de cat

Bike mechanical/electrical modifications and general wrenching advice.
PhukDD
Pressure Building
Pressure Building
Bike(s): a green one

Re: de cat

Post by PhukDD » Fri May 03, 2019 3:11 am

I am going to try this route. MTC agreed to weld a bung on to add the Woolich log box kit. Sprint filter ordered. I can turn simple jobs into hours long projects , so we shall see how this goes.
0 x

PhukDD
Pressure Building
Pressure Building

Post by PhukDD » Sat May 11, 2019 1:47 am

Little update, mtc finally got back to me on the linkpipe mod, sprint filter is on hand(thanks vcyclenut!) and tomorrow is free dynopulls so will do a pre mod run.
Dragonmaster: would you be willing to share the technique used for drilling out the cat collector so I do not have a drNick experience?
0 x

Drnick
Accelerating
Accelerating
Bike(s): Too many to list!

Post by Drnick » Sat May 11, 2019 3:59 pm

Hmmm Drnick experience, use a hole saw that has at least 3” depth and the largest diameter that will fit in collector, I used a
Hole saw that only had a depth of less then 2” and diameter of 2 “, catalytic material in collector is about 3” deep, and that’s why I had a “Drnick moment “🤪PS be careful because the 02 sensor is only about 3/4” from the cat material.
0 x

Velocitus Eradicus

PhukDD
Pressure Building
Pressure Building

Post by PhukDD » Sat May 11, 2019 9:42 pm

Drnick wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 3:59 pm
Hmmm Drnick experience, use a hole saw that has at least 3” depth and the largest diameter that will fit in collector, I used a
Hole saw that only had a depth of less then 2” and diameter of 2 “, catalytic material in collector is about 3” deep, and that’s why I had a “Drnick moment “🤪PS be careful because the 02 sensor is only about 3/4” from the cat material.
Thank you. If we nic it no worries...we will be plugging* that hole anyways.
The stock bike with the slip on Dyno’d at 165hp the morning. So it should be fun to see where we end up with this mod and the Woolich kit.
0 x

PhukDD
Pressure Building
Pressure Building

Post by PhukDD » Sat May 11, 2019 9:44 pm

Would it be worth drilling holes around the perimeter with a normal bit before using the hole saw bit?
0 x

PhukDD
Pressure Building
Pressure Building

Post by PhukDD » Wed May 15, 2019 1:51 pm

Do one of you guys that have done this still happen to can the cat laying around? I am looking for the inside diameter of the pipe so I can order the appropriate hole saw size. I ran a string around the outside and it appears to be 3” external diameter. So was thinking a 2.75” or 70mm hole saw.
0 x

Drnick
Accelerating
Accelerating

Post by Drnick » Fri May 17, 2019 12:38 pm

Sorry, threw out the cat, but kept the exhaust valve section,don’t drill around the the cat material, just get a hole saw that has at least 3” depth and 1/4” smaller then the actual inside diameter of collector, then whatever remains, use a carbide cutter on high speed drill (wear mask) as dust can be toxic! PS had bike dyno ‘d after mods, no flash, just slip on decat, and DNA air filter - 178 hp, 93 ft lbs
0 x

Velocitus Eradicus

PhukDD
Pressure Building
Pressure Building

Post by PhukDD » Fri May 17, 2019 1:30 pm

Thanks Dr. that was my next question about the dust. I live in a small town and was afraid the local hardware store might not have a wide variety of hole saw bits. They do so no need to try and pre order the correct size.
0 x

Drnick
Accelerating
Accelerating

Post by Drnick » Fri May 17, 2019 2:05 pm

Ace hardware (if u have one near u) trick is not the diameter, which they make a large assortment, it’s the depth that it can cut, most holesaws only go 2”, u need approximately 3”
To make a clean removal of cat material,google it, they do make
Em’
0 x

Velocitus Eradicus

PhukDD
Pressure Building
Pressure Building

Post by PhukDD » Fri May 17, 2019 7:11 pm

Drnick wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 2:05 pm
Ace hardware (if u have one near u) trick is not the diameter, which they make a large assortment, it’s the depth that it can cut, most holesaws only go 2”, u need approximately 3”
To make a clean removal of cat material,google it, they do make
Em’
I have been looking around the inter webs, but am uncertain as to the medium used in the guts you drill out. If it is just ceramic it sounds like it would chip out fairly easily.
0 x

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik