light or dark tint screens.

Bike aesthetic/mechanical/electrical modifications and general wrenching advice.
kawamad
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged

light or dark tint screens.

Post by kawamad » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:28 am

I most likely will try a double bubble screen as the o.e.m sx se touring screen is producing to much wind noise around my helmet at 50 m.p.h plus. I understand it depends on height but with me being only 5ft 7 inch the wind noise around my head is quite loud I also use ear plugs but still get to much wind noise. so thinking of the powerbronse double bubble.. is the standard powerbronse double bubble higher than the o.e.m sx se touring screen. powerbronse also do a higher double bubble screen but don't want my new sx se looking like a front of a bus. suppose it's impossible to have the best of both worlds a screen decent that doesn't spoil the look of the bike and gives more wind protection but just wondering what other sx se owners have bought either the standard double bubble or the higher double bubble and if they have opted for the light smoked or dark smoked screens. suppose I would prefer the dark smoked screen but also prefer to see where I'm going.. lol.....
0 x

Snakes709
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!
Bike(s): 2018 H2 SX SE

Re: light or dark tint screens.

Post by Snakes709 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:07 pm

I have the powerbronze double bubble in dark smoke. Makes the air alot smoother around my head. Looks great with the dark smoke and in still able to see through it
Attachments
24A5010A-0189-4B31-A370-9F3EC349F9C9.jpeg
0 x

2018 H2 SX/SE
-ZX10R Headers
-2016+ ZX10R Yoshimura Alpha 3/4 system
-Sprint P08 Filter
-Vcyclenut flash
-Driven block off plates
-Yager Werx Intercooler
208whp 96tq

Pud1
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Bike(s): 2018 H2 SX Se

Post by Pud1 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:45 pm

I installed the light smoke dbl bubble from Zero Gravity. It is much better looking and compliments the colour and bodywork angles well. It is about the same height as the OEM. I have not had a chance to ride it yet in order to test for noise as the tail end of winter is still upon us. As far as earplugs go, I have tried the all from foam dici-damps to custom silicone. The best I've found is a shooting earplug made by Surefire called the EP-3. Teriffic sound attenuation, with the added bonus of sitting flush with the head, so as to make donning and doffing a helmet easy.
0 x

kawamad
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged

Post by kawamad » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:46 pm

ok thanks for the info on the screens will try the powerbronse dark smoked screen.. was not sure to go for the light smoked or dark smoked I know the dark smoked will go better with the bike but was not sure what looking through was like.. so thanks for the info..

P.S I been using the soft gel type ear plugs as have tried the sponge type and find they are not as good as the soft gel type.. think I will try the screen and if no improvement will try a different type of ear plug.
0 x

Drnick
Accelerating
Accelerating
Bike(s): Too many to list!

Post by Drnick » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:56 pm

If you use a radar/lidar detector (through screen)and it’s tinted, detector won’t work properly. Range of detector will be diminished,and lidar detection will be severely diminished.
0 x

Velocitus Eradicus

Snakes709
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!
Bike(s): 2018 H2 SX SE

Post by Snakes709 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:52 pm

You can see through it fine.

0 x

2018 H2 SX/SE
-ZX10R Headers
-2016+ ZX10R Yoshimura Alpha 3/4 system
-Sprint P08 Filter
-Vcyclenut flash
-Driven block off plates
-Yager Werx Intercooler
208whp 96tq

Drnick
Accelerating
Accelerating

Post by Drnick » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:16 am

If u mean YOU can see thru tint,yes,but a radar detector behind a tinted screen will not pickup a lidar guns transmission.
0 x

Velocitus Eradicus

Vex
Medium Boost
Medium Boost
Bike(s): 2018 H2 SX SE, 2011 ZX-6R, 2017 Z125

Post by Vex » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:42 am

My dark smoke is almost impossible to see through. In full tuck I have to keep my eyes a bit above the shield to see the road.
0 x

2018 H2 SX SE
2017 Z125 Pro
2011 ZX-6R

kawamad
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged

Post by kawamad » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:22 pm

Thanks for all the replies.. I ordered a dark tint powerbronse double bubble and it arrived today :clap: and fitted it 15 mins later :D excellent fit and looks much better than the o.e.m touring screen. not sure yet if it's better at keeping the wind noise down as like every one eles we are on lockdown due to this bloody couronavirus :bash: would not say it was any taller than the o.e.m screen but the double bubble effect should deflect the wind blast better.. let's hope so :yes: also the o.e.m screen with it being clear it as a black plastic shroud at bottom to cover the connectors e.t.c.. was not sure if this shroud was needed.. did try the powerbronse screen without the shroud but could still see the connectors so removed the screen and fitted the shroud :) as was not sure if it would fit precisely with shroud but happy to report it is a perfect fit including the shroud :cheer:
0 x

Drnick
Accelerating
Accelerating

Post by Drnick » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:15 am

Kawamad, u can’t ride your bike because your in “lockown “?
Curious; where do u live????
0 x

Velocitus Eradicus

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik