KLCM (quick launch mode)

Discuss the new naked H2.
z-lover
14.7 psi
14.7 psi
Bike(s): z1000 and zh2

KLCM (quick launch mode)

Post by z-lover » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:34 am

Anyone else using the KLCM mode? Any success? Any tips you can share? I'm just starting to try to figure it out..... :crazy:
0 x

Champ87
Medium Boost
Medium Boost
Bike(s): Current bikes: 2018 H2 SX SE, '73 Yamaha RD350, '74 Kawasaki H1E

Re: KLCM (quick launch mode)

Post by Champ87 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:55 pm

I tried it a few times on my H2 SX SE but didn't achieve much other that scaring the s*** out of myself. To use KLCM you select F power mode. With the vcyclenut flash, F mode has a new level of intensity so that could be why I struggled with it.

To me, the SX seems quite hard to get off the line. You would think it'd be easy with KLCM holding revs at 6,250 rpm, but I've found that it can get a bit jumpy as traction controls intervenes. I just can't get over that natural reaction of modulating the throttle - more commonly called backing off :). That defeats the object of launch control. I seem to get better launches with less rpm initially then gas it hard once the clutch is fully out. Maybe not the quickest but certainly feels more controllable with less chance of mishap.

Maybe I'll go back and try KLCM again. Now that I'm more familiar with the bike and running higher gearing it may not seem as dramatic. Posts I've read by guys who've taken their bike to the strip, say they didn't use KLCM or TC.
1 x

Champ87
It's amazing how fast you can go when you take your time.

z-lover
14.7 psi
14.7 psi

Post by z-lover » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:55 pm

Champ87 thanks for the reply. No flash yet for the zh2,but still able to generate pucker moments for me. I think the klcm comes from kawa's racing experience, i;ve seen vids of maybe superbike series racing where you could hear the launch control being used, and for kaw to put it on a production bike is pretty strong. I'm thinking maybe a quick jab to get it rolling is my next experiment. Eventually i want to go to the local dragstrip and have legal fun safely.
1 x

Ditch-Ninja
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged
Bike(s): ZH2 H2carbon ZX9R ZX6R

Post by Ditch-Ninja » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:01 pm

Pointless really I used it at the track but you lose so much time since it launches so soft with it. I kinda find it pointless.
0 x

Kawi Green Ride or Die Life

z-lover
14.7 psi
14.7 psi

Post by z-lover » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:31 pm

Ditch- Ninja thanks for your reply! Can you say if it was wheelspin, or wheelie induced, or the clutch feel, or whatever made for the soft starts? TIA
0 x

Ditch-Ninja
Boost Engaged
Boost Engaged
Bike(s): ZH2 H2carbon ZX9R ZX6R

Post by Ditch-Ninja » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:37 am

It's just the function of the KLCM it is designed for a smooth take off no lift. Now compare that to holding the clutch just at the point it catches and release it at 4grand and hit it hard. The bike will take you for a ride. Manually controlling the throttle keeping control is way faster then the electronics.

KLCM is the much safer easier to handle option. That's exactly what it's meant to do. KLCM is not to be fast just meant for a smooth take off.
0 x

Kawi Green Ride or Die Life

vcyclenut
Chirp-Chirp!
Chirp-Chirp!

Post by vcyclenut » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:28 pm

Ditch-Ninja wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:37 am
It's just the function of the KLCM it is designed for a smooth take off no lift. Now compare that to holding the clutch just at the point it catches and release it at 4grand and hit it hard. The bike will take you for a ride. Manually controlling the throttle keeping control is way faster then the electronics.

KLCM is the much safer easier to handle option. That's exactly what it's meant to do. KLCM is not to be fast just meant for a smooth take off.
id like to see some slips with your 60 foot time using the launch control with the tc set at 1 vs launching manually

if your bracket racing and consistency is more important then a couple tenths i bet the launch control would be the ticket
1 x

meble kuchenne na wymiar warszawa cennik