de cat

Bike mechanical/electrical modifications and general wrenching advice.
Drnick
Low Boost
Low Boost
Bike(s): Too many to list!

Re: de cat

Post by Drnick » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:27 pm

I guess no one in the states is doing this mod?
0 x

Velocitus Eradicus

Zdude
Low Boost
Low Boost
Bike(s): 2018 H2SXSE , 2009 Buell Lightning

Post by Zdude » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:46 pm

I most likely will do this mod and do it on the bike but not till next winter. Might order the part this summer but been waiting to ride so not going to mess with it right now - It's Riding Season Finally!!!!! Anybody know how much that part cost in US dollars? I will also have to remove my ECU again and send it back to Vcyclenut for his reflash he has for the system he put together.
0 x

Drnick
Low Boost
Low Boost

Post by Drnick » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:52 am

Zlude, I can’t wait that long, gotta remove that damn cat!
It’s such a damn restriction, plus it’s like an oven cooking the
Bottom of the engine 😜
0 x

Velocitus Eradicus

cOoTeR
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!

Post by cOoTeR » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:58 pm

Drnick wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:52 am
Bottom of the engine 😜
Why do you need someone else to do it first?
0 x

Stock with airfilter 164whp 84ft.lbs
De-restricted + tuned 213whp 97ft.lbs
Full vandemon exhaust with tune 221whp 99ft.lbs
On Race Fuel 233whp 103ft.lbs

Drnick
Low Boost
Low Boost

Post by Drnick » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:39 pm

cOoTeR wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:58 pm
Drnick wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:52 am
Bottom of the engine 😜
Why do you need someone else to do it first?
I’ve done this on many bikes,(removal of cat) but there was always a “plan B”,( available after market exhaust) just in case “plan A” didn’t fullfill my expectations,I’m just surprised that no one in the states hasn’t done this yet.
0 x

Velocitus Eradicus

Zdude
Low Boost
Low Boost

Post by Zdude » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:42 pm

I believe the reason nobody had done the cat removal yet is because the link pipe to replace that section just became available from MTC. Plus the discovery that the ZX10 headers can be utilized thus affording an in-expensive alternative to a slowly developing aftermarket complete system. As of right now the only aftermarket system is Vandomine which is expensive and the exhaust canister doesn't appeal to all, at least it doesn't to me anyway. Now the kit Vcyclenut put together is a very attractive alternative and at least from his dyno charts shows higher HP and torque than a full Vandomine at less than half the cost! I will most likely do the de-cat alteration but I'm not in a hurry and want to ride more than wrench right now.
0 x

Dragonmaster
14.7 psi
14.7 psi
Bike(s): H2 SX SE

Post by Dragonmaster » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:44 pm

Zdude wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:42 pm
I believe the reason nobody had done the cat removal yet is because the link pipe to replace that section just became available from MTC. Plus the discovery that the ZX10 headers can be utilized thus affording an in-expensive alternative to a slowly developing aftermarket complete system. As of right now the only aftermarket system is Vandomine which is expensive and the exhaust canister doesn't appeal to all, at least it doesn't to me anyway. Now the kit Vcyclenut put together is a very attractive alternative and at least from his dyno charts shows higher HP and torque than a full Vandomine at less than half the cost! I will most likely do the de-cat alteration but I'm not in a hurry and want to ride more than wrench right now.
Since the de cat had the bike back at the tuning shop in UK. Now have 226 HP (wheel) thats without raising the stock rev limit on the bike.

Yes if you lift the rev limit to 13000 rpm from stock 12500 rpm you can get 230+ HP but chances are your supercharger or motor will go bang.

Bike is running / breathing much better and is much lighter thanks to cat, exhaust valve removal.
0 x

Dragonmaster
14.7 psi
14.7 psi
Bike(s): H2 SX SE

Post by Dragonmaster » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:46 pm

Drnick wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:27 pm
I guess no one in the states is doing this mod?
You should its easy if your careful and take your time
0 x

Zdude
Low Boost
Low Boost

Post by Zdude » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:27 am

Dragonmaster, did you have a dyno before the de-cat? What was your increase doing De-cat?
0 x

Snakes709
Medium Boost
Medium Boost
Bike(s): 2018 H2 SX SE

Post by Snakes709 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:23 am

Dragonmaster wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:44 pm
Zdude wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:42 pm
Since the de cat had the bike back at the tuning shop in UK. Now have 226 HP (wheel) thats without raising the stock rev limit on the bike.

Yes if you lift the rev limit to 13000 rpm from stock 12500 rpm you can get 230+ HP but chances are your supercharger or motor will go bang.

Bike is running / breathing much better and is much lighter thanks to cat, exhaust valve removal.
There isnt much of a risk going up 500 rpm. Hell brocks goes up 800rpm. Kawasaki always lowers the rpm from what the bike can handle. What im more curious about is where does the power stop. Every dyno i have seen, the power never drops, even with brocks raising it to 13300rpm.
0 x

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik