You can see that the new horns have a larger diameter, and have a larger width, as well.
Installing was relatively straight forward:
I removed the stock horn and coerced one of the new H3F’s onto the bracket and did a full left-right turn check. Regardless of the rotation position of the horn, the horn came into contact with the front, lower inner fairing. The OEM bracket would not work. There was about 1 inch clearance above the horn from contacting any head height objects.
I removed the bracket and made a new one, using the OEM bracket as a template, except made the horn tab about ½” taller, and placed the same bends as the OEM had, and refit the horn/bracket and a full left-right swing cleared what it needed.
I could not find the amperage spec on the horn set, so I needed to check out the OEM system horn 'capacity' wiring/amperage.
I used a split wire connector I had laying around for both the OEM positive and OEM negative connectors, which would allow me to supply power to both new horns. The horns were connected up and the power was ample for each working at the same time. No relay setup needed. Longer horn blasting, annoying the neighbors, worked well, and the power wires did not heat up.
I painted the new bracket and then installed the first horn/bracket.
I then began to search out a secondary location for the additional horn, a location without moving OEM cable/brackets or other OEM gadgets. I found the only placement suitable to me, was on the left side, up against the gas tank, inside the ‘outer’ bike framing. That placement would only need a few zip ties.
I put two holes in the horns lower lip and molding:
Here you can see the molding holes, with zip ties poking through.
After placing a few holes in the front lip of the horn, several matching holes in the plastic upper molding, which is on the top of the radiator, and trimming off the bolt stub on the horn, I could place the horn, lock down its front to the molding, and use another zip tie to attach the body of the horn against the left side, inner bike frame – which had OEM holes already existing. A full left-right swing check, and the second horn cleared. Fitting done.
Here is a sound sample of the OEM horn, one H3F as a single horn, and the H3F set.