Strange Sound

Bike aesthetic/mechanical/electrical modifications and general wrenching advice.
Rikter
Starting Engine
Starting Engine

Strange Sound

Post by Rikter » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:21 am

Howdy folks,

Hoping for some assistance here. I put away my 2019 H2SXSE+ for the winter. I topped the tank, added fuel stabilizer, ran the bike to get it nice n mixed, then took out the battery and put it on a tender & put the bike up on the centre stand.

There should be 0 power to the bike and neither terminal cable is touching anything however every 2 mins or so something from the front is making a rooster type noise for 2-3 seconds.

Bike has 167kms on it. It was previously parked on the centre stand with no noise before i took it back outside to stabilize the fuel and then put it right back inside.

Any thoughts? I can't see how it could be a pump or anything since the bike should technically be dead for power. I've tried rocking it back n forth and going from centre stand to side stand and after awhile back to centre stand. Anyone with any thoughts? Going to put the battery back in, take it up/down the street and park it again to see if that resets? it.

Apologies if this is in the wrong section. Figured "maintenance" was the closest topic section.
0 x

Snakes709
Medium Boost
Medium Boost
Bike(s): 2018 H2 SX SE

Re: Strange Sound

Post by Snakes709 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:24 am

Is it a whistle sound? If so its the gas tank venting. Totally normal.
2 x

2018 H2 SX/SE
-ZX10R Headers
-2016+ ZX10R Yoshimura Alpha 3/4 system
-Sprint P08 Filter
-Vcyclenut flash
-Driven block off plates
208whp 96tq

Rikter
Starting Engine
Starting Engine

Post by Rikter » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:43 am

You may have correctly identified the issue. Took it out for a up down of the street, back indoors and set it up again for storage but i opened/closed the fuel cap this time. No more sounds.
Thanks!
1 x

Snakes709
Medium Boost
Medium Boost
Bike(s): 2018 H2 SX SE

Post by Snakes709 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:04 pm

Your welcome. It will do it more so if the tank is near full, its warm out, just after the motor was running and heated up or in direct sun light.
0 x

2018 H2 SX/SE
-ZX10R Headers
-2016+ ZX10R Yoshimura Alpha 3/4 system
-Sprint P08 Filter
-Vcyclenut flash
-Driven block off plates
208whp 96tq

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik