Ruroc Atlas Riot Cobra helmet??

Discuss apparel, gear, and tech for your rides.
Jkwan0902
Low Boost
Low Boost
Bike(s): Ninja H2 SE

Ruroc Atlas Riot Cobra helmet??

Post by Jkwan0902 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:42 am

Hello ladies and gents. So I was looking into a new helmet for the bike and I came across a newish company by the name of Ruroc. Apparently they’ve been around for a while making helmets for snow sports and have grown into offering motorcycle helmets as well. I’ll attach the link to the product page so everybody can take a look at it. The only real gripe I have with these helmets is the visors aren’t quick change and require a hex key (which is provided) and the shockwave audio system they offer(Bluetooth music and hands free calling) doesn’t include rider to rider intercom. Other than that I think this helmet looks amazing and the fact that it’s made with carbon fiber at this price point is also fantastic. I’ve read reviews from people that have purchased their snow sport helmets from them and apparently the product and customer service is top notch. At the end of the day I’m a little wary of a company that’s never made motorcycle helmets before so I figured I’d get everybody’s input from here. Please let me know your thoughts.

https://www.ruroc.com/en/atlas-riot-ser ... cobra.html
0 x

vcyclenut
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!

Re: Ruroc Atlas Riot Cobra helmet??

Post by vcyclenut » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:04 pm

looks nice , im seriously thinking of trying it, I need a new helmet
1 x

Jkwan0902
Low Boost
Low Boost

Post by Jkwan0902 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:08 pm

vcyclenut wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:04 pm
looks nice , im seriously thinking of trying it, I need a new helmet
Hey Dave!! I might just hold off until I see a write up from u my man.
0 x

vcyclenut
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!

Post by vcyclenut » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:25 pm

I ordered it, ill post up my impressions when I get it. Ive always been disappointed when I haven't ordered a Shoei or Arai I hope this time is different
1 x

vcyclenut
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!

Post by vcyclenut » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:31 am

I received an email that the helmet is on backorder, ugh, lets see how long it takes
1 x

Raddy47
Accelerating
Accelerating

Post by Raddy47 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:13 pm

Looks nice and it does interest me but.. that chin is going to catch some nasty air flow. I do not understand the recent trend in helmets that look like they are designed for road racing in cars. See lots of Harley (boat anchor) riders with them now. The helmets themselves are cool. Makes more sense for a Harley type rider to wear one than a sport bike rider. But it’s still odd and out of place. The chin and shield are my suspects on this helmet. Other than that thumbs up!
1 x

Jkwan0902
Low Boost
Low Boost

Post by Jkwan0902 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:48 pm

vcyclenut wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:31 am
I received an email that the helmet is on backorder, ugh, lets see how long it takes
Yeah... it’s saying June for the dispatch date for my size now...
0 x

vcyclenut
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!

Post by vcyclenut » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:18 pm

I still have not received my helmet and the last email I got today says the should be able to get it out in a couple weeks!! WTF seriously

I responded by asking what are they going to do to make up for this insane wait, ill let you know what they say
0 x

vcyclenut
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!

Post by vcyclenut » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:45 pm

finally received my helmet but it did not have the blue tooth unit I ordered. I haven't had a chance to ride with it yet. first impressions are its very light. the fit is snug which I like. The nose spoiler does touch my nose a little i will see if this becomes a bother

ive emailed them back as I am disappointed to say the least. I was hoping to have a factory installed blue tooth unit, not me tearing apart my brand new helmet ( that i waited months to get) to install it
1 x

vcyclenut
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!

Post by vcyclenut » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:48 pm

I ended up sending the helmet back and getting a refund

one vent in the chin area that you have to reach inside the helmet to open and close which was impossible with gloves
visor had no detents and felt cheap when opening and closing
the shin strap that had a pad that wasn't connected to any thing on one end and would drive me nuts when riding

the blue tooth unit would loose contact with my phone regularly and the buttons were impossible to use with gloves

so im looking again for a helmet im leaning towards the Shoei Air 2 with the Sena unit made for it but $900 for both , damn
0 x

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik