Zeitronix ethanol content analyzer

Bike aesthetic/mechanical/electrical modifications and general wrenching advice.
Bryan468
Accelerating
Accelerating

Zeitronix ethanol content analyzer

Post by Bryan468 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:49 am

This spring I had vcyclenut put a couple e85 maps on my ecu. One of the questions I asked was how important is it to run e85 because around here our e85 can be anywhere from 50-85% ethanol. The answer was it’s important to run e85 due to the extra timing.

So rather than being paranoid about what the ethanol content of my fuel is or having to go home and test the fuel every time I fill up I decided to install a ethanol content analyzer from Zeitronix.

I went with their dual display gauge that displays ethanol content and fuel temperature along with the complete kit that also includes the sensor.

If anyone has an interest in this you will need a ethanol content analyzer kit, some fuel injection line, fuel injection hose clamps, fuel connectors/fittings, and a small amount of fiberglass insulation sleeve.

You will need to decide what size fuel line you want to run. I went with 3/8 fuel line. If you do the same here’s what you will need.

(2) straight 3/8 hose to 3/8 bundy fuel line connectors
(2) straight 3/8 hose to 5/16 Bundy fuel line connectors
(1) 3/8 barb to 5/16 bundy fitting
(5’)of 3/8 ID fuel injection hose
3/8 fuel injection hose clamps
(1-2’) 1” fiberglass insulation sleeve

The stock fuel line and bundy fittings are 5/16 and the Zeitronix sensor fittings are 3/8. I decided to run a 3/8 fuel line mainly to try and increase fuel flow potential. Initially I was going to run the line from the tank outlet all the way to the fuel fitting under the air plenum but I ran into a little issue.

When I went to push the fuel connector on the tank outlet it didn’t go on all the way. So rather than trying to mess around with ordering more connectors I took a small pipe cutter and removed a small amount of the end of the outlet fitting. Then I cleaned the inside of the fitting up with a countersink and used some 400 grit sand paper to debur the outside edge of the fitting.

After running into that issue I decided it would be best not to try and run the fuel line all the way to the fitting under the plenum since I would likely have the same problem with that fitting. So I ran the fuel line around and right back into the stock fuel line using a barbed to bundy fuel line fitting.

If you go with 5/16 fuel line you could remove the oem connectors from the oem fuel line and use them and you wouldn’t have to modify the tank outlet fitting.

Aside from that the installation was pretty easy. Zeitronix provides a real nice wiring harness and the gauge is very low profile which makes it very easy to mount.

Here are some pictures from the install.

2 x

Vcyclenut ecu flash, zx10 header, pair valve delete, sprint filter, ABM bars, turbo smart bov, Scotts steering damper, Adams extended swing arm, integrated tail light, tail section block off panels, water meth injection, oil catch can, e85 cont. analyzer

Bryan468
Accelerating
Accelerating

Re: Zeitronix ethanol content analyzer

Post by Bryan468 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:10 am

Here’s a couple pictures with the bike turned on. My phone just will not focus decently on the gauge with the bike turned on. The numbers and letters on the gauge look slightly blurry but they’re actually nice and sharp.

3 x

Vcyclenut ecu flash, zx10 header, pair valve delete, sprint filter, ABM bars, turbo smart bov, Scotts steering damper, Adams extended swing arm, integrated tail light, tail section block off panels, water meth injection, oil catch can, e85 cont. analyzer

Prof J
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!
Bike(s): '19 SE +

Post by Prof J » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:19 am

Bryan, what HP estimate are you running with your various mods?
0 x

\

Bryan468
Accelerating
Accelerating

Post by Bryan468 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:44 am

Prof J wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:19 am
Bryan, what HP estimate are you running with your various mods?
Whatever vcyclenut’s 93 octane and e85 maps make. I’m still working on getting the water meth injection dialed in but I intend to use it as a added layer of safety and not for more aggressive tuning so I don’t think there will be much of a power gain there.

Aside from the water meth most of my performance mods are common mods. Nothing crazy yet.
0 x

78cobra
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Bike(s): 1988 Yamaha FZR1000, 1994 Yamaha FZR1000, 2018 Kawasaki H2 sx

Post by 78cobra » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:43 am

The e85 kit is it linked into the ecu were it will change timing or is it just to inform you on content percentage. I hope the meth injection and catch can mods are going well hoping to buy them from you soon.
0 x

Bryan468
Accelerating
Accelerating

Post by Bryan468 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:16 am

78cobra wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:43 am
The e85 kit is it linked into the ecu were it will change timing or is it just to inform you on content percentage. I hope the meth injection and catch can mods are going well hoping to buy them from you soon.
It’s just so I know what the ethanol content of the fuel is. So far everything is working good.
0 x

vcyclenut
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!

Post by vcyclenut » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:09 pm

78cobra wrote:
I wish The ecu was capable of running a flex sensor and making adjustments but it cant

on his set up we use full power mode as the e85 mode, and medium and low and regular pump gas
0 x

Prof J
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!
Bike(s): '19 SE +

Post by Prof J » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:25 pm

vcyclenut wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:09 pm
78cobra wrote:
I wish The ecu was capable of running a flex sensor and making adjustments but it cant

on his set up we use full power mode as the e85 mode, and medium and low and regular pump gas
David, for meth maps that are aggressively tuned, for track, or the like, what power ranges do you think those may reach?
0 x

\

vcyclenut
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!

Post by vcyclenut » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:43 pm

Prof J wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:25 pm
vcyclenut wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:09 pm
78cobra wrote:

David, for meth maps that are aggressively tuned, for track, or the like, what power ranges do you think those may reach?

I have not tested it and as you know I don't like to guess
0 x

78cobra
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Bike(s): 1988 Yamaha FZR1000, 1994 Yamaha FZR1000, 2018 Kawasaki H2 sx

Post by 78cobra » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:01 am

I'm very interested on information about E-85 tune! Power and what mods it has been tested on mpg, anything.

as well as If bryan468 could give any insight on the methonal injection, he's got. I know its more so for safety but have you noticed any power increase or dynoes it. Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like both of you (468 & VCnut) ,have worked on custom maps for running the methonal.
0 x

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik