who has a shoei Air

Discuss apparel, gear, and tech for your rides.
Burmashave
Medium Boost
Medium Boost
Bike(s): H2 SX SE

Re: who has a shoei Air

Post by Burmashave » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:09 pm

zxhoya wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:49 pm
...Just purchased the Bell Race Star Flex DLX helmet because of the reviews and the Cardo Packtalk Slim with JBL speakers...because of the reviews....
I have the Race Star Flex in matte black carbon fiber, and I had it's predecessor.

I think the photochromatic lense is a must have: no monkeying around with visors, sun glasses or shields. It adjusts quickly. On the downside, I think the photochromatic capability wears off and the shield needs to be replaced after a few seasons. Still I think it's worth it. My advice is to rinse it with water only, no soap.

I've been extremely happy with my Bell helmets, and one thing to consider is that of the major manufacturers out there, I think only Bell is doing serious research into improving safety and survivability (at least that's what I read somewhere a couple of years back). Other manufacturers have achieved a reasonable level of safety and compete on features.

The flex incorporates 2 layers of foam to provide protection for both high and low speed impacts. This overcomes the problem that earlier race helmets had where the rider would sometimes be better off with a cheaper helmet in a low speed crash because the hard foam in race helmets was designed to absorb high speed impacts. The other thing that the flex provides is that it will absorb some rotational force as well (hence the name).

But if you're looking for decent graphics, look elsewhere. In my opinion, Bell's offerings are pretty boring.

As far as the Cardo goes, I didn't think it will fit the Bell Race Star.
0 x

zxhoya
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Bike(s): '14 ZX-14R / '18 H2 SX SE

Post by zxhoya » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:43 pm

Burmashave wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:09 pm
zxhoya wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:49 pm
...Just purchased the Bell Race Star Flex DLX helmet because of the reviews and the Cardo Packtalk Slim with JBL speakers...because of the reviews....
I have the Race Star Flex in matte black carbon fiber, and I had it's predecessor.

But if you're looking for decent graphics, look elsewhere. In my opinion, Bell's offerings are pretty boring.

As far as the Cardo goes, I didn't think it will fit the Bell Race Star.
I prefer solid colors and love the matte carbon black with this helmet.

The Cardo Slim doesn't fit the Race Star but I easily fixed that, a little Gorilla double sided tape (it's weather proof) for the battery in the back and it's all good.

Thanks for the info and your thoughts about Bell and how to clean the screen, I will take heed.
0 x

Vex
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Bike(s): 2018 H2 SX SE, 2011 ZX-6R, 2017 Z125

Post by Vex » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:26 pm

I have a Race Star and a Cardo Packtalk; they go great together. The Bell helmet was the perfect shape for my head. My friends have more round heads and it doesn't fit them.

The chromatic visor is nice but it does yellow after a bit, just like most of them do. Worth it though. It doesn't get as dark as the Dark Smoke variant, but it does get darker than Light Smoke.

I'll probs grab a pro star next.
0 x

2018 Kawasaki H2 SX SE
2017 Kawasaki Z125 Pro
2011 Kawasaki ZX-6R

Imoutdoors
14.7 psi
14.7 psi
Bike(s): Zzr1200 Gone but not forgotten. ‘19 SX SE+

Post by Imoutdoors » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:57 am

I’m using the GT Air 2, so far so good. Main thing is it fits my head the best. I do love the drop down visor. Haven’t added the Bluetooth yet.
0 x

ViperBoy
Starting Engine
Starting Engine
Bike(s): 2018 H2 SX SE

Post by ViperBoy » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:05 am

I have the Euro GT-Air with a faint dragon design over flat black. I ordered on eBay since they don't have that model in the states. I LOVE the euro ratchet over D-rings - far faster on and off with the only disadvantage being that external helmet locks don't have a ring to go through. The shield and pinlock anti-fog insert both work incredibly well
0 x

Imoutdoors
14.7 psi
14.7 psi

Post by Imoutdoors » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:47 pm

So, I just added the SRL2 to the Air II, and it’s pretty much worthless above 60. Wind noise covers anything except the Sena’s internal notifications. I’m thinking a setup is wrong maybe, because when I tried Waze, I couldn’t hear it, so I tried Spotify, and it was pretty much the same. Too much wind around the visor attachments. Any ideas?
0 x

Switch18
Low Boost
Low Boost

Post by Switch18 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:29 pm

Imoutdoors wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:47 pm
So, I just added the SRL2 to the Air II, and it’s pretty much worthless above 60. Wind noise covers anything except the Sena’s internal notifications. I’m thinking a setup is wrong maybe, because when I tried Waze, I couldn’t hear it, so I tried Spotify, and it was pretty much the same. Too much wind around the visor attachments. Any ideas?
That's really dissapointing. I was just at a Bike show speaking to the Shoei rep and he almost had me sold on one. So the advanced noise control doesn't work :no:
0 x

Vex
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Bike(s): 2018 H2 SX SE, 2011 ZX-6R, 2017 Z125

Post by Vex » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:32 pm

My Sena's were always quiet, even when I turned on the boosted noise. My Cardio is loud AF.
0 x

2018 Kawasaki H2 SX SE
2017 Kawasaki Z125 Pro
2011 Kawasaki ZX-6R

Imoutdoors
14.7 psi
14.7 psi

Post by Imoutdoors » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:00 pm

Switch18 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:29 pm
Imoutdoors wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:47 pm
That's really dissapointing. I was just at a Bike show speaking to the Shoei rep and he almost had me sold on one. So the advanced noise control doesn't work :no:
Still working on it, not ready to give up yet. Trouble is having time to experiment. Plus I doubt my technical abilities to have the phone settings correct.
0 x

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik