Heated Grips: OEM versus Oxford

Discuss apparel, gear, and tech for your rides.
keith zx
Low Boost
Low Boost
Bike(s): sx1000

Re: Heated Grips: OEM versus Oxford

Post by keith zx » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:31 am

don't know if it is me , but I find the stock heated grips rubbish, I find they do warm up but they have to be on full for me to notice the heat, they also seem to cool down and warm up again sometimes, obviously the right grip gets warmer than the left grip due to the plastic insert on the throttle body, don't know why they never fitted a plastic inset into the left grip to help it get warmer like the right hand side .since 2013 I have had the oxford intelligent grips fitted to my new kawasaki's by the dealer before delivery, two zzr 1400's and a new 2017 sx 1000. I was never impressed with the performance of the oxford grips, (like I said it might be me ??) , I have contacted oxford a couple of times regarding the heat output form there grips , they assured me the best way to fit them is wire them straight to the battery , they have an inline fuse and they switch themselves off if no charge is going to the battery , it does make a difference , but not great, I can honestly say the best performing heated grips I have had are the r&g heated grips they only cost around £35.00 (e bay have them ) and I did have to turn them down from full power as they do get really warm , a couple of my mates have the r&g's and have no complaints. my 2015 bmw 1600 gt heated grips weren't that good either , like I say it maybe my hands ? but had no trouble with the r&g's , just my opinion , everyone is different .
0 x

Vex
Accelerating
Accelerating
Bike(s): 2018 H2 SX SE, 2011 ZX-6R, 2017 Z125

Post by Vex » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:29 pm

Mine heat evenly, and the heat seems to stay on fine.
0 x

2018 Kawasaki H2 SX SE
2017 Kawasaki Z125 Pro
2011 Kawasaki ZX-6R

bluknite
Starting Engine
Starting Engine
Bike(s): SX SE+

Post by bluknite » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:25 am

what model did you guys get, sport or the touring
0 x

Snakes709
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!
Bike(s): 2018 H2 SX SE

Post by Snakes709 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:09 am

kinda off but on topic. Is it possible to change the grips itself and still maintain the oem heater? Wanted to swtich my grips out for Spider grips which i used on my other bikes. Just not sure if it can be done with the heated grips.
0 x

2018 H2 SX/SE
-ZX10R Headers
-2016+ ZX10R Yoshimura Alpha 3/4 system
-Sprint P08 Filter
-Vcyclenut flash
-Driven block off plates
-Yager Werx Intercooler
208whp 96tq

GCH2sx
Bike(s): H2 SX SE 2019

Post by GCH2sx » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:39 am

I have the OEM heated grips on my 2019 H2 SX and the work fine, they look like part of the bike whereas the Oxford ones look like an added accessory. In terms on how hot they get compared with the Oxford ones i cannot comment all i can say is the OEM ones are hot enough for me, mind you the winters where are live are a lot warmer than the ones in your part of the world
0 x

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik