exhaust with tune 221whp 99ft.lbs
On Race Fuel 233whp 103ft.lbs

User avatar
UFO
Medium Boost
Medium Boost
Posts: 377
Joined: Nov 30th, 2017
Location: PNW, USA
Bike(s): '18 H2SX SE
x 55
x 262

Re: ECU Flashing

Post by UFO » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:35 pm


No way either the SX or ZX14 are putting down 200 rwhp. MCN muse use an extremely happy dyno.
0 x

Various... ➡ 2000 Hayabusa ➡ 2002 VFR ➡ 2003 FJR1300 ➡ 2010 Multistrada ➡ 2018 H2SX SE #510 "Godzilla"

User avatar
cOoTeR
High Boost
High Boost
Posts: 1133
Joined: Dec 15th, 2017
Location: United States
x 105
x 527

Re: ECU Flashing

Post by cOoTeR » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:57 am


UFO wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:35 pm
No way either the SX or ZX14 are putting down 200 rwhp. MCN muse use an extremely happy dyno.
I'm guessing that they converted the numbers to crank.

The other two runs I've seen graphs for the H2SX SE have it at 172 and 171hp at the wheel.
0 x

Stock with airfilter 164whp 84ft.lbs
De-restricted + tuned 213whp 97ft.lbs
Full vandemon exhaust with tune 221whp 99ft.lbs
On Race Fuel 233whp 103ft.lbs

User avatar
vcyclenut
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!
Posts: 875
Joined: Jan 22nd, 2018
Location: fort myes, florida
x 298
x 655

Re: ECU Flashing

Post by vcyclenut » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:51 pm


Im very encouraged after reading the motorcycle.com 2nd review

I also like how they got 172 and woolich 171. Adds even more validity to what the beast is going to make uncorked :)

I will do a live dyno run when I get my bike on my facebook business page. My dyno is a bit conservative. The strongest ive had on it is a 2016 zx10 that I flash and tuned went from 168 to 195. This should demolish that with the restrictions removed.
2 x

User avatar
Hillman
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged
Posts: 49
Joined: Dec 1st, 2017
Bike(s): 2018 H2SX SE
x 9
x 24

Re: ECU Flashing

Post by Hillman » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:45 pm


cOoTeR wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:11 am
WR-NA wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:29 pm
I wasn't there as this was done in Australia by the Australian team (I'm the North American rep).
But based on historical data, weather conditions that day around that time were
82 Degrees, 59% humidity, 29.76" Hg, ~26' or so above sea level

I can probably ask Justin about about the conditions as reported from the dyno weather station if needed...
Nice. Can you find out what the Torque was?
T = hp x 5252/rpm

of course it would be helpful to have the fully dyno chart, including rpm, to pull these numbers. :D (HINT for Anthony)
2 x

User avatar
WR-NA
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Posts: 96
Joined: Mar 15th, 2018
Bike(s): 2009 ZX6R (Race), 2011 ZX10R, 2016 ZX10R, 2017 Z125 Pro, 2018 Ninja 400 (Race), 2019 H2, 2020 Z H2
x 48
x 86

Re: ECU Flashing

Post by WR-NA » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:44 pm


Hillman wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:45 pm
cOoTeR wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:11 am
WR-NA wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:29 pm
I wasn't there as this was done in Australia by the Australian team (I'm the North American rep).
But based on historical data, weather conditions that day around that time were
82 Degrees, 59% humidity, 29.76" Hg, ~26' or so above sea level

I can probably ask Justin about about the conditions as reported from the dyno weather station if needed...
Nice. Can you find out what the Torque was?
T = hp x 5252/rpm

of course it would be helpful to have the fully dyno chart, including rpm, to pull these numbers. :D (HINT for Anthony)
What you don't want to do some plotting and calculating? :D

I asked Justin for the torque printout and weather station conditions to satisfy all the dyno junkies - he said he'd get them to me when he can, he is a busy man with a lot of things on the plate at the moment.

I spent a good bit of time this morning pouring over the maps and think there is probably even a bit more left in the bike. And in all actuality Justin may have ended up rolling the bike off the dyno with more than that chart leads you to believe as that was in work and wasn't a final be all end all situation as to this is what you're going to get. Not to mention, the roasted tire doesn't help numbers (stupid B'Stones). I personally am super eager for one to come through here or go on the road and work with one. Or... get one of my own :P
1 x

User avatar
cOoTeR
High Boost
High Boost
Posts: 1133
Joined: Dec 15th, 2017
Location: United States
x 105
x 527

Re: ECU Flashing

Post by cOoTeR » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:53 pm


WR-NA wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:44 pm
Hillman wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:45 pm
cOoTeR wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:11 am
WR-NA wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:29 pm
I wasn't there as this was done in Australia by the Australian team (I'm the North American rep).
But based on historical data, weather conditions that day around that time were
82 Degrees, 59% humidity, 29.76" Hg, ~26' or so above sea level

I can probably ask Justin about about the conditions as reported from the dyno weather station if needed...
Nice. Can you find out what the Torque was?
T = hp x 5252/rpm

of course it would be helpful to have the fully dyno chart, including rpm, to pull these numbers. :D (HINT for Anthony)
What you don't want to do some plotting and calculating? :D

I asked Justin for the torque printout and weather station conditions to satisfy all the dyno junkies - he said he'd get them to me when he can, he is a busy man with a lot of things on the plate at the moment.

I spent a good bit of time this morning pouring over the maps and think there is probably even a bit more left in the bike. And in all actuality Justin may have ended up rolling the bike off the dyno with more than that chart leads you to believe as that was in work and wasn't a final be all end all situation as to this is what you're going to get. Not to mention, the roasted tire doesn't help numbers (stupid B'Stones). I personally am super eager for one to come through here or go on the road and work with one. Or... get one of my own :P
Thanks.

As you've been looking at the maps and such do you think the bike will benefit from a redline bump of 500-1000rpms like the H2? Do you think it will be safe to do so?
0 x

Stock with airfilter 164whp 84ft.lbs
De-restricted + tuned 213whp 97ft.lbs
Full vandemon exhaust with tune 221whp 99ft.lbs
On Race Fuel 233whp 103ft.lbs

User avatar
JonTheChron
Medium Boost
Medium Boost
Posts: 544
Joined: Dec 10th, 2017
Location: Quebec
Bike(s): H2 SX SE '18
Website: http://supercharged.ninja
x 137
x 161

Re: ECU Flashing

Post by JonTheChron » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:09 pm


I was hoping we would see a bump from 12k to 14k to match the h2's RPM?
0 x

2018 H2 SX SE (1st in Canada)
2011 Ninja 1000 (sold)
2009 Ninja 250R (sold)

User avatar
WR-NA
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Posts: 96
Joined: Mar 15th, 2018
Bike(s): 2009 ZX6R (Race), 2011 ZX10R, 2016 ZX10R, 2017 Z125 Pro, 2018 Ninja 400 (Race), 2019 H2, 2020 Z H2
x 48
x 86

Re: ECU Flashing

Post by WR-NA » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:36 pm


cOoTeR wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:53 pm

Thanks.

As you've been looking at the maps and such do you think the bike will benefit from a redline bump of 500-1000rpms like the H2? Do you think it will be safe to do so?
For sure, since the blower is chain driven off the crank, the more RPMs = more boost. BUT, will the stock engine components take it? I would be very early of bumping it up anything more than 500 RPMs. I don't think the pistons or valve train in the SX is built to the same degree as the H2 and likely won't take the same kind of stresses as the H2 motor will. I'd be first concerned with the pistons and con rods followed by the valve train.
0 x

User avatar
WR-NA
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Posts: 96
Joined: Mar 15th, 2018
Bike(s): 2009 ZX6R (Race), 2011 ZX10R, 2016 ZX10R, 2017 Z125 Pro, 2018 Ninja 400 (Race), 2019 H2, 2020 Z H2
x 48
x 86

Re: ECU Flashing

Post by WR-NA » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:38 pm


JonTheChron wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:09 pm
I was hoping we would see a bump from 12k to 14k to match the h2's RPM?
That I think is going to take some new (better) valve springs than what the SX comes with. I think there are a few differences in the top end between the H2 and the SX.

Anthony
0 x

Post Reply
meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: SDH2Mike, theoldone and 36 guests