Has anyone found a steering damper for the H2 SX SE?

Bike mechanical/electrical modifications and general wrenching advice.
cOoTeR
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!

Re: Has anyone found a steering damper for the H2 SX SE?

Post by cOoTeR » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:29 pm

57x wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:43 pm
cOoTeR wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:38 pm
57x wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:18 pm
I tried to install a damper at the lower triple using a fork clamp. I finally gave up as the SE lines are very much in the way. Offsetting the damper out to clear the lines and I didn't have enough damper travel. It may be possible to move the lines around but I wanted to ride eighth my new flash. Maybe another day I'll take it apart again.
Where did you mount the damper to the frame?
I was trying to use the bolt that holds down the front fairing with a spacer. If I have time I will play with making an offset bracket for the damper and make brackets to move the brake/clutch lines away from the lower triple. It seems possible, just some fab work.
The one were doing mounts infront of the gas tank like on the zx10r. We're trying a universal fork mount under the upper triple tree. If that doesn't work my friend is going to fab a mount.
0 x

Stock with airfilter 164whp 84ft.lbs
De-restricted + tuned 213whp 97ft.lbs
Full vandemon exhaust with tune 221whp 99ft.lbs
On Race Fuel 233whp 103ft.lbs

Raddy47
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged

Post by Raddy47 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:51 pm

I got in touch with GPR last week. Randy Norman told me this..
“Sorry it would take a lot of cutting of the oem plastic to make a rotary damper work on that bike.

We have looked at it in the past but I don’t think anyone would want to do that to that bike.”

I told him I agreed. But that was before getting to 164 and wobbling. I’ll cut the hell out of whatever to get a great stabilizer.
0 x

cOoTeR
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!

Post by cOoTeR » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:18 am

Raddy47 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:51 pm
“Sorry it would take a lot of cutting of the oem plastic to make a rotary damper work on that bike.

We have looked at it in the past but I don’t think anyone would want to do that to that bike.”

I told him I agreed. But that was before getting to 164 and wobbling. I’ll cut the hell out of whatever to get a great stabilizer.
The fork mount I bought was advertised as a 50mm and supposed to be here Friday the 15th. It arrived today (the 18th) and was a 54mm :bash: . Really pisses me off because I entered a 1/2 mile event coming up on the 30th that requires a damper.

But on a good note if the fork mount had been the correct/ advertised size my setup will work with a small spacer. I ordered another fork mount, hopefully it's the correct size otherwise I'm going to have to cobble together a temporary set up.

I'll post a picture of where I'm at so far. Hopefully some greedy A-hole doesn't steal the design for profit.
Attachments
26443.jpeg
1 x

Stock with airfilter 164whp 84ft.lbs
De-restricted + tuned 213whp 97ft.lbs
Full vandemon exhaust with tune 221whp 99ft.lbs
On Race Fuel 233whp 103ft.lbs

Raddy47
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged

Post by Raddy47 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:42 am

cOoTeR wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:18 am
Raddy47 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:51 pm

The fork mount I bought was advertised as a 50mm and supposed to be here Friday the 15th. It arrived today (the 18th) and was a 54mm :bash: . Really pisses me off because I entered a 1/2 mile event coming up on the 30th that requires a damper.

But on a good note if the fork mount had been the correct/ advertised size my setup will work with a small spacer. I ordered another fork mount, hopefully it's the correct size otherwise I'm going to have to cobble together a temporary set up.

I'll post a picture of where I'm at so far. Hopefully some greedy A-hole doesn't steal the design for profit.
Keep at it friendo. And keep us updated. I’m waiting with anticipation
1 x

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik