Would you recommend Demo SE+?

For general chat about the Kawasaki H2SX (SE). One Wheel Drive forum for all other bike talk.
Nize2864
Bike(s): Honda cbr650

Would you recommend Demo SE+?

Post by Nize2864 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:35 pm

Hello I'm looking to buy a H2sx se or the SE+ and found a dealership with 2k £ off the price for their demo SE+ so I was wondering if it's a good idea to buy demo bikes at all especially a pricey one like this? Their demo is currently under 100miles on the clock but I'm going to buy it in August if they have it so if its still there it's probably going to have more miles than that.
So what are your thoughts on a Demo?
I wouldn't spend 21k pounds on a brand new one either that's why I'm eyeing this one.
0 x

Burmashave
Medium Boost
Medium Boost
Bike(s): H2 SX SE

Re: Would you recommend Demo SE+?

Post by Burmashave » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:47 pm

Welcome.

You're pretty much looking at the same deal I got on my '18 SX SE. It was a demo model with less than 70 miles that I purchased in July '18. I was pretty comfortable with that amount of mileage, and the discount made it workable. I know some of us, myself included, absolutely obsess with the proper break in procedures and assume these are not followed for those miles on a demo bike; but hey, it was only 70 miles, the bikes are well engineered, and the discount made it workable.

I haven't regretted it at all. In fact, I've thrown much of what I saved into upgrades on the bike.
1 x

Reciprocal
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Bike(s): H2 SX SE

Post by Reciprocal » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:26 pm

I bought a demo with 2150 miles. Nice discount off the top, already had its first service and centerstand recall done, remains flawless after 5,000 miles, and I went over it with a microscope. If you don't drop it or wreck it, I don't think you can hurt it if you tried, and probably nobody tried; a few trips to the redline not enough to cause harm, not this bike anyway. That said, your demo opportunity won't last. It wouldn't last here anyway, about 40 days is how long it was in inventory, and that was before the riding season was in full swing.
0 x

steadly2004
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged
Bike(s): H2 SX SE, Husqvarna 701

Post by steadly2004 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:54 am

I got a demo 2018. Had 3k miles on it. I think the dealership owner was using it for a personal bike. Basically I got a used bike with new warranty since it never had a title. 14.5k was a pretty good price for a sx se. But not a plus model unfortunately.
0 x

Bengarzy
Low Boost
Low Boost
Bike(s): BMW R1200 RS

Post by Bengarzy » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:06 pm

Nize2864 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:35 pm
Hello I'm looking to buy a H2sx se or the SE+ and found a dealership with 2k £ off the price for their demo SE+ so I was wondering if it's a good idea to buy demo bikes at all especially a pricey one like this? Their demo is currently under 100miles on the clock but I'm going to buy it in August if they have it so if its still there it's probably going to have more miles than that.
So what are your thoughts on a Demo?
I wouldn't spend 21k pounds on a brand new one either that's why I'm eyeing this one.
As very few riders on a road test could ever get to use much of the mega power these things have you can rest assured it’s not been raggedto death😂😂
0 x

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik