who has a shoei Air

Discuss apparel, gear, and tech for your rides.
Burmashave
Medium Boost
Medium Boost
Bike(s): H2 SX SE

Re: who has a shoei Air

Post by Burmashave » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:09 pm

zxhoya wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:49 pm
...Just purchased the Bell Race Star Flex DLX helmet because of the reviews and the Cardo Packtalk Slim with JBL speakers...because of the reviews....
I have the Race Star Flex in matte black carbon fiber, and I had it's predecessor.

I think the photochromatic lense is a must have: no monkeying around with visors, sun glasses or shields. It adjusts quickly. On the downside, I think the photochromatic capability wears off and the shield needs to be replaced after a few seasons. Still I think it's worth it. My advice is to rinse it with water only, no soap.

I've been extremely happy with my Bell helmets, and one thing to consider is that of the major manufacturers out there, I think only Bell is doing serious research into improving safety and survivability (at least that's what I read somewhere a couple of years back). Other manufacturers have achieved a reasonable level of safety and compete on features.

The flex incorporates 2 layers of foam to provide protection for both high and low speed impacts. This overcomes the problem that earlier race helmets had where the rider would sometimes be better off with a cheaper helmet in a low speed crash because the hard foam in race helmets was designed to absorb high speed impacts. The other thing that the flex provides is that it will absorb some rotational force as well (hence the name).

But if you're looking for decent graphics, look elsewhere. In my opinion, Bell's offerings are pretty boring.

As far as the Cardo goes, I didn't think it will fit the Bell Race Star.
0 x

zxhoya
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Bike(s): '14 ZX-14R / '18 H2 SX SE

Re: who has a shoei Air

Post by zxhoya » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:43 pm

Burmashave wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:09 pm
zxhoya wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:49 pm
...Just purchased the Bell Race Star Flex DLX helmet because of the reviews and the Cardo Packtalk Slim with JBL speakers...because of the reviews....
I have the Race Star Flex in matte black carbon fiber, and I had it's predecessor.

But if you're looking for decent graphics, look elsewhere. In my opinion, Bell's offerings are pretty boring.

As far as the Cardo goes, I didn't think it will fit the Bell Race Star.
I prefer solid colors and love the matte carbon black with this helmet.

The Cardo Slim doesn't fit the Race Star but I easily fixed that, a little Gorilla double sided tape (it's weather proof) for the battery in the back and it's all good.

Thanks for the info and your thoughts about Bell and how to clean the screen, I will take heed.
0 x

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik