Suspension sag

For general chat about the Kawasaki H2SX (SE). One Wheel Drive forum for all other bike talk.
Prof J
Accelerating
Accelerating
Bike(s): '19 SE +

Re: Suspension sag

Post by Prof J » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:49 pm

Burmashave wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:38 am

Not a naive question at all. I can't say that I've noticed lots of difference, but I feel more confident knowing that the springs are essentially neutral in that there's the same spring travel available for compression (bumps) and extension (dips). The bike is now setup for me. Also, a neutral setting gives me a starting point for adjustments. I've picked this up more from Lee Parks book _Total_Control_ than from experience in adjusting suspensions.
Got it. So after hearing folks talk about the ideas and all, I ordered a Motool Slacker Digital sag V2, @$64.99. Seemed a good price.

Update: 6/27/19 - seems as if the retailer has gone missing/unresponsive. Other fish in the sea.
0 x

Prof J
Accelerating
Accelerating
Bike(s): '19 SE +

Re: Suspension sag

Post by Prof J » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:01 am

So I ordered the Motool from a different source. After installing the lowering links I set the suspension to the softest, and at that setting the Motool measures 22 sag. I could not get the rear suspension sag any thing above 22.

When I took the bike in for it's 600 mile service, I asked the shop it they could lower the front suspension to match the rear (1 1/2" lower). They took a brief look and said the control set would be interfered by the tank and windshield. They'll have to do the oil change on another day, as even though the bike was scheduled a week in advance, they did not have the filter when I went in on the appointment time/day.

So rear sag wise I may be left with it as it is, or have the rear shock spring cut.
0 x

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik