My first observations
- very easy to maneuver (probably because too soft suspension
), after dialing up preload/compr/rebound its has become more stable and still easy to turn.
- Hard to say about engine yet, since im still in break-in period and not allowed to rev over 4000rpm. It does pick up speed nicely
- SX SE got a center stand. as it has one sided swingarm this is very practical
- SX SE has nice dash, lots of features. you can even save presets and restore them with one button press.
- ventilation and heat dissipation is great. left/right behind radiator is basically a huge hole in fairing for air to escape. engine is not covered by fairings almost at all.
- Cornering lights are a very nice feature, specially if you ride in areas without street lights.
- Configurable rev limit lamp (not a hard limit, just blinking lamp). you need it as during break-in you arent allowed to cross 4000rpm.
- It doesnt feel heavy. SX SE is at 260kg but low center of gravity helps to not make it feel top heavy.
- Lots of small storage space under seat (in comparison, ZX14R has only space for a sheet of paper under seat)
- Range with one fill up: so far it points out to be over 280km (if you ride under 4000/6000rpm, break in period)
- Bike is shorter than i thought (easy to fit in parking space)
- Shifting is easy and smooth.
- Reasonably fast warm-up. ca 1 minute at 1500rpm, clearly audible and fast rpm drop to 1000rpm. (zx14R has ca 30sec warmup)
- Linear Acceleration (something i never experienced before on a bike)
- riding in heavy rain: backdraft onto back is minimal, much less than other bikes, no mudguard necessary.
- Power L and KTRC 3 in rain: super stable, no sudden movements
- Engine is loud and sounds hollow. There is basically no fairing on this bike apart a bit in front, rest is all exposed.
- headlights, low beam is super annoying, it has a razor sharp top edge which fades into bluish color. driving on highway makes signs flicker from this blue light and low beam upper edge bouncing up/down. pretty annoying for other riders, everyone was moving into first lane, even i was riding at 4000rpm (max 100kph) and couldnt push much ahead.
- suspension is way way way too soft for me. bike was bouncing and had to dial up preload to 70%. Note im 97kg, and bike max load is 195kg, so this seems odd. Even after dialing preload up, and increasing resistance on compression/rebound the bike sways easily on stand.
- only touring display mode is highly configurable. sport mode is limited in what you can adjust.
- considering the bike is meant for touring the exposed engine and parts around it will make it super hard to clean
- side stand lever has short pin so i sometimes engage the gear when trying to push down side stand.
- Bike is shorter than i thought ( hard to tuck in under wind shield unless i move my ass all the way back,... tall people problem, on ZX14R this is easily possible for me)
- no power under 2500 rpm
- Hard to find neutral. (the real neutral
- riding in rain: backdraft into rear shock / engine area is strong, all dirty
- one of the 'side' channels (ram air) is closed off with plastic and makes it look odd as its not looking symmetric.
- of all the electronic gimmicks safety features (KIBS/KTRC/. you can ONLY adjust: traction control (off/1/2/3), power (L/M/F), engine braking (ON/reduced)
- break-in first 800km at max 4000rpm, then another 800km at max 6000rpm. i guess the supercharger makes this a requirement as its spinning ca 10x faster than crankshaft.
- on my bike the front brake switch is broken and needs to be replaced (cant disengage rear brake light and cant engage cruise control)
- someone at kawa thought the bike needs a way to display the current date!