Fog Light Kits

Bike aesthetic/mechanical/electrical modifications and general wrenching advice.
Bryan468
Supercharged!
Supercharged!

Re: Fog Light Kits

Post by Bryan468 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:09 pm

The mounts should be back from anodizing in a week or two, I’m currently working on making switch housings, and I hope to start working on wiring harnesses this week.

Here’s a couple pictures of the switch housing.

2 x

Vcyclenut ecu flash, zx10 header, pair valve delete, sprint filter, ABM bars, turbo smart bov, Scotts steering damper, Adams extended swing arm, integrated tail light, tail section block off panels, water meth injection, oil catch can, e85 cont. analyzer

bw03
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged

Post by bw03 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:04 am

Looking good. Hoping the final price for the kit is on the lower end of the range you gave.
0 x

Nanny100
Bike(s): 3T Bikes

Post by Nanny100 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:52 am

Bryan468 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:16 pm
I have a few new projects for the H2SX planned for this winter and fog light kits are at the top of the list.

The first time I rode this bike at night I noticed there was some room for improvement with the lighting. Considering that the SX has just one headlight it is reasonably bright but it still doesn’t provide the amount of light I’d like to have to ride comfortably at night.

My goal with these kits is to provide a significant improvement to overall light output and visibility while maintaining a clean inconspicuous look with the mounting setup.

This is the prototype setup. The mounts you see here are 3D printed and will look a little different from the production mounts. The mounts, bolts, and spacers will all be black on the production kits. The lights have a high and low beam and come in 6000k (bright blue) and 3000k (yellow). The kits will also include a wiring harness and high/low beam switch. I’m working on a couple different mounting locations for the switch.

I expect that I will have kits ready in 1-2 months. I think the price will be between $300-$400. If this is something you’re interested in let me know what color you’d like and I will get a list started.

Nice night bro, but in that position it can shake when riding in unpaved areas or accidentally run into bumps right?
I put mine under the headlights, with bracket. :cool:
0 x

Bryan468
Supercharged!
Supercharged!

Post by Bryan468 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:53 pm

Nanny100 wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:52 am
Bryan468 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:16 pm
I have a few new projects for the H2SX planned for this winter and fog light kits are at the top of the list.

The first time I rode this bike at night I noticed there was some room for improvement with the lighting. Considering that the SX has just one headlight it is reasonably bright but it still doesn’t provide the amount of light I’d like to have to ride comfortably at night.

My goal with these kits is to provide a significant improvement to overall light output and visibility while maintaining a clean inconspicuous look with the mounting setup.

This is the prototype setup. The mounts you see here are 3D printed and will look a little different from the production mounts. The mounts, bolts, and spacers will all be black on the production kits. The lights have a high and low beam and come in 6000k (bright blue) and 3000k (yellow). The kits will also include a wiring harness and high/low beam switch. I’m working on a couple different mounting locations for the switch.

I expect that I will have kits ready in 1-2 months. I think the price will be between $300-$400. If this is something you’re interested in let me know what color you’d like and I will get a list started.

Nice night bro, but in that position it can shake when riding in unpaved areas or accidentally run into bumps right?
I put mine under the headlights, with bracket. :cool:
I did look at mounting the lights under the front fairing and headlight but they didn’t look good under the headlight and there wasn’t enough room to mount them under the front fairing with a bracket that allowed for up and down adjustment.

During the testing I’ve done with the lights even with a 3D printed bracket I didn’t notice any vibrating or shaking. A very common mounting location for fog lights on bikes is on the side of the front fender which actually uses the same part of the fork as my setup.

If you look at the difference between using a fender bolt vs my setup to mount a light you can see mine is much stronger. Also with my setup the lights are tucked in and lower to the ground which helps light the road up better without having to run them at as much of a downward angle.

2 x

Vcyclenut ecu flash, zx10 header, pair valve delete, sprint filter, ABM bars, turbo smart bov, Scotts steering damper, Adams extended swing arm, integrated tail light, tail section block off panels, water meth injection, oil catch can, e85 cont. analyzer

Nanny100
Bike(s): 3T Bikes

Post by Nanny100 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:18 am

I forgot to mention that I have smaller fog lights than yours so it fits perfectly with bracket under the headlight.

but if you say that it's not shaking, good for you bro. if it works it works right? :cheer:
0 x

Bryan468
Supercharged!
Supercharged!

Post by Bryan468 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:53 am

I have a couple updates.

I have received the mounts from anodizing and I have finalized the design of the wiring harnesses.

I will be ordering the necessary parts to make a batch of the wiring harnesses on Monday.

Here are a couple pictures of the mounts after anodizing. I think they turned out really good.

2 x

saxtalia
Starting Engine
Starting Engine
Bike(s): H2 SX SE 2019

Post by saxtalia » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:33 am

Hi Bryan. I would be interested in the lights that you are showing.
I bought some other led lights but they are too bulky and they look ugly. Also, the place that you found with that harness is awesome.
I definitely agree with you that the main light is lacking in power and the visibility is not very good at night. I also would love to change the cornering light led to a more powerful version but that may be more complicated.

Anyway, let me know when you may have them ready and you can count me in for a pair in black. Probably between the 5k to 5.5k range as Vex was saying. I would use them as additional lights. Would you be able to help also with a wiring diagram to connect them properly so they work with the ignition?

Thank you so much.
0 x

Bryan468
Supercharged!
Supercharged!

Post by Bryan468 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:36 am

saxtalia wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:33 am
Hi Bryan. I would be interested in the lights that you are showing.
I bought some other led lights but they are too bulky and they look ugly. Also, the place that you found with that harness is awesome.
I definitely agree with you that the main light is lacking in power and the visibility is not very good at night. I also would love to change the cornering light led to a more powerful version but that may be more complicated.

Anyway, let me know when you may have them ready and you can count me in for a pair in black. Probably between the 5k to 5.5k range as Vex was saying. I would use them as additional lights. Would you be able to help also with a wiring diagram to connect them properly so they work with the ignition?

Thank you so much.

I will add you to the list. The lights will only be available in 6k blue or 3k yellow. In order to customize the color I would have to order 500 sets!

When the kits are done I will include detailed instructions for the complete installation of the kit. Turning the ignition on will provide power to the high low beam switch which will allow you to turn the lights on.
1 x

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik