Manifold replacement

Bike aesthetic/mechanical/electrical modifications and general wrenching advice.
Vex
Medium Boost
Medium Boost
Bike(s): 2018 H2 SX SE, 2011 ZX-6R, 2017 Z125

Re: Manifold replacement

Post by Vex » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:42 pm

100% yes.
0 x

2018 H2 SX SE
2017 Z125 Pro
2011 ZX-6R

benja
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged
Bike(s): H2SX

Post by benja » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:01 pm

I agree ECU remap is mandatory if i change all the exhaust including the manifold especially with ZX10R and removing air recycling system.
If i remove the cat and use a decat tube. Is it mandatory to do it or the ECU can calculate correctly ?
I saw a lot of connector (O2 sensor, valve) ? is it okay to mount a tube for decat and ecu will not produce any fault message ? What can i do about the sensor and valve command ?
0 x

--
In the Ninja we trust :D
Cheers from France !

vcyclenut
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!

Post by vcyclenut » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:08 pm

you emailed me and I typed out a response and the email bounced back to me as the email address you put in was invalid

so here are my answers

hello

i would not change the header without remapping,

i do not know if the akrapovic exhaust will fit the zx10 header

shipping to france would be very expensive, you should source the header there
0 x

Champ87
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!
Bike(s): Current bikes: 2018 H2 SX SE, '73 Yamaha RD350, '74 Kawasaki H1E

Post by Champ87 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:19 pm

benja wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:01 pm
I saw a lot of connector (O2 sensor, valve) ? is it okay to mount a tube for decat and ecu will not produce any fault message ? What can i do about the sensor and valve command ?
You will get an error code if you disconnect the O2 Sensor and Exhaust Valve. To stop this happening you must disable them in the ECU settings. Your tuner can do this for you.

Screenshot Advanced Settings.jpg
0 x

Champ87
It's amazing how fast you can go when you take your time.

benja
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged

Post by benja » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:07 am

vcyclenut wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:08 pm
you emailed me and I typed out a response and the email bounced back to me as the email address you put in was invalid

so here are my answers

hello

i would not change the header without remapping,

i do not know if the akrapovic exhaust will fit the zx10 header

shipping to france would be very expensive, you should source the header there
Oh, thank you and sorry for my email !
I don't understand, i use the same than the forum or used everyday. Please check for the newsletter if you can administrate your site backend.
benj29 at free DOT fr

Just could you reply me on these points :
- do you sell the spacers, the decat tube alone and the ECU mapping ?
- could you confirm exactly the reference needed ? I found several manifold, but the reference seems to be for ZX10R between 2011 to 2015 ? Agree ?
- in the case of do I need to buy a decat tube with the ZX10R header alors on which diameter (if you sell me just the spacer) ? In this case, i need to check the diameter for my exhaust ?
- has I understand, the only solution which I have is to umount my ECU, send you, if you want, sell me the spacer, decat

I found Weelich Products...
- 500€ for the diagbox and software.
- 120€ for the tuning features by themselves including mapping.
- what is the interest to mount a large O2 sensor ? in the opposite, why removing it is not a trouble for the ECU and the motor ? Is it the same as lambda sensor for car ? (in this case, it is mandatory for air recycling catalyser but if you remove it, you don't need it, true ?)

I found in the second hand website (like ebay for everyone) a lot of manifold for ZX10R 2011/2015. Seems to be the same for 2015/2020 which can avoid break of manifold in the last generation.
Price between 50/100€ (60 up to 120 dollars).
I ask several dealers to send me the diameter on the motor side and on the decat tube side.
I will check my akra connexion.

Once again, many thanks for all of you !
0 x

--
Cheers from France !

vcyclenut
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!

Post by vcyclenut » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:01 pm

Oh, thank you and sorry for my email !
I don't understand, i use the same than the forum or used everyday. Please check for the newsletter if you can administrate your site backend.
benj29 at free DOT fr

Just could you reply me on these points :
- do you sell the spacers, the decat tube alone and the ECU mapping ?

i sell all of it but to ship most of it to you is cost inhibitive. The spacers are $50 and i could ship them back with your ecu. I can flash your ecu its $250 but you have to pay for shipping to and from me. You also must accept that if by chance there is an issue you are paying to ship it back and forth again. I dont like flashing ecu's from europe for the simple fact if there is an issue its expensive and takes to long to fix. Issues are pretty rare but its a remote flash using a computer so sometimes things happen.

- could you confirm exactly the reference needed ? I found several manifold, but the reference seems to be for ZX10R between 2011 to 2015 ? Agree ?

yes 2011-2015 stock header and an aftermarket decat pipe for the same bike

- in the case of do I need to buy a decat tube with the ZX10R header alors on which diameter (if you sell me just the spacer) ? In this case, i need to check the diameter for my exhaust ?

yes see answer above

- has I understand, the only solution which I have is to umount my ECU, send you, if you want, sell me the spacer, decat.

Im not the only one that can flash your ecu

I found Weelich Products...
- 500€ for the diagbox and software.
- 120€ for the tuning features by themselves including mapping.
- what is the interest to mount a large O2 sensor ? in the opposite, why removing it is not a trouble for the ECU and the motor ? Is it the same as lambda sensor for car ? (in this case, it is mandatory for air recycling catalyser but if you remove it, you don't need it, true ?)

stock o2 sensor is narrow band aftermarket is wideband, totally different

I
0 x

benja
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged

Post by benja » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:14 pm

Thanks for your reply vcyclenut.

If i buy you just the spacer, what is the price ? Shipping cost is 30/40dollars.
Seeing USPS website, the price is not so expensive. I bought a lot of things with Ebay using this service...

https://postcalc.usps.com/Calculator/Ma ... =12&dvi=30

https://i.imgur.com/zm5T2gH.png

Maybe you have another service as UPS or DHL.
I'm thinking that spacers will not take too much place.

In this case, if I bought the system to load the map from my ECU and send you, could you make the mapping directly ?
0 x

--
Cheers from France !

vcyclenut
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!

Post by vcyclenut » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:51 pm

the spacers are $50, it does say that in my last answer

no , those are the 3 most use

if you bought the entire kit with wideband controller we could do a remote tune where you send me logs
0 x

benja
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged

Post by benja » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:27 pm

OK, sorry. My question is what is your price of spacers including shipping cost ?

Second question, if i bought the system without O2 sensor, what is your price if i can send you the map extracted from my ecu to remapping for ZX10R manifold ? In this case, i don't need to send you the ECU despite of hypothetical trouble with shipment...

Thanks again !
0 x

--
Cheers from France !

vcyclenut
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!

Post by vcyclenut » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:55 pm

pretty hard to answer accurately without all your shipping info and how you want me to send it , but figure around $35 if that is all im sending

I dont sell my files so that is not an option
0 x

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik