Hard start

Bike mechanical/electrical modifications and general wrenching advice.
User avatar
Snakes709
Medium Boost
Medium Boost
Posts: 362
Joined: Aug 19th, 2018
Location: Edmonton, AB
Bike(s): 2018 H2 SX SE
x 11
x 101

Re: Hard start

Post by Snakes709 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:43 pm


Jkwan0902 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:25 pm
I know this is an old thread but I don’t know if original poster still has the issue. But the next time u turn the key to the on position. That whining noise is the fuel pump kicking in. Let that whine stop completely before cranking the bike over. Best of luck.
that's not the issue. I always let my fuel pump prime before I crank it. Still did it to me when I first bought the bike. Hasn't done it since.
1 x

User avatar
Kwee
Low Boost
Low Boost
Posts: 129
Joined: Jul 8th, 2018
Location: France
Bike(s): H2 SX SE 2018
x 15
x 37

Re: Hard start

Post by Kwee » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:22 pm


Jkwan0902 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:25 pm
I know this is an old thread but I don’t know if original poster still has the issue. But the next time u turn the key to the on position. That whining noise is the fuel pump kicking in. Let that whine stop completely before cranking the bike over. Best of luck.
Hi, i'm still active. My bike have 8000 km now. And this problem not happen again. I'm more careful with stop and start now. I always let my fuel pump stop before crank it.
1 x

User avatar
Raddy47
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Posts: 77
Joined: Mar 10th, 2019
x 25
x 14

Re: Hard start

Post by Raddy47 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:01 pm


Kwee wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:31 pm
Happen again today, 4000 km on the clock. But this time because i start it 2 times in less than 5 minutes. Only restart after three attempts.
Make sure you are sliding the kill switch all the way up to the “x”. Manual says if not all the way off the on board electronics will continue to draw amps.

I’d be checking my battery with a meter.
0 x

User avatar
Raddy47
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Posts: 77
Joined: Mar 10th, 2019
x 25
x 14

Re: Hard start

Post by Raddy47 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:05 pm


Jkwan0902 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:25 pm
I know this is an old thread but I don’t know if original poster still has the issue. But the next time u turn the key to the on position. That whining noise is the fuel pump kicking in. Let that whine stop completely before cranking the bike over. Best of luck.
This was a big deal on my old 600 with PCIII.
If I started bike right after cutting it off it would take longer to start and if I didn’t let that fuel pump and actuator do it’s thing I would have hell riding. Extreme dive and extreme take off. The throttle would be way off because the timing was off with the fuel. It would flatten out after about 3min of riding.
0 x

User avatar
cOoTeR
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!
Posts: 942
Joined: Dec 15th, 2017
Location: United States
x 89
x 409

Re: Hard start

Post by cOoTeR » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:18 am


Raddy47 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:01 pm
Kwee wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:31 pm
Happen again today, 4000 km on the clock. But this time because i start it 2 times in less than 5 minutes. Only restart after three attempts.
Make sure you are sliding the kill switch all the way up to the “x”. Manual says if not all the way off the on board electronics will continue to draw amps.

I’d be checking my battery with a meter.
What page is that on?
0 x

Stock with airfilter 164whp 84ft.lbs
De-restricted + tuned 213whp 97ft.lbs
Full vandemon exhaust with tune 221whp 99ft.lbs
On Race Fuel 233whp 103ft.lbs

User avatar
Raddy47
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Posts: 77
Joined: Mar 10th, 2019
x 25
x 14

Re: Hard start

Post by Raddy47 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:26 pm


I’ll look when I get home. I read the thing through and through. Took 2 and a half hours as I had to re-read quite a bit for it to make sense.
0 x

User avatar
Champ87
Accelerating
Accelerating
Posts: 331
Joined: Apr 9th, 2018
Location: NW Indiana US
Bike(s): Current bikes: 2018 H2 SX SE, '73 Yamaha RD350, '74 Kawasaki H1E
x 161
x 226

Re: Hard start

Post by Champ87 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:45 pm


Raddy47 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:01 pm
Make sure you are sliding the kill switch all the way up to the “x”. Manual says if not all the way off the on board electronics will continue to draw amps.
The Kill Switch will cut only the fuel pump, injectors and ignition circuits. With Kill Switch Off, all other circuits remain live as long as the Ignition Switch is in the On position.

The headlight won't come alive until the engine is started but, once it is live, it will remain on when the Kill Switch is moved to the Off position.

With Ignition Switch in the Off position the Kill Switch has no effect since it's power source comes through the Ignition Switch.
2 x

Champ87
It's amazing how fast you can go when you take your time.

User avatar
Raddy47
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Posts: 77
Joined: Mar 10th, 2019
x 25
x 14

Re: Hard start

Post by Raddy47 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:08 am


cOoTeR wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:18 am
Raddy47 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:01 pm
Kwee wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:31 pm
Happen again today, 4000 km on the clock. But this time because i start it 2 times in less than 5 minutes. Only restart after three attempts.
Make sure you are sliding the kill switch all the way up to the “x”. Manual says if not all the way off the on board electronics will continue to draw amps.

I’d be checking my battery with a meter.
What page is that on?
Page 98,99 in my owners manual. For SE+
0 x

User avatar
cOoTeR
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!
Posts: 942
Joined: Dec 15th, 2017
Location: United States
x 89
x 409

Re: Hard start

Post by cOoTeR » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:12 pm


Raddy47 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:08 am
cOoTeR wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:18 am
Raddy47 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:01 pm
Kwee wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:31 pm
Happen again today, 4000 km on the clock. But this time because i start it 2 times in less than 5 minutes. Only restart after three attempts.
Make sure you are sliding the kill switch all the way up to the “x”. Manual says if not all the way off the on board electronics will continue to draw amps.

I’d be checking my battery with a meter.
What page is that on?
Page 98,99 in my owners manual. For SE+

Interesting I think that may be a SE+ thing. I only touch that switch to start the bike and just turn the key off. Never had any issues.
0 x

Stock with airfilter 164whp 84ft.lbs
De-restricted + tuned 213whp 97ft.lbs
Full vandemon exhaust with tune 221whp 99ft.lbs
On Race Fuel 233whp 103ft.lbs

Post Reply
meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests