Denali Soundbomb on a '19 SXSE+

Bike aesthetic/mechanical/electrical modifications and general wrenching advice.
Burmashave
Medium Boost
Medium Boost
Bike(s): H2 SX SE

Re: Denali Soundbomb on a '19 SXSE+

Post by Burmashave » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:16 pm

Raddy47 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:40 pm
I saw this horn and heard it for first time on last episode of 44 teeth on YouTube. Blew me away. Now I’m interested.

Do you mind posting a link where you purchased? I might do this later on..

Did you keep stock horn? Was curious of your mounting position.

Pretty sure if it fits I’m hiding it in the fake right side air duct.
If it fits, it'd be a tight fit. Note that the cover for the right side duct is a separate part from the fairing. It's a $35 part (Kawi part #14093-0665), so there's no huge risk in playing around with it. I haven't had my fairings off yet, but my concern with mounting a Sound Bomb in the fake duct would be supporting the weight. To me, the duct cover mounts don't look like they would support a lot of weight, but then again, since I haven't had the fairings off, I don't know what the support options are.
0 x

Raddy47
Accelerating
Accelerating

Post by Raddy47 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:47 pm

Burmashave wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:16 pm
Raddy47 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:40 pm
I saw this horn and heard it for first time on last episode of 44 teeth on YouTube. Blew me away. Now I’m interested.

Do you mind posting a link where you purchased? I might do this later on..

Did you keep stock horn? Was curious of your mounting position.

Pretty sure if it fits I’m hiding it in the fake right side air duct.
If it fits, it'd be a tight fit. Note that the cover for the right side duct is a separate part from the fairing. It's a $35 part (Kawi part #14093-0665), so there's no huge risk in playing around with it. I haven't had my fairings off yet, but my concern with mounting a Sound Bomb in the fake duct would be supporting the weight. To me, the duct cover mounts don't look like they would support a lot of weight, but then again, since I haven't had the fairings off, I don't know what the support options are.
Right on. I’d risk it for 35 bucks. I’ve done some good things with led lights in air ducts before without sacrificing flow of air.

Maybe a fall project or late summer thing for me.
0 x

PaulieG
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged
Bike(s): 2019 H2 SX SE+

Post by PaulieG » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:51 pm

Ok, hopefully last edit. I added pics and text at the bottom of the original post detailing the exhaust wrap I added today. Went very well.

Here's a YT video of the horn sound.

1 x

Raddy47
Accelerating
Accelerating

Post by Raddy47 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:46 pm

PaulieG wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:51 pm
Ok, hopefully last edit. I added pics and text at the bottom of the original post detailing the exhaust wrap I added today. Went very well.
Good work with the pipe wrap. Hopefully that will prevent the melting issue.

Pretty sure I’ll be doing this mod later on down the road.
0 x

Burmashave
Medium Boost
Medium Boost
Bike(s): H2 SX SE

Post by Burmashave » Fri May 10, 2019 8:32 pm

As a heads up for guys thinking about installing a Sound Bomb, it's worth noting that Denali also produces a Sound Bomb with a separate compressor. I think there should be plenty of room under the seat for the compressor element, and the the horn should be mountable to a frame tube, leaving enough air gap to the headers. The other bonus to separate components is that the horn element is extremely light.

I haven't mounted mine yet because I have lots of other tasks ahead of it, but I'll post a pic when I finally get it done.
0 x

Meiram
Bike(s): H2 sxse+, 1200gs, Harley breakout cvo

Post by Meiram » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:42 pm

PaulieG wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:23 pm
I finally got around to installing my Denali Soundbomb on my new 2019 SXSE+. It seemed a little tighter than the '18 based on the couple of pics I saw here in another thread or two. The space where some '18 owners installed it under the right cover panel is not an option on the '19. There is an open space but turning the handlebars side to side shows that the space is needed for the steel braided brake lines. And you don't want those being crimped or impeded.

Hi!
Installed the same way as you did. Bought 2 horns, one as yours and with separate blower and whistle. The latter one didn't fit. So had to install as you did. Isolated manifold pipe with heat thing as you. My question is whether the horn touches the plastic fairing? Mine does a little bit.Image[/img][/img]
Attachments
IMG-20190923-WA0066.jpeg
0 x

Meiram
Bike(s): H2 sxse+, 1200gs, Harley breakout cvo

Post by Meiram » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:56 am

Some more picd of my setup
Attachments
IMG_20190924_105000.jpg
IMG_20190924_105406.jpg
0 x

Miamijato
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged
Bike(s): 2019 Ninja H2 SXSE+

Post by Miamijato » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:22 am

wow, that looks horrible, first of all, you were supposed to use the 2 piece Denali Horn, not the 1 piece, I have this installed on my 19' sx and I'd give you 100 dollars if you can even find it, try locating, ONLY THE COMPRESSOR, under the tank, plenty of room there, your welcome, lol...….. and my 2 piece horn sounds louder too...….
0 x

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik