Post by Old racer » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:44 am

0 x

Steve Smith
Low Boost
Low Boost
Bike(s): Z H2 , Honda XX

Re: Hot off the press

Post by Steve Smith » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:06 pm

Watched that last night. Here's my thoughts.......
1) Journalists in European countries never seem to do "tests" or comparisons with results based on hard numbers. No track times, drag strip results, actual top speeds ,stopping distance from a given speed, 0-60 MPH times (0-62 KPH times) etc......
2) just because a motorcycle is designated a "naked" bike does not mean all models fall into the same category. Our ZH2 shouldn't be compared to a light weight track focused machine just like those others shouldn't be compared to our street bruiser ZH2 at the drag strip. Apples & oranges.
3) too often the MSRP is ignored in a comparison. How much does the alien bug looking KTM or Duc Streetfighter cost compared to our bike?
In this comparo., the drag race portion was inconclusive due to the poor way it was done and the operators lack of proper launch techniques
Looks like alien bug bike 1 ZH2 3. ZH2 WINS!
0 x

Zdude
Accelerating
Accelerating
Bike(s): 2018 H2SXSE , 2009 Buell Lightning

Post by Zdude » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:56 pm

One thing that isn't mentioned in these Naked bike shootouts is the difference a flashed ECM will make. Regardless of weight disparities the 40 RWHP jump the ZH2 will gain dwarfs any reflash gain the Duc, KTM or any of the competition will see. I'd be far more interested in a competition of drag race, street roll on's and top end runs after all the electronic limitations are removed, the bikes are piped and after market air filtration installed. Granted, on a track circuit the Z will show it's weight and be at a disadvantage in corners but the straightaways :bat: will be owned by the ZH2 and these are streetbikes anyway, nobody will buy a ZH2 to roadrace competitively on a race circuit.
0 x

wellcraft
Low Boost
Low Boost
Bike(s): H2SXSE, BMW K16GTLE, BMW R12GS

Post by wellcraft » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:55 pm

Comparisons are always fun to read about and watch if there's a video available but regardless what any journalist says about any bike it doesn't effect my buying decision. Whenever we have these comparisons one bike is identified as the winner but in reality all the bikes are very close when it comes to performance and other measured criteria plus no one bike in the test is vastly superior to any of the others. For most people it really just comes down to personal preferences which bike they actually buy. I like BMW so if I were buying a sport bike I'd go with a S1RR even though the results of a shootout indicated the Aprilia RSV4 was the better bike.
0 x

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik