INTERCOOLER

Bike aesthetic/mechanical/electrical modifications and general wrenching advice.
JohnA
Starting Engine
Starting Engine
Bike(s): Z H2

Re: INTERCOOLER

Post by JohnA » Sat May 14, 2022 9:09 am

So was intercooling worth it in the end?
There is also an Australian company selling a similar water/air intercooler, where you modify the plenum yourself.
0 x

Vex
Supercharged!
Supercharged!
Bike(s): 2018 H2 SX SE, 2011 ZX-6R, 2017 Z125

Post by Vex » Sat May 14, 2022 3:48 pm

Even if you aren't stage 1 or 2, yes the intercooler is worth it. 100%. There are tons of videos showing H2's and the differences. It's insane.

If you're talking about Extreme Creations, they have 2 kits. A new Hybrid kit, around 2k USD, that's a bolt on, but not as good at cooling, and their regular kit which is around 4k USD that is a fully welded plenum.

Their full kit is similar to Yager's, but with much more spit and polish...and twice the price. At one point, they also had an issue with airflow where it couldn't pass more air through and you basically flatlined at the top. It may be fixed now, but I don't know anyone that's tried. Almost everyone I know uses Yager's because it's cheaper and has proven itself time and again.
0 x

2018 H2 SX SE
Brock's Penta Exhaust
Block Off Plates
DNA Filter
Stage 2 SC
Tuned by 2WDW
S1 Dyno: 242whp/106ftlbs
S2 Dyno: TBD

JohnA
Starting Engine
Starting Engine
Bike(s): Z H2

Post by JohnA » Sat May 14, 2022 6:26 pm

Just ordered the extreme creations intercooler.

They only had one on their website for the ZH2.

I think it is a *must* before delving in the ECU. The charge temps are excessive even in stock form, I think Kawa dropped the ball here.. 65C over ambient is dangerous (saw this yesterday)
0 x

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik