Low speed fuelling

For general chat about the Kawasaki H2SX (SE). One Wheel Drive forum for all other bike talk.
Racer-X
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged

Low speed fuelling

Post by Racer-X » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:05 am

I guess anyone without a flashed ECU has noticed how snatchy and jerky the bike is on small throttle openings at low speeds tooling about town. The other day I switched off traction control and immediately noticed that the jerkiness almost disappears. Not perfect but way better. Anyone else noticed this?

I assume flashing the ECU would sort this out but I don't really understand why TC would be interfering with the connection from my right wrist to the throttle butterflies. I thought TC would only intervene when front and rear wheel speeds didn't match?

As much as I'd love to send my ECU to vcyclenut I'm in Europe ... it would take forever to get there and back and the Dutch will probably charge me import duty on my own ECU :bat:
Last edited by Racer-X on Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Thunderdawg
Accelerating
Accelerating
Bike(s): 2018 Ninja H2 SX SE

Re: Low speed fuelling

Post by Thunderdawg » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:17 am

I have been running with TC 1 with the stock ECU and after two flashes by vcyclenut. The first flash was after I changed the air filter only. I and others have commented on the better throttle response after the flash compared to the stock ECU. Very easy to transition from closed throttle to open throttle with no jerkiness. The same held true for me after the second ECU flash along with new headers, PAIR valve removal, new mid pipe and new can.
0 x

Tefal
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged
Bike(s): Ninja 250, h2sx

Post by Tefal » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:13 am

Yeah the stock fuelling when you're at the very edge of on/off like around town/traffic riding is driving me insane.

I'm really thinking of looking into a flash or remap if that does fix it but it's an area I have zero knowledge about
0 x

Prof J
Medium Boost
Medium Boost
Bike(s): '19 SE +

Post by Prof J » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:14 am

So far, 600 miles, I've learned to use a gentle hand. I agree, very sensitive.
0 x

DeRox
Low Boost
Low Boost

Post by DeRox » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:29 am

If you're in the Netherlands I can recommend Paul Ritzen in Weert for a Woolich flash.
He might take a while, but it will be perfect :)
http://www.ritzenmotors.nl/
0 x

2018 H2 SX SE | 2006 GSXR750

black-k1
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Bike(s): H2 SX SE Perf. Tourer

Post by black-k1 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:36 am

Tefal wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:13 am
Yeah the stock fuelling when you're at the very edge of on/off like around town/traffic riding is driving me insane.

I'm really thinking of looking into a flash or remap if that does fix it but it's an area I have zero knowledge about
I've not had an issue with mine, either on the original flash or the one I had done by Hilltop. It do an across London commute so would notice it, but haven't. I do run my bike on 99RON fuel though and I think that may make a big difference.
0 x

HaraldB
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Bike(s): H2 SX SE

Post by HaraldB » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:28 pm

Racer-X wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:05 am
I guess anyone without a flashed ECU has noticed how snatchy and jerky the bike is on small throttle openings at low speeds tooling about town. The other day I switched off traction control and immediately noticed that the jerkiness almost disappears. Not perfect but way better. Anyone else noticed this?

I assume flashing the ECU would sort this out but I don't really understand why TC would be interfering with the connection from my right wrist to the throttle butterflies. I thought TC would only intervene when front and rear wheel speeds didn't match?

As much as I'd love to send my ECU to vcyclenut I'm in Europe ... it would take forever to get there and back and the Dutch will probably charge me import duty on my own ECU :bat:
They will offer a flash soon.
No reason to ship it over the ocean.

https://www.rsi-performance.de/
0 x

ghostrdr
14.7 psi
14.7 psi
Bike(s): H2SXSE

Post by ghostrdr » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:46 pm

Will turning on KEBC help?
0 x

Racer-X
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged

Post by Racer-X » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:27 pm

ooh this thread has come to life again :) ... thanks for the links DeRox and HaraldB I'll check them out ... really want to get it flashed soon.

I have never turned on KEBC ... I ride with TC off, KEBC off, KQS off ...
0 x

Tefal
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged
Bike(s): Ninja 250, h2sx

Post by Tefal » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:44 pm

black-k1 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:36 am
Tefal wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:13 am

I've not had an issue with mine, either on the original flash or the one I had done by Hilltop. It do an across London commute so would notice it, but haven't. I do run my bike on 99RON fuel though and I think that may make a big difference.

I usualy use the good stuff too unless I'm doing a 100+mile motorway run where cheap stuff as it's just cruise control.

Put of curiosity at say 30mph what gear do you use?
0 x

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik