Just rode the H2SX SE

For general chat about the Kawasaki H2SX (SE). One Wheel Drive forum for all other bike talk.
DucatiDave
Starting Engine
Starting Engine

Just rode the H2SX SE

Post by DucatiDave » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:05 pm

Where to start ...first thing I noticed was the weight , the SX feels so much lighter even though there isn't alot in it , it carries the weight low so you don't notice it much , it turns quicker than the big zed and direction changes are faster by comparison . However the bars are higher than the ZZR and you are sat more upright and this leads to less confidence with the front for me as I am just to used to being in a more sporty position I am sure I will get used to it . It really is easy to chuck about and feels more like a comfortable sports bike and you really feel confident on it from the off . The pillion pegs are close so if you ride with the ball of your foot on the pegs you may catch it with the back of your boot (size 10 feet) but I had this with the ZZR . On to the question of the power , it's not an H2 so don't think your getting a cheap 2UP H2 it's nowhere near the the feeling you get from the H2 yes it's quick but you don't get the aggressive acceleration smack you get from the H2 , the throttle is smoother than the H2 so that's a plus , compared to the ZZR it feels quicker whether it is there probably isn't much in it to be fair but keep the revs above 4k and go for the overtake and it's instant power but it revs quicker than the ZZR and the shift light lets you know this all to soon . I also had a 2UP ride with the other half on and the suspension in factory settings is fine a little dive on heavy braking but nothing to worry about , did scare the her a bit when I gave it a handful as she grabbed hold of me as no rear grab rail (side only)but TC was on had it was so stable under acceleration even 2UP , she did say the seat was a bit harder but to be fair it's new so not yet broken in and the pillion position was good with a good view over my head unlike the ZZR , shorter seat but the ZZR pillion seat is longer but she said it was fine . As for the difference over the Base model , cornering lights(why?) , brake pressure bar (why?) boost bar (nice but the boost symbols on my H2 are fine and to be fair I wasn't looking at it whilst accelerating) colour Screen (nice but do you really need it I don't) lean gauge (nice but again I wasn't looking at it) I do feel that all the gauges on the screen are a distraction when you should be looking at the road. Centre stand bracket looks a bit of an after thought . Build quality looks good but the exhaust isn't finished like the H2 and the bike doesn't feel tight it felt almost 'loose' in the quality but maybe this is down to it feeling light but compared to my H2 it feels cheap but against the ZZR you do get a better feeling of quality with the ZZR but I think alot of that is the weight (hard to explain) .

So overall ZZR replacement ? no I dont think it is they are 2 different bikes , its more sports bike than touring but would tour just as well as the ZZR , think of it like this if the ZZR didn't exist and this came out everyone would say it's the best sports tourer and I think the SX would be more fun once you get where you are going .
1 x

DucatiDave
Starting Engine
Starting Engine

Re: Just rode the H2SX SE

Post by DucatiDave » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:06 pm

FB_IMG_1521046355435.jpg
0 x

JonTheChron
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!
Bike(s): H2 SX SE '18

Post by JonTheChron » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:56 pm

What feels cheap in terms of build quality compared to the H2? I personally ride a Z1000SX and I do feel the build quality to be quite lacking, at least for the fairings..
0 x

2018 H2 SX SE (1st in Canada)
2011 Ninja 1000 (sold)
2009 Ninja 250R (sold)

DucatiDave
Starting Engine
Starting Engine

Post by DucatiDave » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:14 pm

build quality feels cheap next to the h2 , bike and engine don't feel 'tight' the h2 still feels 'tight' after 1k miles this only had 20miles and engine feels very 'loose' , hard to explain . I can see the collector box rusting badly on the welds as the finish isn't very good , but it's built to a price and the plastics are a bit thin , but thats the same with alot of bikes and cars these days , just take the bracket for the center stand , it is very much an after thought a bit of steel with holes drilled for various mounting points and the plate makes the sidestand very short
0 x

cOoTeR
Supercharged!
Supercharged!

Post by cOoTeR » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:05 am

Could you rank the H2, H2SX and the ZzR in different categories. Like acceleration, comfort, handling, fun to ride, best as a sport bike, best as a touring bike, best all around bike, best hwy bike, best city bike, best curvy road bike, best bike for riding on a track?
0 x

Stock with airfilter 164whp 84ft.lbs
De-restricted + tuned 213whp 97ft.lbs
Full vandemon exhaust with tune 221whp 99ft.lbs
On Race Fuel 233whp 103ft.lbs

UNUZ3D
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged
Bike(s): 18 Ninja H2 SX SE Performance Touring. 07 Ninja Zx10r

Post by UNUZ3D » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:15 am

damn it, you're making me want to give the zx10r to the mrs and go for a H2 instead :/
3 x

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik