New Owner - UK

Bike aesthetic/mechanical/electrical modifications and general wrenching advice.
kyoshi
14.7 psi
14.7 psi
Bike(s): Ninja H2 SX

Re: New Owner - UK

Post by kyoshi » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:14 pm

All sorted!!

Managed to do it without taking off the nose...

Removed the side fairing..
top cover
slackened to nose cone and removed the mirror and screen

found the connector and pulled it through.

Found the fuse which a new bike! 7.5amp was blown!

replaced the fuse and connected the charger all sorted..

Cheers for all the help all
0 x

Matt21385
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged
Bike(s): Kawasaki Ninja H2 SX SE

Post by Matt21385 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:08 pm

Champ87 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:11 pm
Might be a bit late with this response but here’s some information.

Image below was cropped from a photo of the front end wiring on my SE. It shows the Accessory Socket with Brown and Black/Yellow wires. Those wires become White/Black and Black/Yellow on the other side of the connector that hooks it into the Main Harness.
kyoshi wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:05 pm
I think I managed to find the connector which was slotted into a blank. Too some doing to dig this out of the wiring loom!
However when running a volt meter to it and ignition on and engine running even I get no reading. Connected it and nothing.
The Accessory Socket is switched via a relay to provide power only when ignition is on. Check to see if you have the relay – it should be there, even on the SX. The Accessory Relay is located under the tank just behind the steering head. Don’t be misled by the relay you see in the photo – that one is for cornering lights which the SX doesn’t have anyway.
kyoshi wrote:
Not sure if this goes back to the fuse box and needs to be fused anywhere?
Accessory circuit is protected by Fuse 1 in Fuse Block 2 located under the rear seat.
kyoshi wrote:
Getting to the point of doing exactly what was mentioned. Straight wiring this to a switched live via in-line fuse something like the rear light - brake light?
That shouldn’t be necessary. The bike already has the wiring, the relay and fuse needed for a switched outlet. Adding your own wiring only makes sense if you want an outlet in a different location or you want an accessory socket that is permanently powered.
Hi mate, require your help again lol.

I am adding the quad lock phone charger to the stem mount which I want to leave plugged in. I'm assuming the best wiring to use is the one coming from the auxiliary socket on the dash heading to the relay below the tank? If so, what is the best way to connect to this? Can I just splice into the positive wire heading from the relay to the dash mounted socket and put the negative to a ground frame fixing? Also, do I still require an in-line fuse or does the fuse before the relay protect it? Sorry, I have limited knowledge on this.

Thanks
0 x

Champ87
Supercharged!
Supercharged!
Bike(s): Current bikes: 2018 H2 SX SE, '73 Yamaha RD350, '74 Kawasaki H1E

Post by Champ87 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:15 am

Matt21385 wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:08 pm
I'm assuming the best wiring to use is the one coming from the auxiliary socket on the dash heading to the relay below the tank?
Yes, if you want the charger to turn on/off with the ignition. A phone charger will usually draw less than 1 amp so shouldn't present a problem for the existing accessory circuit.
Matt21385 wrote:
If so, what is the best way to connect to this? Can I just splice into the positive wire heading from the relay to the dash mounted socket and put the negative to a ground frame fixing?
You could either splice into the accessory socket wires in the nose or you could connect to the wires at the accessory relay under the tank.

If you splice into the accessory socket, then your switched 12V will come from the brown wire as described in this post earlier in this thread. You could connect the Black/Yellow ground wire here too, or you could attach it to a suitable ground point on the frame.

When I added wiring for my radar detector, I connected at the accessory relay under the tank as described in this post. If you choose to connect there, the 12V switched supply is the White/Black wire.
Matt21385 wrote:
Also, do I still require an in-line fuse or does the fuse before the relay protect it?
If you connect to the existing switched 12V as described abovew, then it's protected by the existing accessory circuit fuse under the rear seat.
2 x

Champ87
It's amazing how fast you can go when you take your time.

Matt21385
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged
Bike(s): Kawasaki Ninja H2 SX SE

Post by Matt21385 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:21 am

Champ87 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:15 am
Matt21385 wrote:
I'm assuming the best wiring to use is the one coming from the auxiliary socket on the dash heading to the relay below the tank?
Yes, if you want the charger to turn on/off with the ignition. A phone charger will usually draw less than 1 amp so shouldn't present a problem for the existing accessory circuit.
Matt21385 wrote:
If so, what is the best way to connect to this? Can I just splice into the positive wire heading from the relay to the dash mounted socket and put the negative to a ground frame fixing?
You could either splice into the accessory socket wires in the nose or you could connect to the wires at the accessory relay under the tank.

If you splice into the accessory socket, then your switched 12V will come from the brown wire as described in this post earlier in this thread. You could connect the Black/Yellow ground wire here too, or you could attach it to a suitable ground point on the frame.

When I added wiring for my radar detector, I connected at the accessory relay under the tank as described in this post. If you choose to connect there, the 12V switched supply is the White/Black wire.
Matt21385 wrote:
Also, do I still require an in-line fuse or does the fuse before the relay protect it?
If you connect to the existing switched 12V as described abovew, then it's protected by the existing accessory circuit fuse under the rear seat.
Thanks again for the very informative response. You are a credit to this site :cool:
0 x

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik