2022 Akrapovic Exhaust

Bike aesthetic/mechanical/electrical modifications and general wrenching advice.
Philip Morgan
Starting Engine
Starting Engine
Bike(s): BMW K1, BMW R90S, BMW HP2 Sport, BMW R1200GSA, BMW K1300S

2022 Akrapovic Exhaust

Post by Philip Morgan » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:25 pm

I ordered the Performance Pack with my 2022 SX SE i.e. including the Black Akrapovic exhaust.

It wasn't available when I collected the bike around 8 weeks ago but on a visit to the UK last week, it had just arrived and I picked it up and brought it back here to fit.

It looks reasonably good but it is big. Not as bulky as the standard exhaust but it's still big.
IMG_8661.jpg
I thought it would be similar to the Akrapovic that I had on my K1300S but that had a Titanium finish and was much lighter. The new exhaust comes with a catalytuc converter and the blurb says it doesn't meet type approval if it isn't fitted, but I left it out anyway. Minus the Cat it weighs in at 5Kg which is a saving of about 2.3Kg over the stock item.

The exhaust note is hardly any different from stock.

It's a little bit fiddly to fit. Removing he stock exhaust just requires loosening the clamp holding the exhaust to the link pipe, and removing the bolt holding it to the hanger. The Akrapovic has a link pipe which fits over the Cat - assuming you fit it which I didn't - and you need to clamp this to the exhaust at the right angle so the 3 bolts which hold the Carbon Fibre cover line up. the other end of the link pipe is clamped on where the stock exhaust was clamped on. Best thing is to leave the clamps relatively loose until you've got the CF cover in place and then tighten them up.

I'm not sure whether I'll keep this on the bike. I have a Brock's Predator slip on on order which should arrive by the end of the month and I suspect that even with the DB killer in place it may make a nicer sound than the Akrapovic. I also expect it to be quite a bit lighter.
0 x

rmd208
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged

Re: 2022 Akrapovic Exhaust

Post by rmd208 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:00 pm

Looks amazing, sad to hear that its similar to stock sound though even with cat converter out... I feel like the new model is significantly quieter than previous years.
0 x

drcookie
Supersharged!
Supersharged!
Bike(s): 2022 H2 SX SE

Re: 2022 Akrapovic Exhaust

Post by drcookie » Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:39 am

I am hoping Yoshimura would come out with R77 that fits 2022 soon.
0 x

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik