Who flashed you?

Bike mechanical/electrical modifications and general wrenching advice.
Crown Hill
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged
Bike(s): Zx10r, h2 sx se

Who flashed you?

Post by Crown Hill » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:15 pm

Who flashed your sx se? What did you think of it before and after? Can you tell a difference in the 6000 to 8000 rpm range?
0 x

Zdude
Low Boost
Low Boost
Bike(s): 2018 H2SXSE , 2009 Buell Lightning

Re: Who flashed you?

Post by Zdude » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:10 pm

My SXSE was flashed by forum member Vcyclenut. Before the flash It had abrupt throttle response that I didn't like and did not seem as strong as my 2013 ZX14R that had been flashed by Ivan , with a K&N and full 4 into 1 Ackrapovic pipe, that bike was supposedly "around" 210 RWHP. After Vcyclenut's flash for a Sprint filter and Yosh Alpha slip-on the bike should be around 220-225 RWHP and of course it's lighter than the 14. Seat of pants is it feels stronger than my 14 by a good margin but I can't tell you about the specific 6000 to 8000 range. The bike seems to want to lift the wheel more than my 14, it may be shorter, not sure but the acceleration is deceptive and as the RPM's climb it becomes brutal! Throttle response is now smooth in the "Sport Riding" mode which is the 2nd mode, in "Full Race" mode it is abrupt and powerful, I ride in sport mode nearly 100 %. The 3rd mode is "Fuel Efficiency", have not been there. I'm sure more will chime in with more info.
0 x

Crown Hill
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged

Post by Crown Hill » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:20 pm

Zdude wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:10 pm
My SXSE was flashed by forum member Vcyclenut. Before the flash It had abrupt throttle response that I didn't like and did not seem as strong as my 2013 ZX14R that had been flashed by Ivan , with a K&N and full 4 into 1 Ackrapovic pipe, that bike was supposedly "around" 210 RWHP. After Vcyclenut's flash for a Sprint filter and Yosh Alpha slip-on the bike should be around 220-225 RWHP and of course it's lighter than the 14. Seat of pants is it feels stronger than my 14 by a good margin but I can't tell you about the specific 6000 to 8000 range. The bike seems to want to lift the wheel more than my 14, it may be shorter, not sure but the acceleration is deceptive and as the RPM's climb it becomes brutal! Throttle response is now smooth in the "Sport Riding" mode which is the 2nd mode, in "Full Race" mode it is abrupt and powerful, I ride in sport mode nearly 100 %. The 3rd mode is "Fuel Efficiency", have not been there. I'm sure more will chime in with more info.
I hope more chime in. I was going to go with brocks but I think vcyclenuts might be the best price for performance.
1 x

Thunderdawg
Low Boost
Low Boost
Bike(s): 2018 Ninja H2 SX SE

Post by Thunderdawg » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:45 pm

My ECU was flashed by vcyclenut last summer for a stock exhaust configuration and Sprint P08 F1-85 air filter. As Zdude reported above, the abrupt off to on stock throttle response was much improved. In Sport mode, I went from ~25 mph exiting a traffic circle to AZ go to jail speed in what seemed like 2 seconds. Fuel consumption is very much a function of the right wrist with supercharger. I really enjoyed the difference with the flash. My ECU is on its way back to vcyclenut for an update for the ZX-10 header, new midpipe and SS can.
2 x

Snakes709
Medium Boost
Medium Boost
Bike(s): 2018 H2 SX SE

Post by Snakes709 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:52 pm

I have the woolich racing auto tuner. But there is alot of things i dont know how to do and cant do without a dyno. So vcyclenut is sending me a tune, ill flash it to my ecuo, data log and send him the logs for update. Just want my bike to run better for my climate/elevation and whatnot.
0 x

Crown Hill
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged

Post by Crown Hill » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:27 am

Snakes709 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:52 pm
I have the woolich racing auto tuner. But there is alot of things i dont know how to do and cant do without a dyno. So vcyclenut is sending me a tune, ill flash it to my ecuo, data log and send him the logs for update. Just want my bike to run better for my climate/elevation and whatnot.
My thoughts exactly. I wanted to run the dyno jet power commander 5 with the flashed map in my ECU and on the PC5. That way I can have either one if the pc5 goes out or something. I basically just wanted the auto tuner fuction to adjust for day to day conditions. You have to have the flashed fuel map installed which I hope some one can do. I guess you could just flash it and take it to the dyno. Either way I would like day to day adjustments based on where I am riding and how.
0 x

57x
Accelerating
Accelerating

Post by 57x » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:39 am

I have the vcyclenut zx10r header and mid with an Akra can plus sprint filter. I don't know about the 6-8000 range, but my bike now rolls on a wheelie in medium power setting at half throttle from 4000 RPM. Nothing like before. All the on-off throttle crap it's gone.

Let's face it. Most of the tuners will have similar top hp/torque results. What I find with tuners like Ivan's and vcyclenut is they datalog on the street after being on the dyno and adjust to real world issues. You will never see a half throttle issues at a given RPM on a dyno. I want a bike I can ride, not one that makes 2hp more than the next guy.
4 x

vcyclenut
Medium Boost
Medium Boost

Post by vcyclenut » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:08 pm

Crown Hill wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:27 am
Snakes709 wrote:
My thoughts exactly. I wanted to run the dyno jet power commander 5 with the flashed map in my ECU and on the PC5. That way I can have either one if the pc5 goes out or something. I basically just wanted the auto tuner fuction to adjust for day to day conditions. You have to have the flashed fuel map installed which I hope some one can do. I guess you could just flash it and take it to the dyno. Either way I would like day to day adjustments based on where I am riding and how.

when the bike is properly fueled at all rpm's and throttle postions you dont need to make fueling adjustments. The autotune from power coomander is great in theory not so much in practice. It takes a very specific riding strategy to get good logs with it. The processing speed is not fast enough to keep with all the changing variables when riding normal.

if that is the way you want to go then I would have me flash it and then place the power commander with autotuner. This way it is only making small adjustments and will work much better and you will get all the other benefits of the flash. There is much more then just fuel changes. . I bet you find if you just have me flash the ecu you don't need the power commander and autotune
4 x

Snakes709
Medium Boost
Medium Boost

Post by Snakes709 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:46 pm

Crown Hill wrote:
Snakes709 wrote:
I was originally gonna get a dyno tune at the dealership but they are going out of buiseness. Plus they have never tuned an sx and only one h2. So i feel more comfortable having someone tune it that has expeirence.
1 x

vcyclenut
Medium Boost
Medium Boost

Post by vcyclenut » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:18 pm

Snakes709 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:46 pm
Crown Hill wrote:
Snakes709 wrote:
I was originally gonna get a dyno tune at the dealership but they are going out of buiseness. Plus they have never tuned an sx and only one h2. So i feel more comfortable having someone tune it that has expeirence.

not to talk smack but a regualr dyno tune is not going to give you what my mail in flash is. You may end up with a couple more hp but the overall riding experince is not going to have what my flash does.

Ive spent many hours data logging the bike in real riding conditions to get all rpm's and throttle postions dialed in

i also took the time to develop different throttles and different fuel maps based off of the goal for each mode

a dyno tune almsot evert tuner is going to just go into high power mode make the throttle go to a true 100% and start tuning 100% throttle and do very little for part throttle nor do any tuning of the fly by wire throttle maps.

and for a price point of $250 it reallt is a no brainer
4 x

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik