Low clutch reservoir

Bike aesthetic/mechanical/electrical modifications and general wrenching advice.
User avatar
ghostrdr
14.7 psi
14.7 psi
Posts: 12
Joined: Jun 17th, 2019
Location: Detroit
Bike(s): H2SXSE
x 1
x 5

Re: Low clutch reservoir

Post by ghostrdr » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:53 pm


The fluid in my bike turned black in the first 100 miles. I asked at the service dept. and they also claimed it was just dye. Over the next 1500 miles it has gradually returned to the normal color. I wouldn't worry about it.
1 x

User avatar
JustinP
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Posts: 96
Joined: Jul 13th, 2019
Location: Greeley, CO
Bike(s): 2018 H2 SX SE, 2008 Hayabusa, 2004 FJR
x 138
x 36

Re: Low clutch reservoir

Post by JustinP » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:36 pm


ghostrdr wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:53 pm
The fluid in my bike turned black in the first 100 miles. I asked at the service dept. and they also claimed it was just dye. Over the next 1500 miles it has gradually returned to the normal color. I wouldn't worry about it.
I'm at 4500 on the original fluid, and it's normal color. I've only seen it bubble one morning when pulling the bike out and starting it.
0 x

User avatar
dieseldad60
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Posts: 91
Joined: Jan 9th, 2019
Location: North Carolina
Bike(s): 2018 Kawasaki H2 SX SE, 2001 Ducati ST4
x 92
x 31

Re: Low clutch reservoir

Post by dieseldad60 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:36 pm


My bike is at 4k miles and the fluid turned black within the first 100 miles and has never changed color again. Not losing any as far as I can tell but it sure ain't pretty :)
1 x

User avatar
Burmashave
Medium Boost
Medium Boost
Posts: 466
Joined: Jul 16th, 2018
Location: USA
Bike(s): H2 SX SE
x 85
x 142

Re: Low clutch reservoir

Post by Burmashave » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:12 pm


dieseldad60 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:36 pm
My bike is at 4k miles and the fluid turned black within the first 100 miles and has never changed color again. Not losing any as far as I can tell but it sure ain't pretty :)
Mine took much longer than 4k miles to clear, but eventually it did.
1 x

User avatar
Tefal
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged
Posts: 21
Joined: Jul 5th, 2018
Location: Uk
Bike(s): Ninja 250, h2sx
x 2

Re: Low clutch reservoir

Post by Tefal » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:48 am


Since having the clutch slave cylinder replaces my fluid is still clear and light
0 x

User avatar
dieseldad60
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Posts: 91
Joined: Jan 9th, 2019
Location: North Carolina
Bike(s): 2018 Kawasaki H2 SX SE, 2001 Ducati ST4
x 92
x 31

Re: Low clutch reservoir

Post by dieseldad60 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:54 pm


Put in some Motul RBF600 this weekend. Not too bad a job. Nice a clean now and I have no functional issues, so I must have done it right. :)
0 x

User avatar
JonTheChron
Medium Boost
Medium Boost
Posts: 517
Joined: Dec 10th, 2017
Location: Quebec
Bike(s): H2SX SE '18
Website: http://supercharged.ninja
x 130
x 142

Re: Low clutch reservoir

Post by JonTheChron » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:46 pm


dieseldad60 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:54 pm
Put in some Motul RBF600 this weekend. Not too bad a job. Nice a clean now and I have no functional issues, so I must have done it right. :)
You did bleed the rest of the fluid out of the system, right?
0 x

2018 H2 SX SE (1st in Canada)
2011 Ninja 1000 (sold)
2009 Ninja 250R (sold)

User avatar
Prof J
Medium Boost
Medium Boost
Posts: 433
Joined: May 29th, 2019
Location: Oregon, USA
Bike(s): '19 SE +
x 42
x 59

Re: Low clutch reservoir

Post by Prof J » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:49 am


JonTheChron wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:46 pm
dieseldad60 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:54 pm
Put in some Motul RBF600 this weekend. Not too bad a job. Nice a clean now and I have no functional issues, so I must have done it right. :)
You did bleed the rest of the fluid out of the system, right?
Motul RBF600 is compatible with Dot 4. I must be missing something.
0 x

User avatar
dieseldad60
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Posts: 91
Joined: Jan 9th, 2019
Location: North Carolina
Bike(s): 2018 Kawasaki H2 SX SE, 2001 Ducati ST4
x 92
x 31

Re: Low clutch reservoir

Post by dieseldad60 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:07 pm


JonTheChron wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:46 pm
dieseldad60 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:54 pm
Put in some Motul RBF600 this weekend. Not too bad a job. Nice a clean now and I have no functional issues, so I must have done it right. :)
You did bleed the rest of the fluid out of the system, right?
Yup, I did. I got all the old fluid out. I guess I shouldn't have said "some". :-)

-jj
1 x

User avatar
JonTheChron
Medium Boost
Medium Boost
Posts: 517
Joined: Dec 10th, 2017
Location: Quebec
Bike(s): H2SX SE '18
Website: http://supercharged.ninja
x 130
x 142

Re: Low clutch reservoir

Post by JonTheChron » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:19 pm


Prof J wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:49 am
JonTheChron wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:46 pm
dieseldad60 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:54 pm
Put in some Motul RBF600 this weekend. Not too bad a job. Nice a clean now and I have no functional issues, so I must have done it right. :)
You did bleed the rest of the fluid out of the system, right?
Motul RBF600 is compatible with Dot 4. I must be missing something.
Always good to get that junk OEM fluid completely out of the system before refilling with quality fluid. And just because their compatible doesn't mean you'd want to mix them, as that would definitely lower the boiling point of the quality RBF600
0 x

2018 H2 SX SE (1st in Canada)
2011 Ninja 1000 (sold)
2009 Ninja 250R (sold)

Post Reply
meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests