Rear Shock Exchange

Bike aesthetic/mechanical/electrical modifications and general wrenching advice.
Matt21385
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged
Bike(s): Kawasaki Ninja H2 SX SE

Rear Shock Exchange

Post by Matt21385 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:59 pm

Hi all,

I have a Nitron rear shock on order, as my standard shock has no rebound whatsoever as it has lost its gas. I have read the workshop manual and it says to lift the rear wheel using slings at a certain point. Is this still required if the bike has a centre stand? Going by the manual it seems straight forward is this really the case?

Thanks
0 x

prettybirdSE
High Boost
High Boost
Bike(s): 2020 Ninja H2SE+

Re: Rear Shock Exchange

Post by prettybirdSE » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:14 pm

On my 2015 H2 I did remoce the rear shock without slings.I used a rear stand through the hub,and a floor jack to support the shock yoke then removed the bolts and such.
Pretty sure you can do it like this on this bike...virtually the same setup shockwise.You might be able to have it on the centerstand.But you will need to support the swingarm when removing the shock.A jack under there?Wood 2X4's?
1 x

Matt21385
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged
Bike(s): Kawasaki Ninja H2 SX SE

Post by Matt21385 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:24 pm

prettybirdSE wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:14 pm
On my 2015 H2 I did remoce the rear shock without slings.I used a rear stand through the hub,and a floor jack to support the shock yoke then removed the bolts and such.
Pretty sure you can do it like this on this bike...virtually the same setup shockwise.You might be able to have it on the centerstand.But you will need to support the swingarm when removing the shock.A jack under there?Wood 2X4's?
Thanks for the response
0 x

prettybirdSE
High Boost
High Boost
Bike(s): 2020 Ninja H2SE+

Post by prettybirdSE » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:58 am

Y/W.
If anyone else here has done this hopefully they'll chime in.Only thing is...the centerstand MAY be in the way...IDK. If so,then you might have to resort to getting a pitbull stand(or something equal) with the pin for the axle.I'm pretty sure they make those pins for the SX.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=htt ... AdAAAAABAD

Select 'Model' in the dropdown.
1 x

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik