lowering riding pegs

Bike aesthetic/mechanical/electrical modifications and general wrenching advice.
Zdude
Low Boost
Low Boost
Bike(s): 2018 H2SXSE , 2009 Buell Lightning

Re: lowering riding pegs

Post by Zdude » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:22 pm

Really like your seat Keith, what brand or who reupholstered it?
0 x

keith zx
Low Boost
Low Boost
Bike(s): sx1000

Post by keith zx » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:25 am

the seat is a top SELLERIE comfort seat ordered it online from france I think , just took it off my bike getting it ready to part ex , wish it would fit the h2 a have three main concerns with the h2 , one is the standard seat , the hieght of the riders pegs and how good the wind protection is . I came off a bmw 1600 gt sport before I bought the sx , the bmw was absolutely brilliant so comfortable , changed the sport screen (as they are no good at all might as well take it off) for the zetech could ride at 130 mph no wind and still hear the radio, problem with the bmw was it weighed a ton, and if they go wrong cost a fortune .so the sx was a good compromise for me. all being well will be on an h2 se or standard in a couple of weeks .
0 x

Zdude
Low Boost
Low Boost
Bike(s): 2018 H2SXSE , 2009 Buell Lightning

Post by Zdude » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:54 pm

You might be able to take a picture of that seat and send your H2SX seat to Sargent in Florida and have them replicate it for you, they are very good but the place in France would be better if they do that. It is going to be a tough task to match the BMW's comfort but H2SX performance probably could never be matched by the Beemer with out REAL magic .
0 x

keith zx
Low Boost
Low Boost

Post by keith zx » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:43 pm

top SELLERIE don't have a seat for the sx h2 yet , but if you send them a seat they will do what ever style you want , the comfort seat was a massive improvement for me on the sx , if the deal goes through for the new sx h2 think I will try and get a spare seat from e bay then send it to top SELLERIE to get it reworked , there are seats on ebay .,
0 x

keith zx
Low Boost
Low Boost

Post by keith zx » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:48 pm

just a note this may work, removed my Chinese lowered pegs from my sx to day ,when I bought them from e bay ,I got the adjustable 40 mm to 50 mm , I also got a separate 30 mm link bar , I have been riding for the last year on the 40 mm lowered ones , I think these will fit the sx h2 , cant see why not , if so they do they will be going on, only £25.00 from e bay, but like some people say don't put cheap stuff on an expensive bike , so I could buy the same lowering kits from the uk dealers but they charge £65.00 for the same kits !!!
0 x

Gadus
Low Boost
Low Boost
Bike(s): H2 SX SE

Post by Gadus » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:04 am

Will the lowered pegs be at the same level as the stock pegs with the pins (ground feelers) installed?
0 x

keith zx
Low Boost
Low Boost

Post by keith zx » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:07 am

don't have ground feelers on them, they are solid aluminium with no rubber on the top , I have the 40 mm on my sx never had an issue with grounding , but can lower them 30 mm 40mm or 50 mm , the other good point is that if you need to move the angle of the pegs to suite you better they rotate , loads on ebay for the price you cant be robbed , I have had these on my past zzr 1400's and my sx with no issues i'll see if I can find one of the links on e bay
0 x

keith zx
Low Boost
Low Boost

Post by keith zx » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:10 am

0 x

keith zx
Low Boost
Low Boost

Post by keith zx » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:35 am

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Multi-Positi ... 2abe0246fb

found the ones I bought they don't list the sx h2 , cant be 100% but they look the same to me ,
0 x

Gadus
Low Boost
Low Boost
Bike(s): H2 SX SE

Post by Gadus » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:00 pm

Yes, I know there are no feelers on the lowering pegs. But the stock pegs on my H2 SX SE have ground feeelers, an they touch the ground now and then.

I think if you lower the pegs 50 mm, you will touch the ground very often.....
0 x

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik