Arghhhh stone chip on top of my tank

Bike aesthetic/mechanical/electrical modifications and general wrenching advice.
keith zx
Low Boost
Low Boost
Bike(s): sx1000

Re: Arghhhh stone chip on top of my tank

Post by keith zx » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:08 am

file:///C:/Users/Home/Downloads/KAWASAKI%20,H2%20SX,%2018-19,H2%20SX%20SE,%2018-19%20(SIDE%20LIGHTS)%20440-K587.html

I have just ordered a pair of cornering light protectors from powerbronze, prevention is far better than the Kawasaki price tag to renew these cornering lights as ever totally extreme !!!! members of the forum get 10% discount and I also got free delivery , £24 ish inc delivery , wish I had of had my tank cover earlier !!!!!!
0 x

keith zx
Low Boost
Low Boost

Post by keith zx » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:14 am

sorry the link did not work please try this they come in different colours I have gone for the clear, available on the powerbronze site
Attachments
headlight_pro.jpg
headlight_pro.jpg (22.99 KiB) Viewed 353 times
0 x

Arthurgee
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged
Bike(s): H2 SX Tourer

Post by Arthurgee » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:39 am

Seems to me there are more than one of us that have been hit on the tank in the same location by this imaginary stone chip!!! Kawasaki will say its the same stone!!!! Clearly an issue here as my chip is almost the exact same location as yours keith, but not as bad. ill get a picture uploaded.
0 x

keith zx
Low Boost
Low Boost

Post by keith zx » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:46 pm

mine started off as a 4mm chip but since then it has been rubbed down with a failed attempt to repair it using an air brush, think it will be impossible to repair this kind of paint , would be a complete tank respray and new decals , at least four on this forum with the same mark in the same place cant understand how a stone could get over my screen then come straight down and hit my tank, one in the usa has had a new tank from kawasaki after 15000 miles , can you send off your pics with a report to Kawasaki uk then contact you local dealer to ask to put in a claim, the more people that report this the better , I still think it is some kind of defect , as even when I have been trying to just touch the spot up the paint does not seem to want to take to the bare metal even the etching primer , so at present I have two gloss black made up decals over my tank also will be putting my bagster tank cover on which I was going to do any way, I still want my tank repairing if possible any ideas would be welcome , let me how you get on cheers
0 x

Arthurgee
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged
Bike(s): H2 SX Tourer

Post by Arthurgee » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:22 pm

20190815_174928.jpg
20190815_174928.jpg
So here's a couple of images of my "alleged" chip. looks pretty similar eh? i have ordered the cans of aerosol spray from RS paints. £91 quid for the several layers, but if it seals the chip, worth every penny. And similar to others, it up near the fuel tank so unusual place for a stone chip dont ya think?
Attachments
20190815_174935.jpg
0 x

keith zx
Low Boost
Low Boost

Post by keith zx » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:31 pm

that !!!! chip !!!! looks just like mine right down to the bare steel , after my failed attempts I think the best way to approach the chip is a light rub down with 1500 grit, apply a little of the base paint. leave a full day to dry then add the green very lightly , if you use too much green it will go too dark, if you can get the shade of green right it is just a light coat of the sparkle , the sparkle coats very easy and you can easily put too much on, I made the mistake of trying to touch mine up inside of the garage , it did look ok at one point and thought I had cracked it !! till I pushed it outside in the daylight , best to try and do it in the natural daylight , good luck with it . I still think there is a problem with the bare steel the paint did not seem to want to bond to the bare metal , no harm letting your dealer take some pics and trying to claim a defect like I did before you start to try and touch it up .let me know how you get on .
0 x

Tigereyeguy23
14.7 psi
14.7 psi
Bike(s): 2018 H2 SX SE

Post by Tigereyeguy23 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:59 am

Anyone has a link of the tank cover or where you get them from?
0 x

keith zx
Low Boost
Low Boost

Post by keith zx » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:02 am

The tank cover is made by bagster they have a bag listed in e bay look for bagster tank cover for sx h2
0 x

Tigereyeguy23
14.7 psi
14.7 psi
Bike(s): 2018 H2 SX SE

Post by Tigereyeguy23 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:08 pm

Thanks Keith ZX
0 x

keith zx
Low Boost
Low Boost

Post by keith zx » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:45 pm

My cornering light covers arrived from Powerbronze yesterday . two day delivery, no problem with the fitting , I would rather not have them on , but after looking at the Kawasaki spares site £700 for a left hand light and £300 for the right hand light , (don't know why one is more than the other ??) would be a disaster if I had a stone hit one of them , so at £24 inc delivery for the covers its a no brainer !!!!
Attachments
CONERING LIGHT COVER 1.jpg
CONERING LIGHT COVER .jpg
0 x

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik