Checklists for 600 and 7200 Mile Servicing

Bike aesthetic/mechanical/electrical modifications and general wrenching advice.
User avatar
FroschRider
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Posts: 58
Joined: Apr 23rd, 2020
Location: Germany
Bike(s): H2SXSE
x 1
x 8

Re: 7200 Mile Service pricing

Post by FroschRider » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:15 am


Prof J wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:26 am
What's the price your dealerships are charging for the 7200 mile service? By the time I get to 7200, this fall, all my tools will be in storage. The dealership I purchased from, is about 144 miles away, and say the charge is about $325, perhaps a little higher.
12000 km - 400 Euro, 24000 km - 900 Euro.
0 x

User avatar
ggreen
14.7 psi
14.7 psi
Posts: 16
Joined: Jun 17th, 2020
Location: ohio
x 17
x 7

Re: Checklists for 600 and 7200 Mile Servicing

Post by ggreen » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:57 am


FroschRider wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:18 pm
Image
Sorry in advance if you have answered this somewhere else on the site,I've read most of the posts about finding these bearings with,shall we say,lack of grease,so did you repack these before this service,or is this the first time you've looked at them? From the history I've read on these,mine should make it to at least the first tire change,which I am planning on repacking them properly,regardless. But this pic doesnt look to to dry for a 7200 service?
0 x

User avatar
FroschRider
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Posts: 58
Joined: Apr 23rd, 2020
Location: Germany
Bike(s): H2SXSE
x 1
x 8

Re: Checklists for 600 and 7200 Mile Servicing

Post by FroschRider » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:10 pm


ggreen wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:57 am
FroschRider wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:18 pm
Image
Sorry in advance if you have answered this somewhere else on the site,I've read most of the posts about finding these bearings with,shall we say,lack of grease,so did you repack these before this service,or is this the first time you've looked at them? From the history I've read on these,mine should make it to at least the first tire change,which I am planning on repacking them properly,regardless. But this pic doesnt look to to dry for a 7200 service?
I have only 20000 km. And this is Grease from
Factory. 20000 km is too much as Interval.
2 x

User avatar
Vex
Accelerating
Accelerating
Posts: 291
Joined: Sep 8th, 2019
Location: Seattle
Bike(s): 2018 H2 SX SE, 2011 ZX-6R, 2017 Z125
x 159
x 96

Re: Checklists for 600 and 7200 Mile Servicing

Post by Vex » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:30 pm


ggreen wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:57 am
Sorry in advance if you have answered this somewhere else on the site,I've read most of the posts about finding these bearings with,shall we say,lack of grease,so did you repack these before this service,or is this the first time you've looked at them? From the history I've read on these,mine should make it to at least the first tire change,which I am planning on repacking them properly,regardless. But this pic doesnt look to to dry for a 7200 service?
I had the dealer inspect mine at 3600mi, when I had them swap my tires and install Brock's ceramic bearings. They said there wasn't enough grease from the factory. Seems to vary
1 x

2018 H2 SX SE
2017 Z125 Pro
2011 ZX-6R

User avatar
FroschRider
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Posts: 58
Joined: Apr 23rd, 2020
Location: Germany
Bike(s): H2SXSE
x 1
x 8

Re: Checklists for 600 and 7200 Mile Servicing

Post by FroschRider » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:28 pm


Vex wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:30 pm
ggreen wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:57 am
Sorry in advance if you have answered this somewhere else on the site,I've read most of the posts about finding these bearings with,shall we say,lack of grease,so did you repack these before this service,or is this the first time you've looked at them? From the history I've read on these,mine should make it to at least the first tire change,which I am planning on repacking them properly,regardless. But this pic doesnt look to to dry for a 7200 service?
I had the dealer inspect mine at 3600mi, when I had them swap my tires and install Brock's ceramic bearings. They said there wasn't enough grease from the factory. Seems to vary

I will lubricate every 10000 km and then, also ceramic
1 x

User avatar
Pud1
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged
Posts: 39
Joined: Feb 21st, 2019
Location: Calgary
Bike(s): 2018 H2 SX Se
x 11

Re: Checklists for 600 and 7200 Mile Servicing

Post by Pud1 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:14 pm


As far as re-greasing the rear roller bearing, what grease should we use on this?
Some of the main criteria for this grease should be: synthetic, water resistant, and high temp.
Anyone out there who has done this before?
0 x

User avatar
FroschRider
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Posts: 58
Joined: Apr 23rd, 2020
Location: Germany
Bike(s): H2SXSE
x 1
x 8

Re: Checklists for 600 and 7200 Mile Servicing

Post by FroschRider » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:44 pm


Image
0 x

User avatar
Champ87
Medium Boost
Medium Boost
Posts: 562
Joined: Apr 9th, 2018
Location: NW Indiana US
Bike(s): Current bikes: 2018 H2 SX SE, '73 Yamaha RD350, '74 Kawasaki H1E
x 224
x 431

Re: Checklists for 600 and 7200 Mile Servicing

Post by Champ87 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:08 am


Pud1 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:14 pm
As far as re-greasing the rear roller bearing, what grease should we use on this?
Some of the main criteria for this grease should be: synthetic, water resistant, and high temp.
Anyone out there who has done this before?
There's a whole thread on inspecting and greasing the rear wheel bearings including a pdf guide giving a step-by-step description. That guide is also listed in the sticky containing useful help and links.

For grease, Mobil1 XHP222 or other manufacturer’s equivalent would be a good choice. I used Bel-Ray Waterproof Grease.
3 x

Champ87
It's amazing how fast you can go when you take your time.

Post Reply
meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 49 guests