Impeller inspection

Bike aesthetic/mechanical/electrical modifications and general wrenching advice.
Drnick
Medium Boost
Medium Boost
Bike(s): Too many to list!

Impeller inspection

Post by Drnick » Wed May 02, 2018 5:44 pm

FYI.... Impeller inspection to check run-out... U have to remove left side fairing,in it's entirety! ,To remove air snorkel,not only do u have to remove those 3 visible Allen screws,
U have to remove wiring harness that's attached to snorkel body so as u can remove air snorkel,then u can remove the remaining screws that attach the filter housing,which gives u access to the ridiculously small air filter!😳...Then u can check run-out with a dial indicator!!! ....I doubt it very much,that for the first service,dealer will actually do this!
But, then again, if they really do it,and they don't break the hidden push pins😱,I'd be curious of what they'll charge for the entire visit!!!
0 x

Velocitus Eradicus

Champ87
Supercharged!
Supercharged!
Bike(s): Current bikes: 2018 H2 SX SE, '73 Yamaha RD350, '74 Kawasaki H1E

Re: Impeller inspection

Post by Champ87 » Wed May 02, 2018 6:00 pm

Drnick wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 5:44 pm
I'd be curious of what they'll charge for the entire visit!!!

When I picked my bike up my dealer said 1st inspection would be $186 including oil and filter.
0 x

Champ87
It's amazing how fast you can go when you take your time.

BoostedOne
Low Boost
Low Boost

Post by BoostedOne » Wed May 02, 2018 6:51 pm

I would bet the cost of your first inspection that they don't even check the axial play. They'll just record then did knowing that nothing significant will go wrong in the next 10-11 months of warranty you have left.

Dial indicators are cheap, so is an oil and filter. Will be doing the inspection myself.
0 x

Vmatti
Low Boost
Low Boost

Post by Vmatti » Wed May 02, 2018 7:04 pm

I'm gonna have 1000km service tomorrow and 100% sure they'll do axial play check. No doubt about that.
0 x

H2SX SE with panniers and Vandemon H2R (+Akrapovic)
Ex: ZZR-1400 -12
Ex: Suzuki Hayabusa -08
Ex: Kawasaki Z750 -04

Drnick
Medium Boost
Medium Boost
Bike(s): Too many to list!

Post by Drnick » Wed May 02, 2018 7:36 pm

Boosted, 100% agree with u!... Vmatti,your a very trusting soul😆...I just did it myself,lots of fun😱...For do it yourself guys,there is one hidden push pin😳in front upper fairing,tricky little devil!😜and there is one Allen screw on upper part of air filter housing,that you'll need a "ball end Allen wrench to remove,if not,youll have to remove that side fairing and seat to access that bolt.PS while you have it all apart,u should consider getting a better aftermarket air filter,u wouldn't believe how small in size the OEM filter is!
0 x

Velocitus Eradicus

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik